Olympics 2021

Page 9 of 12« First<6789101112>
August 3rd, 2021 at 1:01:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

We've seen this with these transexuals in a few different sports now. They go and compete with the women because they'd never be good enough against biological men. In Connecticut, they took the path to easy college scholarships. In MMA, we see Fallon Fox kicking womens' heads off because, as a man, Fallon Fox is maybe on the high end of barroom brawlers...throws some pretty solid hands and feet, but has no technique to speak of. We see it in Canada with this, "Rachel," McKinnon.

I want to be very clear that I usually do not worry about these people who transition. It's none of my business and it should not impact their opportunities in most areas---but there needs to be a line drawn with sport. It's unfair for biological women to be disadvantaged just because some dude decided that he's going to be a woman from now on.

The problem starts in considering them "women" in the first place. I have probably said it here before, but for example if at the high school level a male tried to compete with the girls in my day the boyfriends of the girls would explain to him that it will be hard for him to run with broken legs.

We need some level of that. Tell them to compete with the men or do not compete. Somehow over the last 10 years the woke part of society just accepts any nonsense as gospel. "He thinks he's a girl then he is a girl." "She thinks she is black then she is black."

Someone has to stand up. But an issue I see is non-athlete women will feel sorry for these men and say to let them compete, splitting the women's "vote" on it.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2021 at 1:16:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
There is a very easy way to fix it. JUST GET RID OF WOMENS SPORTS. Why should any group get their own divisions? Let's just all compete together with the same rules and whoever wins is the best human at that sport.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 3rd, 2021 at 1:17:26 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
The problem starts in considering them "women" in the first place. I have probably said it here before, but for example if at the high school level a male tried to compete with the girls in my day the boyfriends of the girls would explain to him that it will be hard for him to run with broken legs.

We need some level of that. Tell them to compete with the men or do not compete. Somehow over the last 10 years the woke part of society just accepts any nonsense as gospel. "He thinks he's a girl then he is a girl." "She thinks she is black then she is black."

Someone has to stand up. But an issue I see is non-athlete women will feel sorry for these men and say to let them compete, splitting the women's "vote" on it.

I don't really care about any of it except for the part that has to do with sports. If they want me to be really polite and pretend that they weren't born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, then that's what I'll do because it's not negatively impacting me...and I don't think it impacts other people as much as they'd like to have you believe.

I think that they should have the same job opportunities in other venues, just not sports.

Mitch is now Marsha and I have to use the pronoun, "She," if we're out to dinner together (think double date) and I want to be polite and accepting. No big deal. It's not like I'm going to sleep with Marsha.

I'm not sexually attracted to, 'Women,' who were born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, cry me a river if that makes me, "Non-inclusive," or whatever. I'm almost never sexually attracted to thin blonde-haired women with small breasts and nobody has ever complained about my preference there. I figured if I can exercise my preference when it comes to hair color and body characteristics, then I should also be permitted to do so based on whether or not someone was born with a Johnson.

Anyway, I'm just talking about sports. With apologies, you're not going to get me on your side on the overall issue. What other people do usually doesn't matter to me if it doesn't impact me, but this is totally unfair to the female athletes.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 1:18:08 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
There is a very easy way to fix it. JUST GET RID OF WOMENS SPORTS. Why should any group get their own divisions? Let's just all compete together with the same rules and whoever wins is the best human at that sport.

The man who wins on the mens side already is the best human at the sport. I can only think of a few possible exceptions...which aren't even that likely.

That's why there ARE divisions. We recognize Man v. Woman as fundamentally unfair.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2021 at 1:20:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I I'm almost never sexually attracted to thin blonde-haired women with small breasts and nobody has ever complained about my preference there.

I am, if you run into any send them my way please.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 3rd, 2021 at 2:25:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't really care about any of it except for the part that has to do with sports. If they want me to be really polite and pretend that they weren't born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, then that's what I'll do because it's not negatively impacting me...and I don't think it impacts other people as much as they'd like to have you believe.

I think that they should have the same job opportunities in other venues, just not sports.

Mitch is now Marsha and I have to use the pronoun, "She," if we're out to dinner together (think double date) and I want to be polite and accepting. No big deal. It's not like I'm going to sleep with Marsha.

I'm not sexually attracted to, 'Women,' who were born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, cry me a river if that makes me, "Non-inclusive," or whatever. I'm almost never sexually attracted to thin blonde-haired women with small breasts and nobody has ever complained about my preference there. I figured if I can exercise my preference when it comes to hair color and body characteristics, then I should also be permitted to do so based on whether or not someone was born with a Johnson.

Anyway, I'm just talking about sports. With apologies, you're not going to get me on your side on the overall issue. What other people do usually doesn't matter to me if it doesn't impact me, but this is totally unfair to the female athletes.

I'm not sure if there is any really good satisfactory solution to the sports question, but from a mathematical perspective, I suggest for instance they look at all the men's and women's records in the 100m run then figure out the proper handicapping for women. Then a transgendered women in a women's race has the handicap applied to their time.

In auto racing, it's called bracketing, enabling vehicles of different kinds to run against each other. Although it doesn't work exactly the same way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 3rd, 2021 at 2:37:35 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
For the sake of fairness they might consider dropping the two different categories, men and women, for all events: hello, unisex.

Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.
August 3rd, 2021 at 3:20:59 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
https://www.npr.org/sections/tokyo-olympics-live-updates/2021/08/03/1024247363/tamyra-mensah-stock-first-u-s-black-woman-to-win-wrestling-gold-tokyo-olympics

See? Awesome!

First black woman to win gold at wrestling for U.S. and people are still talking Simone Biles. I hope her publicists are really god**** proud of themselves.

You know, Gold? The medal that matters? The one that the U.S. Women's Soccer team won't be getting this time around?

And this champion held the American Flag over her head and wrapped herself in it in celebration. I don’t care what her personal politics are; this is the kind of CHAMPION that I’m proud to have representing this country.
August 3rd, 2021 at 3:21:40 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
I'm not sure if there is any really good satisfactory solution to the sports question, but from a mathematical perspective, I suggest for instance they look at all the men's and women's records in the 100m run then figure out the proper handicapping for women. Then a transgendered women in a women's race has the handicap applied to their time.

In auto racing, it's called bracketing, enabling vehicles of different kinds to run against each other. Although it doesn't work exactly the same way.

Trans only events, problem solved.
August 3rd, 2021 at 4:15:47 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
https://www.npr.org/sections/tokyo-olympics-live-updates/2021/08/03/1024247363/tamyra-mensah-stock-first-u-s-black-woman-to-win-wrestling-gold-tokyo-olympics

See? Awesome!

First black woman to win gold at wrestling for U.S. and people are still talking Simone Biles. I hope her publicists are really god**** proud of themselves.

You know, Gold? The medal that matters? The one that the U.S. Women's Soccer team won't be getting this time around?

People were talking about Simone Biles long before the Tokyo Olympics began. US media was primed to saturate their coverage with Simone. She's the best ever, the GOAT and she's still in her prime. Women's gymnastics is by far the most popular Olympic sport (female wrestling is not). She had an opportunity for unprecedented accomplishment.

But, NO! She decided that she could get better PR by throwing all that away and faking the yips and coming back a week later to scale down her balance beam routine to take a bronze. For what again? a couple of news cycles? With all due respect that's absurd.

Reasons that it made sense to come back for balance beam:
- She had a few days to get it together
- It could be done without twists.
- Only Simone and Sunisa Lee qualified for balance beam for the US. If Simone declined it would have just been Suni. The US could not replace Simone's spot with someone else.

I will respect criticism of Simone Biles if it comes from another elite gymnast.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 9 of 12« First<6789101112>