We made it: to hell with the rest of the world

Page 3 of 5<12345>
August 24th, 2021 at 11:45:32 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Trump was all about "America First." So, did you vote for him?

Of course not.

I voted for Jo.

Jo Jorgensen, the Libertarian candidate.
August 25th, 2021 at 3:23:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
I don't watch MSNBC or CNN
Trump mishandled the crisis
I have my problems with Trump, would have voted for the other guy if the Dims had put up somebody worth voting for [with an acceptable running mate]. But I've never understood what it was Trump was supposed to do, that he didn't, when it came to the virus. OK, he could have worn a mask more, that would have been helpful. But it was not true that he was anti-mask except when Fauci was also anti-mask. Watching msnbc/cnn you'd be told the opposite, so if you're not watching you're still absorbing that stuff somehow. BTW Trump was booed at his rally the other day when he advocated getting vaccinated.
Quote:
He had a chance at greatness
Unite the country against the common enemy, the virus
Instead he made it political killing more Americans
Thats why he lost
He did? where are you getting this if not the MSM?
Quote:
He blew it. An incumbent against ancient Biden
If anybody is to blame, its Trump
I don't know about being to blame but he could have run a better campaign.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 25th, 2021 at 4:09:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
BTW Trump was booed at his rally the other day when he advocated getting vaccinated.

Proving even Trump does not fully understand why he got elected. People who support him are tired of government telling them how to live. If they want the vax they will get it.

Trump handled the china virus as good as could be done. Those saying he "mishandled" it are low information types repeating what PMSNBC told them. Ask what Trump should have done they just say MASKSMASKSMASKSMASKSMASKS!
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2021 at 5:07:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Trump handled the china virus as good as could be done. Those saying he "mishandled" it are low information types repeating what PMSNBC told them. Ask what Trump should have done they just say MASKSMASKSMASKSMASKSMASKS!

Masks would have been a good start.

Donny made fun of Biden for always wearing a mask at the first debate. A few days later Donny was in the hospital with Covid and he nearly died.

The greatest instance of shadenfreude of our time.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 25th, 2021 at 6:04:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

He did? where are you getting this if not the MSM?

What an incredibly stupid statement.
I have a brain.
I have eyes
This conclusion has nothing to do with MSM
Who on MSM has said Trump had a chance at greatness
Nobody I am aware of.
This is my own conclusion
He could have whipped up patriotic fervor against the virus.
Instead he went political
Thats why he lost
He treated the virus as a political crisis instead of a NATIONAL health crisis.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 25th, 2021 at 7:17:40 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
What an incredibly stupid statement.
I have a brain.
I have eyes
This conclusion has nothing to do with MSM
Who on MSM has said Trump had a chance at greatness
Nobody I am aware of.
This is my own conclusion
He could have whipped up patriotic fervor against the virus.
Instead he went political
Thats why he lost
He treated the virus as a political crisis instead of a NATIONAL health crisis.

You are still under the ASSumption that humans have the capability to eliminate Covid. Anybody with a brain and eyes could see we don't have that capability to stop the virus. Covid is going to kill significant numbers of humans. We can lock down and spread that number over several more years and destroy our societies or we can stay open and accept the cost of doing that. In the end we will end up with a comparable number of deaths either way.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 25th, 2021 at 7:22:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
You are still under the ASSumption that humans have the capability to eliminate Covid. Anybody with a brain and eyes could see we don't have that capability to stop the virus. Covid is going to kill significant numbers of humans. We can lock down and spread that number over several more years and destroy our societies or we can stay open and accept the cost of doing that. In the end we will end up with a comparable number of deaths either way.

HEAR HEAR!

There was a push during the lockdowns to explain "flattening the curve" showing the number of deaths would be similar but spread out.
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2021 at 7:27:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Covid is going to kill significant numbers of humans. .

No kidding
I just want policies minimizing the number of Dead
Just common sense
No need to lockdown if everybody wore masks and social distances.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 25th, 2021 at 7:42:17 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
No kidding
I just want policies minimizing the number of Dead
Just common sense
No need to lockdown if everybody wore masks and social distances.

I would be glad to look at any hard data studies you can provide that show that masks and social distancing make a significant difference. Are you also proposing that we mask and distance for the next 5 years?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 25th, 2021 at 7:51:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

It's not that we can't knock out infectious disease to nearly nothing. That's like saying laws of physics only work in Hoboken but don't work the same in the rest of the world.

But too many people are either ignorant, lazy, or can't tell the difference between public health and a communist plot.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 5<12345>