Jan 6 investigation committee

Page 2 of 5<12345>
July 27th, 2021 at 7:20:53 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'd pay attention to what stage this investigation is in. At the moment, the demonstrators are being thrown under the bus. Among there numbers were some real bad actors, and the Grand Inquisitors will want to make it seem like they were all like that. Not even the truth about what the percentages might be between the bad actors and the mere dumbasses who stumbled in alongside those will be revealed. Some let themselves get photographed, didn't wear masks, used their credit cards, and we know who *they* were, will we find out how many that were doing the most violent stuff were never identified? Will it bring out that the pipe-bomb planter was likely to have been part of a plot? Who was behind that?

Of course it's easy to laugh now about Antifa ... that has gotten no follow up and the Grand Inquisitors will make sure there's continued silence there.

But never mind, the real target is Trump and the Republican party generally. They'll get around to that.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 27th, 2021 at 7:43:31 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
China is convicting and jailing the Hong Kong protestors for treason. Makes sense that the current US communist government should do the same with those that oppose them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 27th, 2021 at 7:47:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

But never mind, the real target is Trump and the Republican party generally.

Well yea
If you demand a crowd to overthrow the govt
And that crowd tries to overthrow the govt
Then Republicans in power defend trying to overthrowing the govt
Yea, the republicans painted a target on their back
The only question
How well Pelosi shoots and injures the party for 2022 elections
Yes Pelosi is playing hard ball
Republicans never complained when Moscow Mitch played hardball
Hardball can be played by both sides. Thats reality. Deal with it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 27th, 2021 at 7:51:06 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
China is convicting and jailing the Hong Kong protestors for treason. Makes sense that the current US communist government should do the same with those that oppose them.

WTF
Current communist govt??????
Are you off your rocker?
I don't even think you actually know what a communist govt is?
China jails peaceful protestors
In the US, we jail violent protesters that break the law regardless of support from a President
Big Diff ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 27th, 2021 at 8:10:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
WTF
Current communist govt??????
Are you off your rocker?
China jails peaceful protestors
In the US, we jail violent protesters that break the law regardless of support from a President
Big Diff ROTFL

The protestor in Hong Kong hit a cop with his motorbike, not so peaceful. The point is that was considered treason just like the label being put on the US protestors.

Are far as communist 'If it walks like a duck .......'
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 27th, 2021 at 8:12:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

But never mind, the real target is Trump and the Republican party generally. They'll get around to that.

Why not?

Kevin McCarthy (R) House minority leader once said Trump "bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters.”

McConnell (R) was even more excoriating in a longer speech, but he's now been exorcised from the Trump orbit. McCarthy went back to bended knee before Trump. McConnell just tries to avoid it all.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 27th, 2021 at 8:12:43 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman

Are far as communist 'If it walks like a duck .......'

What is communist about this country today that it wasn't 6 months ago when Ttump was pres
Or was Trump a communist
July 27th, 2021 at 9:03:51 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
What "treason?" It was just a demonstration.

Treason would be the fake dossier on Trump or talk of using the 25th to get rid of him. Or those military generals who said they would not take an order from him. Or impeachment over a phone call.

Only Trump haters still care about Jan 6. Sane people are living their lives. We think the whole "investigation" is a joke.

You mean the Generals who said they would not follow his orders after his term expired because there was belief he was planning to stay in office with use of the military? They completely did the right thing by not even pretending to humor that delusional idea.....

There was massive violence and crime, it was not "just a demonstration.... Sane people are worried that such behavior will be tolerated (or even encouraged). You are sadly right only Trump haters care, because Trump supporters think he won the election and the results should be overturned.....
July 27th, 2021 at 9:10:36 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I'm all in for the prosecution of all the folks who committed crimes (assault, battery, attempted murder, etc.) that day.
I'm all for figuring out who the instigators were and charging them as terrorists.
I'm also all for finding out why the hell the Capitol was not prepared any better than it was and why the response to the horrible things that day was not swifter and more forceful.

It could be that this is what they will investigate, report on, and work to have a better plan if something ever happens again.

It could also be that Nancy, playing hardball, has no interest in anything but keeping the issue in the public eye as long as possible to counteract the gains that the Republican party is likely to make in 2022.

This committee would have been just fine with the members the Minority Leader appointed. The Democrats would still be in charge and control the hearings. Instead she took an unprecedented action by rejecting some of them.

That tells me a lot about her motives. As to the actual committee, I am hoping they are there to find the truth...no matter how inconvenient it may be.
July 27th, 2021 at 9:27:27 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC

I'm also all for finding out why the hell the Capitol was not prepared any better than it was and why the response to the horrible things that day was not swifter and more forceful.

White privilege
I've seen a gazillion protests in DC including Muslim protests.
If this were Muslims or BLM attacking the capital, blood on the streets
Page 2 of 5<12345>