Biden's Biggest Blunder

November 11th, 2021 at 5:26:13 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Well at least the US will be safe with Biden as president because no one will be able to scare the s**t out of him. Nothing left to come out.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 11th, 2021 at 5:49:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter

He used the word negro 3 times cuz that's how he thinks of African Americans. Using the word negro these days is just as bad as using the other n word. You just don't do it. Can you imagine in your wildest dreams if Donald Trump had said this? They would be drawing up impeachment papers on the floor of the house right this minute. All that's happening to Poopypants is fact-checkers are coming out saying he never said it. When it's right there on YouTube.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 11th, 2021 at 6:09:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Lots of made up names; got it.

Keep the comedy coming, guys...
November 11th, 2021 at 8:58:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
Lots of made up names; got it.

I cannot believe you're even mentioning this because of all the names the Liberals called Trump on this forum. Four solid years of derogatory names. I use the name Poopypants and you're offended? You never said a word when Trump was called every name in the book. That's right, in a liberals world turnabout is not fair play.
I know I know, you aren't a liberal, you just endorse every liberal talking point.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 11th, 2021 at 10:27:08 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I too would call Joe "poopypants" if there were in fact a shred of poop, I mean proof, to the rumor.

But I've seen none; not even a skidmark.

When I called Trump "the orange oaf" the claim was based in reality.

Keep it real, EB, keep it real.
November 11th, 2021 at 10:55:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
I too would call Joe "poopypants" if there were in fact a shred of poop, I mean proof, to the rumor.

You supported the pee tape and Russia Russia Russia 100% that wasn't even a rumor it was total made-up crap. At least the Poopypants story makes sense because Poopypants has been caught red handed letting off five-second oily stinky farts in front of a member of the Royal Family. Poopypants is on video farting when he's talking to Governor Tom Wolf. It makes perfect sense he would crap his drawers in front of the Pope. He obviously has no control over his bodily functions. It's a rumor that's here to stay and it's got long legs.
November 12th, 2021 at 12:42:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
This thread is ‘Biden’s biggest blunder’. I thought it was the WAY he got us out of Afghanistan, not an alleged skid mark. Trying to interact with adults here. Adults don’t refer to a President as an orange oaf or poopypants. At least not if even trying to have a civil discourse.

Answering Mission about the minimum wage…. It’s a de facto done deal here in Western NY. FF restaurants have $15.50 on their window begging for applicants. Local supermarkets starting at $17. If the supermarket now has to pay $17, you don’t think soup and toilet paper aren’t going up in price?

Bidenflation. (or Deminflation)
November 12th, 2021 at 1:50:29 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
This thread is ‘Biden’s biggest blunder’. I thought it was the WAY he got us out of Afghanistan, not an alleged skid mark. Trying to interact with adults here. Adults don’t refer to a President as an orange oaf or poopypants. At least not if even trying to have a civil discourse.

Answering Mission about the minimum wage…. It’s a de facto done deal here in Western NY. FF restaurants have $15.50 on their window begging for applicants. Local supermarkets starting at $17. If the supermarket now has to pay $17, you don’t think soup and toilet paper aren’t going up in price?

Bidenflation. (or Deminflation)

Absolutely, but the thing about your more Liberal states is going to be...probably three minutes after Federal MW got increased to $15/hour..."Oh, what is this? Don't you guys remember when we treated our workers the right way? Our minimum wage was $8/hour (or whatever) over the Federal Minimum Wage."

It's not just that way with wages, though, it's that way with everything.

The key concept is this: Companies want to maintain the margins.

So, even getting away from MW---you want Medicare for all, more Federal Funding for education and more Federal Funding for Social Safety Nets...that's fine, but start with the money has to come from somewhere. Okay, so where does the money come from? Simply put, there are a few basic options:

1.) Tax individuals more.

2.) Tax corporations more.

3.) Divert the funds from other programs.

4.) Increase the debt limit some more. (Most palatable to general public)

Okay, so I think we can immediately understand why #3 isn't going to fly with anyone, especially not Progressives. God forbid that you ask them to actually choose a social safety net or some policy position at the risk of a different one.

Option #1 isn't going to be popular unless you're taxing only the extremely wealthy. The numbers are the numbers. I really don't know how much you can ask them to do.

That leaves the worst of these Options, which is Option #2. Why is it the worst? It's the worst because they are going to protect the margins somehow which would include accounting for what they are losing on the back end.

Other than the Federal Government giving 800B dollars to basically anyone with a pulse over the last year-and-a-half...and that's before we even get into the expanded Unemployment Benefits...we also had a situation (Covid) that created both pent-up demand and a move away from service/entertainment based to an economy that is more driven by a want for goods than in previous years.

The transportation of the goods results in a need for fuel, and that doesn't even take into account consumer fuel demand. Okay, so you have distribution companies, right? What does a distributor charge? Well, they don't tend to have flat fees in perpetuity, but generally want to see anywhere from 5-40% markup as a margin. Of course, the base provider of the goods (manufacturer) also wants to sell those goods at a similar (or greater) markup...and they rely on transportation to get the raw materials to wherever they are being manufactured. Given short-term uncertainty as to how quickly fuel prices might rise, distributors are going to err on the higher side of their margin range, also.

So, you have transportation costs as a function of supply and demand on their own going up as well as an increased demand for certain goods. What those costs are going to do is compound like credit card interest at each phase of turning raw materials into an end product that gets into the hands of the final consumers...see, so you're adding percentages every time. You're adding percentages that are based on a greater percentage because of the percentages that had to be added on at an earlier stage.

So...what's the final seller going to do? Is the final seller just going to let their own margin be sliced down to almost nothing? Of course not. They're just going to charge more for the product.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what we are talking about on the Progressive agenda---the cost gets passed down to the end user of the products.

And, that's if the final seller acquires the product at a greater cost due to relatively organic factors. Let's introduce inorganic factors, such as taxation...they're taxed more heavily. Now, do you think companies are going to increase prices conservatively to maintain the margins, or do you think they're going to overcompensate?

The best part for them is that it even gives them a convenient excuse, "Well, look how much we had to pay in taxes compared to two years ago? Of course we had to increase our prices---what choice did we have?" That's a lot more tangible to the average person than discussing the minutiae of compounding cost increases as a result of the supply chain.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 12th, 2021 at 6:47:20 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: SOOPOO

Is House Plant OK to use?
Asking for a friend :-)
Did you pick up any GLD, response on Stock Picks thread please.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 12th, 2021 at 7:11:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: JCW09
Is House Plant OK to use?
Asking for a friend :-)
Did you pick up any GLD, response on Stock Picks thread please.

I don’t think calling Biden a house plant adds value to the discussion. Saying a house plant could have beaten Trump is a fair comment. I haven’t bought any stocks to hold in a while.

Since you are asking…. The thread about when ‘Brandon’ will leave also is also childish. If you want reasoned discussion starting it with the sophomoric false name of Brandon is a hindrance. I was going to answer in the thread but didn’t want to because of the Brandon use.