Meal Kits

Page 2 of 3<123>
August 13th, 2021 at 3:18:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
There are also food generators. Enter what you actually have on hand and they give you some recipes for whatever you may have.

https://hip2save.com/tips/best-recipe-generators/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 13th, 2021 at 3:40:06 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
There are also food generators. Enter what you actually have on hand and they give you some recipes for whatever you may have.

https://hip2save.com/tips/best-recipe-generators/

It didn't work so well for me. The wife is starting to clean out the pantry so we can sell the house:

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 13th, 2021 at 3:45:04 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
To those too young and unskilled, or just too lazy to cook properly, I submit for your consideration the two things I mainly lived on before I got married:

and

August 13th, 2021 at 3:47:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I never had the beef stew but I have always eaten corned beef hash.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 13th, 2021 at 4:26:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
It didn't work so well for me. The wife is starting to clean out the pantry so we can sell the house:

Probably not, if your remaining food items resemble leftovers from a ransacked abandoned refugee camp.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 13th, 2021 at 4:29:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: gamerfreak
The grocery store is definitely cheaper. But especially as a single person or even 2 people, it takes a lot of planning to cook and not have any waste.

No it doesn't. I cook every single day and
zero waste. None. Nada. When I get a bunch of
veggies that are left i make a stir fry of all of
them with some chicken. Cook's who say they
have a lot of waste are usually rank amateurs. It's
why god invented fridges and freezers. There are
countless ways in cooking never to have any waste
at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2021 at 4:37:10 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
No it doesn't. I cook every single day and
zero waste. None. Nada. When I get a bunch of
veggies that are left i make a stir fry of all of
them with some chicken. Cook's who say they
have a lot of waste are usually rank amateurs. It's
why god invented fridges and freezers. There are
countless ways in cooking never to have any waste
at all.

Exactly, you have to do a ton of planning and coming up with creative recipes to do that. Easy when you are retired. That’s why the meal kits are paying for convenience.
August 13th, 2021 at 4:44:50 PM permalink
rxwine
If you have enough assets to eat at a fine dining facility 5 days a week, I'd skip going out an hire a chef.

Google says
The average cost to hire a personal chef is between $30 to $40 per hour
August 13th, 2021 at 6:05:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: gamerfreak
Exactly, you have to do a ton of planning and coming up with creative recipes to do that. Easy when you are retired. .

I didn't start cooking when I retired I started when I was 8 years old. I've cooked my entire adult life and most of my teen years. The problem is people who think they're cooks are not cooks at all. They think spreading a ripe avocado on a piece of toast is cooking. Or making a bowl of Top Ramen and a peanut butter sandwich for dinner is cooking. Or making a grilled cheese sandwich and heating a Cup O Soup in the microwave is cooking. It's not. Far fewer people are cooking in the US than ever before and far more people are obese because of it. How many how many places now deliver food from almost any restaurant to your door. There's got to be at least a dozen or more. Uber Eats, Door Dash, GrubHub, instacart, chownow, Seamless, how many of these companies were even around 5 years ago. Nobody's cooking everybody is sitting at home getting obese on sugar and fat laden restaurant food.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2021 at 8:22:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
For instance, last night I made stir fry out of catfish nuggets, onion, tomato, mushrooms, and frozen cauliflower and broccoli. Frozen always works better than fresh for stir fry. Lots of spices like garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, white pepper, basil, oregano. Tonight I didn't have enough left over for a meal so I made seaweed wraps out of it. With sliced tomato and avocado on the side. I used it cold because the flavors of the spices are so intense when it's been sitting overnight. It was stir fry catfish sushi. No leftovers no waste.
Page 2 of 3<123>