Olympics 2021

July 31st, 2021 at 7:15:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Bobby Finke
What a swimmer
races the long races, 800 and 1500
Here he is in the 800
He's losing the whole race until the last 1/2 lap turning on the afterburners right at the end
Great win
He just did it minutes ago in the 1500
Trailing the leaders the whole race till the end, turns on the afterburners and takes gold
2 of the most incredible swimming performances I've ever seen
1500 actually no drama after seeing the 800, you knew if he kept close, he'll just use those afterburners
Amazing. Afterburners were actually more dominant in the 1500
You can just see him so so much faster then the field the last 25 yards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBbmgqp0xII
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 1st, 2021 at 3:35:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
More examples of the waste that is hosting an Olympics. And we got laughed at for hoping that the USA did not get them when Obama made the pitch way back when.

The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2021 at 7:59:54 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
A few good news stories from the Olympics:

-the purple haired pu**y eater's team loses to Canada in soccer and will not earn either a gold or silver medal. I am rooting for them to not win the bronze medal.

-Gwen Berry, a U.S. Olympic hammer thrower who turned away from the American flag during the playing of the national anthem, failed to medal during finals on Tuesday.

-the transgender weightlifter from NZ failed to win a medal
Let's go Brandon
August 3rd, 2021 at 9:08:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
A few good news stories from the Olympics:

-the purple haired pu**y eater's team loses to Canada in soccer and will not earn either a gold or silver medal. I am rooting for them to not win the bronze medal.

-Gwen Berry, a U.S. Olympic hammer thrower who turned away from the American flag during the playing of the national anthem, failed to medal during finals on Tuesday.

-the transgender weightlifter from NZ failed to win a medal

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 3rd, 2021 at 9:19:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Its a massive accomplishment to be an Olympian
Congrats to all the athletes that made it to Tokyo
I'm not rooting against anybody
Except maybe the US fencer accused of sexual harassment
And Team Australia which trashed their rooms
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:36:54 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Its a massive accomplishment to be an Olympian
Congrats to all the athletes that made it to Tokyo
I'm not rooting against anybody
Except maybe the US fencer accused of sexual harassment
And Team Australia which trashed their rooms

It's really not that big of an accomplishment for a transgender weightlifter. I guess it would be incredibly impressive if one was a woman transitioning into a man.

Just look at the ages of this person and all of the competition. This person was finished as a men's weightlifter...and was nowhere near top of the world anyway.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:40:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
It's really not that big of an accomplishment for a transgender weightlifter. I guess it would be incredibly impressive if one was a woman transitioning into a man.

Just look at the ages of this person and all of the competition. This person was finished as a men's weightlifter...and was nowhere near top of the world anyway.

I can't imagine how a man can be proud to be competing in women's weightlifting.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:42:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Of course, it's framed as, "Took a break from men's competition," which is a polite way of saying, "Wasn't good enough."
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:43:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
I can't imagine how a man can be proud to be competing in women's weightlifting.

Right!? It'd be like a spousal abuser bragging that he beat his wife in a fight.
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:44:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
Right!? It'd be like a spousal abuser bragging that he beat his wife in a fight.

Or another way, an older man can hit from the seniors tees, no man hits from the ladies tees.
The President is a fink.