Olympics 2021

August 3rd, 2021 at 11:28:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Hell, we probably heard, "Simone Biles," more in the last few days with her dropping out entirely and then taking Bronze in this event than we would have if she'd have stayed in the whole time and it would have been a sweep of golds.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:31:18 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
I absolutely believe it. All the gymnastics people on twitter pointed out that she did a much easier dismount than she usually does (took out the twist) so it makes sense.

Well, yeah, if you're going to lie you have to be consistent.

The key is to create some division around you; that's how you get ahead circa 2021. Get one side furious with you and the other side singing your praises, after that, everything that you do is a money printer. Going to be some big time endorsement contracts for Biles in the next few months, I can guarantee you that.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:32:45 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Well, yeah, if you're going to lie you have to be consistent.

The key is to create some division around you; that's how you get ahead circa 2021. Get one side furious with you and the other side singing your praises, after that, everything that you do is a money printer. Going to be some big time endorsement contracts for Biles in the next few months, I can guarantee you that.

Who’s furious with her? Only idiots, I’d say.

And she already has tons of endorsements.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:34:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Who’s furious with her? Only idiots, I’d say.

And she already has tons of endorsements.

Of course they're idiots. What political side do you think is furious with her? Good marketing, though.

I'm not furious about anything. I didn't care about her (or gymnastics) before and I don't care now, except for the fact that I've had to hear about it the last several days.

There are some people who could comfortably retire now sitting at work right this minute. Do you think there's a limit on how many endorsement deals a person wants to have?
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:38:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Beats me, if she broke her ankle, everyone would give her a pass. Impossible for me to judge her mental state .

For comparison, I certainly wouldn't want my airline pilot to fly the plane if he was feeling unstable even if I have no idea if he is in bad shape.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:42:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Beats me, if she broke her ankle, everyone would give her a pass. Impossible for me to judge her mental state .

For comparison, I certainly wouldn't want my airline pilot to fly the plane if he was feeling unstable even if I have no idea if he is in bad shape.

Yeah, I know, that's why I defended her. My defense of her was that only she could know whether or not her performing would be a net detriment to the team.

Like an idiot, I even said that it probably took more guts for her to withdraw than it would have for her to go out and not perform well. Nobody wants to let their team down...and by not withdrawing, at least she could say she tried.

Anyway, I'm an idiot. She comes back, comes in third, gets another news cycle. I'd usually be smart enough to see through this ahead of time.
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:45:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
She'd have come in last and everyone would be cheering her bravery. It's a no-fail tactic.

We've got people in all sorts of sports who have won golds that I can't even name! She gets the morning news cycle for Bronze. Brilliant, really.
August 3rd, 2021 at 11:51:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
https://www.npr.org/sections/tokyo-olympics-live-updates/2021/08/03/1024247363/tamyra-mensah-stock-first-u-s-black-woman-to-win-wrestling-gold-tokyo-olympics

See? Awesome!

First black woman to win gold at wrestling for U.S. and people are still talking Simone Biles. I hope her publicists are really god**** proud of themselves.

You know, Gold? The medal that matters? The one that the U.S. Women's Soccer team won't be getting this time around?

Quote:
"I'm like, 'Oh my gosh, look at us representing," Mensah-Stock said, according to The Associated Press. "It's so freaking awesome. You're making history, I'm making history. We're making history. So it meant a lot."
August 3rd, 2021 at 12:13:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
No, I can't. That's why I am not an Olympic athlete. This person cannot lift enough weight to be an Olympic athlete if this person had been competing with the proper sex...in the men's division, they'd get no further in the Olympics than I would.

Lets take the PC out of it. Whether you or I could compete in the Olympics is not the issue. Unless craps is made an event we stand no chance.

However, a man competing with the women is simply a:

COWARD
LOSER
FAIRY

Real med do not compete with the girls because they cannot hang with the men. If this were 20 years ago the media would be rightly attacking him for it.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2021 at 12:24:58 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Lets take the PC out of it. Whether you or I could compete in the Olympics is not the issue. Unless craps is made an event we stand no chance.

However, a man competing with the women is simply a:

COWARD
LOSER
FAIRY

Real med do not compete with the girls because they cannot hang with the men. If this were 20 years ago the media would be rightly attacking him for it.

I'm not going to go tossing those kinds of insults around necessarily, but I am going to call an unfair sporting competition what it is.

Even with this individual having a DNF/DNQ, there still exists a biological woman who competes in this event from New Zealand who did NOT make it to the Olympics (or have the opportunity to attempt to qualify) because a twig and berries came in and took what would have otherwise been her position.

I'm not going to go the, "Real men," argument, because I assume that this individual would be the first to tell you that this individual is not a, "Real man." In fact, this individual would maintain that this individual is not a man at all whatsoever.

That's neither here nor there. The fact that I could never be an Olympian has nothing to do with the work that these biological women have put into these sports only to have their positions usurped by biological men. I freely admit that I never rose to high levels in any sport, but I do know what it means to put a lot of effort into a sport and how important WINNING is, regardless of what level of competition you are at.

We've seen this with these transexuals in a few different sports now. They go and compete with the women because they'd never be good enough against biological men. In Connecticut, they took the path to easy college scholarships. In MMA, we see Fallon Fox kicking womens' heads off because, as a man, Fallon Fox is maybe on the high end of barroom brawlers...throws some pretty solid hands and feet, but has no technique to speak of. We see it in Canada with this, "Rachel," McKinnon.

I want to be very clear that I usually do not worry about these people who transition. It's none of my business and it should not impact their opportunities in most areas---but there needs to be a line drawn with sport. It's unfair for biological women to be disadvantaged just because some dude decided that he's going to be a woman from now on.