Biden's Biggest Blunder

August 16th, 2021 at 12:32:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Travel ban, what travel ban? Donny is now pro-refugee.

Some of my right wing friends dont want our country helping refugees
I see memes from them claiming we can't help refugees till all Vets are totally taken care of
Its kind of a sad view
I want to help Vets but we are a big enough country to help Vets and refugees
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 16th, 2021 at 1:01:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: ams288
Travel ban, what travel ban? Donny is now pro-refugee.

Everyone knows Trump really cares about seeing desperate refugees get into the USA. Just like always.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 16th, 2021 at 2:38:31 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Everyone knows Trump really cares about seeing desperate refugees get into the USA. Just like always.

Que the Republicans now really caring about refugees
Lauren Boebert in the House is furious
Yet
She voted against the refugees getting visas just last month
The Republican hypocrisy is stunning
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 16th, 2021 at 3:17:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

The Republican hypocrisy is stunning

I don't find any political hypocrisy stunning. Just the opposite, any sensical political talk is stunning.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 16th, 2021 at 3:19:27 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Oh, please! Have you not seen how the left screams bloody murder any time it looks like anything to do with Islam is portrayed in a negative way? They even fought the travel ban from rouge nations. Even showing a muslim in a negative way on TV brings screams of protest.

Sadly there are some in both parties that treat Islam that way. I will not concede that it is just the left. Plenty on the right (especially the "you can't judge any religion" types do the same). I also include all Islamists as right wing (because they are).

Many people openly protect Islam, and I have zero doubt some (maybe most) of this is just to protect their own skin (their jobs or their lives or both), I suspect less actually believe it.

Everyone know where the problem is. The U.S. has not been ordering thousands of drone strikes a year against the Amish..... Its pretty clear who the threat is, its just a matter of verbalizing it in a way that does not offend people. Just like on a more local level, in some cities, everyone knows where the crime is, you just can't verbalize it (for example some States are now banning the publishing or release of mugshots or certain demographical crime stats because they don't want to cause a public dialogue that may offend people or "contribute to bias").
August 16th, 2021 at 4:11:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I also include all Islamists as right wing (because they are).

Where on earth do you get that idea? Islam is about no freedoms and the government being all-powerful.

If anything, it most represents global warming believers. Cannot question the belief and must conform government to it.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2021 at 4:12:24 PM permalink
terapined

Many people openly protect Islam, and I have zero doubt some (maybe most) of this is just to protect their own skin (their jobs or their lives or both), I suspect less actually believe it.

I openly protect Islam
We got over 3 million Muslims in this country
They deserve protection
Having a diverse country practicing all the religions is a good thing
A lot of Trumpers truly believe we had a Muslim President
Our country did fine being led by a Muslim
August 16th, 2021 at 4:25:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
Where on earth do you get that idea? Islam is about no freedoms and the government being all-powerful.

If anything, it most represents global warming believers. Cannot question the belief and must conform government to it.

They are extreme social conservatives (outlawing everything from gambling to drinking to homosexuality).
However, low taxes and free trade (mostly).
That's very simplified, but its a fair summary.

It's very fair to call them right-wing. Many religious Republicans would probably be the same if they could get away with it....
August 16th, 2021 at 4:31:52 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
I openly protect Islam
We got over 3 million Muslims in this country
They deserve protection
Having a diverse country practicing all the religions is a good thing
A lot of Trumpers truly believe we had a Muslim President
Our country did fine being led by a Muslim

Protecting Muslims is different than protecting Islam. Muslims are often the main victim of Islam. Also Islamism is different than both (its a political ideology).

American Muslims are not a problem, compared to Asia, and even Europe they are very socially progressive.

I am all for freedom of religion (which only a secular country such as the U.S.) can provide. But, I also support free speech (which is the same amendment), and I have a right to mock religious extremists whether than be the American Evangelics or Islamists.

There are some really nice scientologists. But, they belong to and support and organization that empirically causes harm to the world.
August 16th, 2021 at 4:34:21 PM permalink
terapined
They are extreme social conservatives (outlawing everything from gambling to drinking to homosexuality).
However, low taxes and free trade (mostly).
That's very simplified, but its a fair summary.

It's very fair to call them right-wing. Many religious Republicans would probably be the same if they could get away with it....

WTF
We have Muslims in Congress
They are not right wing
They are as diverse as say Jews