Olympics 2021

Page 10 of 12« First<789101112>
August 3rd, 2021 at 4:52:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Watched some of the womens hammer throw. Those
are women? I want DNA proof.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2021 at 5:06:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
There is a very easy way to fix it. JUST GET RID OF WOMENS SPORTS.

No way
I follow Womens sports such as college basketball
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 3rd, 2021 at 6:21:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Lets take the PC out of it. Whether you or I could compete in the Olympics is not the issue. Unless craps is made an event we stand no chance.

However, a man competing with the women is simply a:

COWARD
LOSER
FAIRY

Real med do not compete with the girls because they cannot hang with the men. If this were 20 years ago the media would be rightly attacking him for it.

I’d pay good money to watch this fairy take on “alpha male” Duffman and pound him into a pulp.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 3rd, 2021 at 6:47:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
This is cool listening to the Italians after they
win a gold. Click 'watch on youtube'

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2021 at 7:11:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The problem starts in considering them "women" in the first place. I have probably said it here before, but for example if at the high school level a male tried to compete with the girls in my day the boyfriends of the girls would explain to him that it will be hard for him to run with broken legs.

We need some level of that. Tell them to compete with the men or do not compete. Somehow over the last 10 years the woke part of society just accepts any nonsense as gospel. "He thinks he's a girl then he is a girl." "She thinks she is black then she is black."

Someone has to stand up. But an issue I see is non-athlete women will feel sorry for these men and say to let them compete, splitting the women's "vote" on it.

Insane comment, threatening violence over a sport? Especially a non contact sport where people would just be running on the same track? .....

Somebody does not want somebody else running on a track near their girlfriend so its acceptable to break their legs? I am glad I do not live in "your day"....

Quote: missedhervee
For the sake of fairness they might consider dropping the two different categories, men and women, for all events: hello, unisex.

Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

I know you are being sarcastic, but this is the best solution. Especially for non contact sports, golf, bowling, pool/billards, etc.... the kind of sports that should not be separated on gender for any reason other than historical/cultural. I would even add track/field to this list.

I have not been following the Olympics at all (so I can't comment on specific controversies brought up in recent days), and I don't really care about sports in general, but I have long thought gender-neutral is the future.

We had a female player on the football team in my High School back when I went, since technically there was only one football team (which was historically male), but after some back and forth it was determined that there is nothing to stop any student from joining (it was not a "male team"). There was no issues as far as I know, and if I recall correctly the only "controversy" was the additional resources to have a second set of locker rooms and showers running during games for just one player (because unlike past football nights where they only had to worry about the male locker room they would have to put all the stuff in place for the female locker areas etc....) Though this "expense" was likely many times lower than founding a female HS football team from scratch for probably at most a handful of people that would maybe join instead of just allowing them to join the Football Team.... And, the only reason I know all of this is I was in marching band all through high school, so I was forced to attend all football games and related events (I disliked football then as much as I do now, its by far my least favorite sport to spectate -which is saying a lot- even if I am personally connected to a school's team, I just do not understand the appeal of watching Football).

I don't care about Sports at all, but I recently took a Sports Law class so I read far more about this issue (Gender Disputes in Sports) than I care to. But, my view is, making all teams gender neutral would solve all Title IX compliance issues (at least relating to sports) while saving money (instead of needing two or more sets of teams for all sports). Would this mean less women play some sports (my guess is some contact sports will see a decrease in female participation)? Maybe, but honestly the less money schools spend on sports the better so its win/win (Gender Equality and more money for academics).
August 3rd, 2021 at 7:32:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Gandler

We had a female player on the football team in my High School back when I went,

We had female cheerleaders. Are they all men now?
August 3rd, 2021 at 7:57:56 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
We had female cheerleaders. Are they all men now?

Some are. Its also gender neutral at most schools (such as mine). When I was in HS it was an open secret that being a male cheerleader was a great opportunity, as there were so few, even if you were mediocre it opened up very easy scholarship opportunities if you were willing to apply to college as a cheerleader, just because there are so few so there was really no competition.

I do not know how true this is (not a sport/activity that ever interested me), but I heard this from quite a few teachers and counselors in HS so I am sure there was something to it.

Actually a quick Google Search seems to indicate this is still true:
https://www.ncsasports.org/cheerleading/cheerleading-scholarships
"Generally, male cheerleaders have a better shot at landing a full-ride scholarship because some programs will designate a scholarship for male athletes on their team, and there tend to be fewer males than female cheerleaders on each squad."
August 3rd, 2021 at 9:08:23 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

the kind of sports that should not be separated on gender for any reason other than historical/cultural. I would even add track/field to this list.

You must be joking right. For any given track event the women’s world record time wouldn’t win a typical boys high school state meet.

Quote:
I don't care about Sports at all, but I recently took a Sports Law class so I read far more about this issue (Gender Disputes in Sports) than I care to. But, my view is, making all teams gender neutral would solve all Title IX compliance issues (at least relating to sports) while saving money (instead of needing two or more sets of teams for all sports). Would this mean less women play some sports (my guess is some contact sports will see a decrease in female participation)? Maybe, but honestly the less money schools spend on sports the better so its win/win (Gender Equality and more money for academics).

A lawyer’s way to kill women’s sports without technically violating Title IX. What did women athletes ever do to you?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 3rd, 2021 at 9:42:40 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: JimRockford
What did women athletes ever do to you?

They demand parity when the reality is they've a fraction of the fan base of the men.
August 4th, 2021 at 2:43:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Insane comment, threatening violence over a sport? Especially a non contact sport where people would just be running on the same track? .....

Somebody does not want somebody else running on a track near their girlfriend so its acceptable to break their legs? I am glad I do not live in "your day"....

Absolutely. Called protecting your women. Men do not belong in the girls sports. That men acting like women to compete with them is tolerated is amazing to me. Another sign of our societal collapse.
The President is a fink.
Page 10 of 12« First<789101112>