No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

No members have voted yet

August 12th, 2021 at 4:02:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Samsung is pushing folding phones, though at this point should we call it a tablet that you can make calls on?

Two different ways to fold, which would you choose assuming same screen size?

The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2021 at 5:56:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Looks like it might be the same size either way. The reason to fold it (for me) so you can easily put it in your pocket. Also, one other thing is the screen folds in on itself which gives that some protection if you drop it.

I really like my Ipad mini 5, but unfortunately it doesn't get smaller.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2021 at 1:49:32 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
When I read this thread title, I immediately thought of the 80s/90s novelty item.

I am not sold on the concept of foldable LCD displays, but I have never seen one in person.
August 12th, 2021 at 1:58:43 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I thought the shoe phone from "Get Smart" was cool.

Seeing Dick Tracy in the comics use his watch to make calls seemed just so futuristic ... who knew?
August 12th, 2021 at 2:47:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I am honestly not huge on either of these. It seems like there is just more that can break. Between those two, I would choose the hamburger fold, because its a standard size phone.

I don't think the screen size is the same, the hotdog looks like it would be almost double (unless the image is tricky with sizing), but I am not somebody who needs a bigger screensize, whatever size my phone is (I have always bought the Samsung S line since I have had smartphones), has always been perfect to me.

I could be wrong, but whenever phones seem to add a bunch of extra features it just seems like they break easier, and I just do not see the need to fold a phone.

When I work I carry at least two phones (Samsung S10 and Apple S11, which are both pretty average sized phones I think anyway), and even then I have never had an issue (and they are in my pockets, not in a belt clip or anything crazy), and even if I have to carry a third (rare) its not bad.