Average Transaction Price Soaring

Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »
July 30th, 2021 at 11:44:50 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: gamerfreak
I’ve written about it a bunch of times, but I am overly anxious about car travel and perceive bigger to be better in terms of safety..

Mid-sized SUV’s. My last 2 cars have been used highlanders.

Do you at least buy the Highlander hybrids with the 2.5 liter engines?

They save a lot of gasoline.
Toyota has been selling more than normal this year

First 6 months of 2021
109,852 HIGHLANDER pure gasoline engines Horsepower: 295 hp | 3.5 L V6
34,528 HIGHLANDER HYBRID Horsepower: 243 hp | 2.5 L 4-cylinder + two electric motors
July 30th, 2021 at 11:55:47 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Pacomartin
Do you at least buy the Highlander hybrids with the 2.5 liter engines?

They save a lot of gasoline.
Toyota has been selling more than normal this year

First 6 months of 2021
109,852 HIGHLANDER pure gasoline engines
34,528 HIGHLANDER HYBRID

Hah, no, I have a 3.5L V6. I average around 19 mpg mostly driving on back roads. I have gotten up to 26 mpg average on very long highway trips.

It’s an older model (2010), which I know I am speaking out of both sides because newer = safer is probably even more true than bigger = safer. But it’s hard for me to get rid of it because it’s a high trim level and absolutely pristine. I bought it from my parents who were the original owners, and after 130k miles it still drives like it’s brand new. And I am driving less than ever nowadays so it’s hard to justify an upgrade.
July 30th, 2021 at 12:17:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
It’s an older model (2010),

Which grill does it have

July 30th, 2021 at 12:18:43 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
July 31st, 2021 at 5:09:33 AM permalink
Pacomartin
I think you have model year 2011 even if it was bought in 2010.

#1 - it’s the limited trim

Well I understand wanting to keep the older model as long as it is running. If it does give up the ghost, I can't see getting the 4 runner unless you are really going to do some serious off-road driving.

Quote: caranddriver
The 2022 Highlander comes with
A 295-hp 3.5-liter V-6, which pairs with an eight-speed automatic transmission and either front- or all-wheel drive. During a brief test drive, we found the V-6 could tackle short on-ramps without straining; at our test track, our all-wheel-drive test vehicle made it to 60 mph in a reasonably quick 6.7 seconds. Handling is unexciting but stable, and the ride is perfectly suitable for family-chauffeur duty.

A 2.5-liter four-cylinder and two electric motors team up for a combined 243 horsepower in the Highlander Hybrid. This model comes with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) and a choice between front- and all-wheel drive. Leveraging Toyota's hybrid expertise, this powertrain provides buyers with something more fuel efficient than the standard model. The tradeoff comes in acceleration performance, both due to the hybrid's lower horsepower rating and the fact that this model uses a CVT instead of the nonhybrid's eight-speed automatic.

The 2022 4Runner is motivated by a 270-hp 4.0-liter V-6 paired with a five-speed automatic transmission. Available with rear-wheel drive and either full- or part-time four-wheel-drive systems, the outdated powertrain provides unremarkable acceleration, with the last version we tested taking 7.6 second to hit 60 mph.

I can see manufacturers limiting their battery EV models
A compact sedan, SUV and performance version
A mid-size sedan, SUV and performance version
Forget subcompacts and full size vehicles. A true off-roading electric vehicle seems kind of stupid.
July 31st, 2021 at 7:34:46 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
i recently bought a honda crv. i consider it mid-sized but all of the magazines call it a compact. it is the perfect size for me and averages 29 mpg,
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 31st, 2021 at 8:20:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
i recently bought a honda crv. i consider it mid-sized but all of the magazines call it a compact. it is the perfect size for me and averages 29 mpg,

Car sizes are weird. "Compact" was once small but is now sort of mid-size. The Ford Falcon was a compact. What happened was then sub-compacts came out and people confused the terms as large cars fell to what was once mid-size. Think Thunderbird and Cutlass from their huge size in the early 70s to mid-size in the later 70s. "GM77" was the term as GM did some huge downsizing in 1977. What was large became what was a big mid-size in 1976. So it went.

That guy I knew with the Demon got angry if you said he had a compact, he thought it was a mid-size even though it was the smallest Chrysler product when made save maybe the captive imports.

SUVs have the additional problem of creep. I want a Tuscon for my next one because it will be the same size as my first Santa Fe which was always the large Hyundai SUV until it became the mid-size when they added a larger one now the Tuscon is the same size and they added the Kona as the small one.

Got that?
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2021 at 10:56:54 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I am really enjoying the 2021 Mazda CX-5 Carbon Edition Turbo we bought a few months ago; in hindsight I don't know how we were able to "luck out" and quickly acquire one optioned the way we wanted (black interior, not red), given the difficulties the auto insustry is experiencing.

I like to maintain, wash and detail my own cars; the dealer wanted me to have their service department give the car a ceramic coating on the finish: I looked into it and found their suggested price ($1500) was too high: private shops could do it for half that: still too expensive.

So, I looked into ceramic coatings, and voila', I bought Malco Epic CR2 products on Amazon; the spray bottle of the ceramic coating product cost about twenty bucks and will last a long time.

info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9gbMndHbM8

I use their proprietary car wash, then spray on and wipe off the ceramic coating product with a micro fiber towel: very fast, very easy, and good grief it looks great, much better than wax.

I put it on all our vehicles (3 cars, one 4x4 p/u) and really like the results.

Those of you OK with DIY should consider this or maybe a similar product instead of wax or instead of paying a shop a lot of money: they really are ripping people off, given the low cost of the product and the ease of application.
August 1st, 2021 at 7:38:24 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: AZDuffman
Car sizes are weird. "Compact" was once small but is now sort of mid-size. The Ford Falcon was a compact. What happened was then sub-compacts came out and people confused the terms as large cars fell to what was once mid-size.

I think that in the future car manufacturers are only going to sell two sizes of sedans. New sedans sales are dropping every year, and nobody seems to want the old subcompact or full size.

The ATPs are jumping around from month to month for some brands. I think the chip shortage and dealer markups have radically affected some brand prices. If you have a limited supply of chips, then you are not going to waste them on the less expensive models. But inexplicably Volvo and Damiler have bone down in price.

Tesla's ATP is only $7508 higher than the industry average (including Asian brands).

June 2021 Average Transaction Price of US and European Makes. Industry Average is lower because it includes Asian brands
$42,258 Industry Average
$47,772 Tesla Motors
$48,700 General Motors (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
$49,059 Volvo North America
$49,762 Stellantis (Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat,Jeep, Ram)
$50,412 Ford Motor Company (Ford, Lincoln)
$53,188 Volkswagen Group (Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche)
$58,838 BMW Group
$63,194 Daimler

May 2021 Average Transaction Price of US and European Makes. Industry Average is lower because it includes Asian brands
$41,263 Industry Average
$45,802 Ford Motor Company (Ford, Lincoln)
$46,356 Volkswagen Group (Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche)
$48,093 Stellantis (Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Ram)
$48,544 General Motors (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
$52,148 Volvo North America
$52,560 Tesla Motors
$58,062 BMW Group
$65,396 Daimler
August 1st, 2021 at 8:50:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee

Those of you OK with DIY should consider this or maybe a similar product instead of wax or instead of paying a shop a lot of money: they really are ripping people off, given the low cost of the product and the ease of application.

Awhile back I was perusing several “tips and tricks” of detailers videos. But truthfully I don’t like doing detailing on anything bigger than a motorcycle. I only did it myself on my last vehicle before selling it.

There’s a couple mechanic types who test all similar product claims on YouTube. That’s how I ended up getting the right product to repair scratches before I sold that. I even fixed one area that I thought was going to need sanding and painting.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »