We made it: to hell with the rest of the world

Page 2 of 5<12345>
August 23rd, 2021 at 1:32:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The article may have misused the word "profit" because it means exactly what I implied. But we don't know that they did. So I'm going with what it says Pfizer reported.

Quote:
financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 23rd, 2021 at 2:09:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Your claim is just as meaningless. I see you stating something with no evidence.

If you are talking about this part it is common knowledge. "Vaccines are one of the poorest revenue source there is for a drug company if they are effective and 1 shot. They like drugs that you need to take daily for the rest of your life, a guaranteed revenue source."

Do a little research you will find lots of articles on it. The same principle applies to research into really rare drugs, not enough customers to be profitable or you need to charge the super high fees we read about, $100K+ per dose. Every successful drug that gets through all the trials, proves effective and gets to market costs billions. Only 1 in 5 drugs make it to market.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 23rd, 2021 at 2:13:46 PM permalink
kenarman
The article may have misused the word "profit" because it means exactly what I implied. But we don't know that they did. So I'm going with what it says Pfizer reported.

The article you quoted has Pfizer using the term revenue which is not profit. That was why I responded. The US car manufacturers were able to have revenue of billions of dollars and often lose money, same for the airlines.
August 23rd, 2021 at 2:27:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
The article you quoted has Pfizer using the term revenue which is not profit. That was why I responded. The US car manufacturers were able to have revenue of billions of dollars and often lose money, same for the airlines.

It also has Pfizer using profit.

Quote:
Pfizer’s total first-quarter revenues of $14.6bn were up 45% on the same period last year, and the company has emphasized that, even excluding profits made from its Covid-19 vaccine, it has seen 8% growth across the group.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 23rd, 2021 at 2:30:25 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
Perhaps, but that would be due to Trump's opposition to the vaccine.
so "Operation Warp Speed" was what?

You're watching too much msnbc, cnn, etc, who convinced a lot of people Trump mishandled the crisis, just by saying so. The next thing you know, sir, you get things backwards.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 23rd, 2021 at 2:32:57 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit

It was exactly what ANY president running for re-election would do.

Stop pretending it was some genius master play by Donny. He got vaccinated in secret in January. He gets no credit.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 23rd, 2021 at 3:37:06 PM permalink
kenarman

Quote:
Pfizer’s total first-quarter revenues of $14.6bn were up 45% on the same period last year, and the company has emphasized that, even excluding profits made from its Covid-19 vaccine, it has seen 8% growth across the group.

That doesn't give the size of the profit made on Covid vaccine. You have no idea if it was extraordinary or not.
August 23rd, 2021 at 4:25:12 PM permalink
rxwine

Quote:

That doesn't give the size of the profit made on Covid vaccine. You have no idea if it was extraordinary or not.

Yeah, but they don't sound too unhappy either. I have yet to hear a reported grumble from the company about losing money.

In fact that's the first thing you probably would have heard with any announcement to put their vaccine in the public domain. "Hey, we've been losing money on this!"
August 23rd, 2021 at 5:40:34 PM permalink
kenarman

Quote:

Yeah, but they don't sound too unhappy either. I have yet to hear a reported grumble from the company about losing money.

In fact that's the first thing you probably would have heard with any announcement to put their vaccine in the public domain. "Hey, we've been losing money on this!"

I am sure they are making money that is the reason a private company exists. Actually I know how much money they are making, you could know too if you did a little research.
August 23rd, 2021 at 7:06:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

You're watching too much msnbc, cnn, etc, who convinced a lot of people Trump mishandled the crisis, just by saying so. The next thing you know, sir, you get things backwards.

I don't watch MSNBC or CNN
Trump mishandled the crisis
He had a chance at greatness
Unite the country against the common enemy, the virus
Instead he made it political killing more Americans
Thats why he lost
He blew it. An incumbent against ancient Biden
If anybody is to blame, its Trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 2 of 5<12345>