Biden's Biggest Blunder

November 13th, 2021 at 4:06:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: missedhervee
In hindsight, it was incredibly stupid for Biden to hand out thousands of dollars of cash to people after covid started; most didn't need it.

Also an eviction moratorium makes no sense either.

The trouble is, means testing so many in a rapid enough time is a mountain too high Even looking at someone's income, doesn't tell you what their current circumstances could be. Did they just lose their job, start taking care of an invalid with extra expenses, did their house burn down, destroyed by flood.

I can't say when they should have cut it off. Sooner, I don't know.

That's a lot of information to consider, much less all the personnel needed to process it efficiently.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 13th, 2021 at 4:30:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

It is a myth that Biden crapped his pants in Europe: why then must his detractors lie?

Actually it's an unverified rumor. Is a total myth that the Russia Russia Russia dossier had anything true in it. Yet it was talked about on the news non-stop for almost 4 years. And you're complaining about a little poop in the pants?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2021 at 4:33:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
The childish names are just childish.

All the names are childish, you can't just cherry pick the ones that you like and say they're not. Calling Beijing Joe Captain Poopypants is wonderfully childish. How do you like it now that the orange man is gone.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2021 at 4:38:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
All the names are childish, you can't just cherry pick the ones that you like and say they're not. Calling Beijing Joe Captain Poopypants is wonderfully childish. How do you like it now that the orange man is gone.

I, for one, am all for the righties calling Biden anything they want.

Dems don’t have the cult-like devotion to Biden that you guys had for Donny. Calling him names doesn’t hit the same nerve that our names for Donny clearly hit for you guys.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 13th, 2021 at 5:23:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob

Baby talk makes YOU sound like you're 6 years old if that's what you're aiming for.

Here you go.

https://lingojam.com/EngwifConverter
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 13th, 2021 at 5:24:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I, for one, am all for the righties calling Biden anything they want.

Dems don’t have the cult-like devotion to Biden that you guys had for Donny. Calling him names doesn’t hit the same nerve that our names for Donny clearly hit for you guys.

I agree
I want to see big huge signs professing their hatred for poopy pants
Please go for it.
Make something as large as the huge Trump baby blimp
Poopy Pants blimp
There is a difference between clever funny satire and playground insults.
EB doesnt get that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2021 at 5:52:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
In hindsight, it was incredibly stupid for Biden to hand out thousands of dollars of cash to people after covid started; most didn't need it.

Also an eviction moratorium makes no sense either.

I think the POTUS you are looking for is Trump, though both ultimately did it at some point.

Giving people free money is always going to be a popular decision with the public, but almost never a good one. I can understand why Trump would sign that into law, though.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 14th, 2021 at 6:51:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine

The right consistently is brain dead on long term planning, except personal finances. Especially conservatives.

Wrong. If Congress believes there needs to be 50 billion spent on interstate roads, write up a bill, debate it, and it likely passes both houses. If they think 20 billion is needed for new airport runways, same. If they think 10 billion is needed to overhaul overpasses so that ‘Black and Brown’ children can be bused to specific beaches easier, well debate that as well. But DON’T put them all together. There is no need for a giant monstrosity which is the ‘infrastructure’ bill or the BBB bill the Dems will try and ram through via reconciliation. When I’m doing my family budget I don’t vote yes or no on 40 things at the same time. I look at each item and think about it individually. There have to be some things in the BBB agenda that would pass. But that’s not how the left sees things. They KNOW that everything that they want MUST be included. So they will likely get NONE OF IT.
November 14th, 2021 at 7:32:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Wrong. If Congress believes there needs to be 50 billion spent on interstate roads, write up a bill, debate it, and it likely passes both houses. If they think 20 billion is needed for new airport runways, same. If they think 10 billion is needed to overhaul overpasses so that ‘Black and Brown’ children can be bused to specific beaches easier, well debate that as well. But DON’T put them all together. There is no need for a giant monstrosity which is the ‘infrastructure’ bill or the BBB bill the Dems will try and ram through via reconciliation. When I’m doing my family budget I don’t vote yes or no on 40 things at the same time. I look at each item and think about it individually. There have to be some things in the BBB agenda that would pass. But that’s not how the left sees things. They KNOW that everything that they want MUST be included. So they will likely get NONE OF IT.

What do you think they've been doing?? They've been pulling things out and putting things back in.

There's no particular reason to pass each thing one at a time. Most of these things are not new.

I've watched the Republicans do things they way they wanted to do them regardless of Democratic objections. Do you think the Republican lawmakers are consulting Democrats when they hold majorities? Almost never. Once in awhile there's something they both agree on, they get widespread approval.
November 14th, 2021 at 8:00:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

There's no particular reason to pass each thing one at a time. Most of these things are not new.

Sure there is. It is called governing. You look at what you need for a year and debate it, look for room in the budget. You do not ram 10 years of pork projects at one time. But the Democrats ended this idea in the early 70s.
The President is a fink.