Olympics 2021

August 3rd, 2021 at 10:45:22 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
Its a massive accomplishment to be an Olympian.

Maybe if you medal.
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:46:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Or another way, an older man can hit from the seniors tees, no man hits from the ladies tees.

I guess that's true, but I probably should if I ever golf a woman to give myself a chance. If she can consistently three-putt, I'm screwed.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:52:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
It's really not that big of an accomplishment for a transgender weightlifter.

???????
How much did that person lift
And
Can you lift that weight
Not knowing the weight, I doubt it for myself
How well would you do competing against Women in this sport?
I will be honest, I'd get my ass kicked
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 3rd, 2021 at 10:55:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Maybe if you medal.

I remember an Olympic wrestler visited our school once
No medal
Just an Olympian
Everybody was super impressed
He's obviously one of the top wrestlers in the entire country. Nothing to sneeze at.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:01:55 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Simone Biles played "the mentally ill lives matter" card.
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:03:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
???????
How much did that person lift
And
Can you lift that weight
Not knowing the weight, I doubt it for myself
How well would you do competing against Women in this sport?
I will be honest, I'd get my ass kicked

No, I can't. That's why I am not an Olympic athlete. This person cannot lift enough weight to be an Olympic athlete if this person had been competing with the proper sex...in the men's division, they'd get no further in the Olympics than I would.

The women would kick my ass, but the women are generally not going to kick the asses of men at the top level. The good news for them was that this dude wasn't anywhere near the top level anymore.

Look at the differences in world records between men and women: If any one of the men currently doing it decide that they instead want to be women, starting tomorrow, the women's division (barring injury) has ONE champion in all applicable events for probably the next fifteen years.

***Actually...this person had no qualifying lifts in the event, which IS something that I could have done. LOL
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:05:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: missedhervee
Simone Biles played"the mentally ill lives matter" card.

You know, I'd actually defended her decision to dropout if she felt like her presence would be detrimental to the team...and now I feel like an idiot. That'll teach me for ever believing something that someone says.
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:20:33 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You know, I'd actually defended her decision to dropout if she felt like her presence would be detrimental to the team...and now I feel like an idiot. That'll teach me for ever believing something that someone says.

Why do you feel like an idiot?

Beam was the only element she felt comfortable enough to do because she didn’t have to do any twisting elements.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:25:28 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Why do you feel like an idiot?

Beam was the only element she felt comfortable enough to do because she didn’t have to do any twisting elements.

Yeah, that's what she said. I guess you can believe that, if you want to. I think this was a great way to dominate two news cycles rather than one. Kudos to her publicist and management.
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:28:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Yeah, that's what she said. I guess you can believe that, if you want to. I think this was a great way to dominate two news cycles rather than one. Kudos to her publicist and management.

I absolutely believe it. All the gymnastics people on twitter pointed out that she did a much easier dismount than she usually does (took out the twist) so it makes sense.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman