Which side believes more in "fear" politics.

Page 2 of 3<123>
August 8th, 2021 at 8:01:09 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Trump was unprecedented in many ways. What would you expect? Watch what happens if the left gets a similar candidate into such a position. The response from the right will also be extreme. You heard it here first.

You mean a position like a communist in the vice-presidency with a president who's elevator doesn't go to the top floor?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 8th, 2021 at 8:46:29 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Lol
Some on the right are absolutely livid and angry about Trump coverage
?????????
Do Trumpers watch a ton of CNN and MSNBC
Why else are they so livid?
I have no doubt OANN has declared Trump the greatest President ever.
Yawn. I could care less.
I cant complain like Kenarman because I watch zero Fox or OANN
Isn't OANN declaring Trump the greatest ever
That ain't good enough for you Ken?

I don't watch US news channels and very little Canadian news and few TV shows. I read newspapers both left and right leaning on-line and dig deeper into any story that interests me. More often than not I end up down the rabbit hole. I follow on going important current events. First look in the morning right now is the BC Wildfire Site since we currently have many dangerous wildfires some reasonably close to me. One had our summer cabin at the lake on evacuation order for a couple of weeks. I also look at world wide Covid stats everyday to see what is really going on in real time.

You are in a reasonably safe spot right now, 30th on the list of states for cases/capita and not a lot of cases right now. Taiwan seems to have things slowed down now if you haven't been watching 15,782 total cases and only 7 yesterday.

Just to keep you up to date RealClears average of polls has Biden at 50.2% approval. Hardly overwhelming support
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 8th, 2021 at 9:58:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
I don't watch US news channels and very little Canadian news and few TV shows. I read newspapers both left and right leaning on-line and dig deeper into any story that interests me. More often than not I end up down the rabbit hole. I follow on going important current events. First look in the morning right now is the BC Wildfire Site since we currently have many dangerous wildfires some reasonably close to me. One had our summer cabin at the lake on evacuation order for a couple of weeks. I also look at world wide Covid stats everyday to see what is really going on in real time.

You are in a reasonably safe spot right now, 30th on the list of states for cases/capita and not a lot of cases right now. Taiwan seems to have things slowed down now if you haven't been watching 15,782 total cases and only 7 yesterday.

Just to keep you up to date RealClears average of polls has Biden at 50.2% approval. Hardly overwhelming support

Remeber that time Trump had an approval rating in the 50s? Neither do I (he never breached 49 on his absolute best record).

Trump was having a good week if he was out of the 30s..... So no need to skew the data, at least Biden has a consistent majority of support (and also a majority of popular votes in the election).

And, it's not a partisan thing, just reality, the highest approval rating in history was Bush on the week after 9/11 (only President ever to make the 90s)....
August 9th, 2021 at 2:47:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Remeber that time Trump had an approval rating in the 50s? Neither do I (he never breached 49 on his absolute best record).

Remember when the media gave Biden 90% negative coverage for months on end? Yeah, I do not remember that either.

If you think Biden has anything resembling a majority of support you are fooling yourself.

In other news, are you ready to pay your per-mile tax on your car? How is that "no tax increase for people making less than $400K" working out?
The President is a fink.
August 9th, 2021 at 5:19:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Remember when the media gave Biden 90% negative coverage for months on end? Yeah, I do not remember that either.

If you think Biden has anything resembling a majority of support you are fooling yourself.

In other news, are you ready to pay your per-mile tax on your car? How is that "no tax increase for people making less than $400K" working out?

Used instead of a gas tax it picks up lost revenue from electric vehicles as well as gas vehicles. But it depends on how it’s implemented.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 9th, 2021 at 5:37:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Used instead of a gas tax it picks up lost revenue from electric vehicles as well as gas vehicles. But it depends on how it’s implemented.

And you honestly think they will repeal the gas tax if they get this one?
The President is a fink.
August 9th, 2021 at 6:23:13 AM permalink
rxwine
And you honestly think they will repeal the gas tax if they get this one?

I don’t even know if it will be implemented.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 9th, 2021 at 8:31:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I don’t even know if it will be implemented.

Whether it is or is not the point is they bragged that you would not be paying more in taxes unless you made $400K then not even six months in are planning to raise your taxes.
The President is a fink.
August 9th, 2021 at 8:46:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Whether it is or is not the point is they bragged that you would not be paying more in taxes unless you made $400K then not even six months in are planning to raise your taxes.

You can worry about it, I'm not.
August 9th, 2021 at 8:46:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You can worry about it, I'm not.

You voted for this crew, I didn't.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 3<123>