Unbalanced diet

August 14th, 2021 at 6:00:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Other than changing things to eat more healthy food and less unhealthy food, I forgot to pay attention to whether the food I was eating was covering all the nutrient bases.

I ended up with a vitamin D deficiency, and low iron. I already knew I had a hereditary low B deficiency so was on a prescribed high dose. Sister has the same thing with B.

So you can't just take D and get back to normal in days. At least not where I am. It takes months. Iron is not as bad, but will still take weeks.

So, now I'm going to review my foods and make sure I'm covering all the bases. I know vegans can get in trouble with nutrition and sometimes need supplements. I'm not a vegan though or even a vegetarian. I just missed some adequate intake of some necessary foods.

Went through most of life without paying attention to the "balance" part. But I guess it caught up with me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 14th, 2021 at 6:32:16 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I've been taking more than Min Daily D for a couple of years now. Really helps in how fast you heal from things like joint pain, even back pain... + injuries in general
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 14th, 2021 at 6:38:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
I've been taking more than Min Daily D for a couple of years now. Really helps in how fast you heal from things like joint pain, even back pain... + injuries in general

Yeah, I guess my point is don't neglect an area. Until the lab tests, I didn't even know what was going on. Didn't know what kind of weird disease I might be coming down with. Or was I just falling apart. (may still be anyway)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?