We made it: to hell with the rest of the world

Page 4 of 5<12345>
August 25th, 2021 at 8:12:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
It's not that we can't knock out infectious disease to nearly nothing.

In any case where we did it took DECADES. People think the china virus can be gotten rid of just if everyone would wear a mask. It does not work that way. And that we keep seeing liberal pols calling for masks yet taking theirs off when the cameras go off just shows that they are mostly useless.

Quote:
But too many people are either ignorant, lazy, or can't tell the difference between public health and a communist plot.

The calls to wear masks follow the same pattern of justifications for communist rules. "For the common good," etc. Also claiming the majority support wearing masks yet as soon as they are not required the majority chooses not to wear them.
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2021 at 9:25:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
What an incredibly stupid statement.
I have a brain.
I have eyes
This conclusion has nothing to do with MSM
Who on MSM has said Trump had a chance at greatness
Nobody I am aware of.
This is my own conclusion
He could have whipped up patriotic fervor against the virus.
Instead he went political
Thats why he lost
He treated the virus as a political crisis instead of a NATIONAL health crisis.
Well as usual we aren't seeing any facts to support the claim that Trump mishandled it, just an unsupported assertion. You are certainly not alone in buying into it. As for asserting that Trump was the one that 'went political' , wow, what an incredibly stupid statement. Of course it was the Dims, pouncing on what seemed like a gift from heaven.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 25th, 2021 at 10:42:25 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
No kidding I just want policies minimizing the number of Dead Just common sense No need to lockdown if everybody wore masks and social distances.

AND got vaccinated ...

The trifecta.

Quote: odiousgambit
Well as usual we aren't seeing any facts to support the claim that Trump mishandled it, just an unsupported assertion.

Open your eyes, so that you can see:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/trump-covid-pandemic-dark-winter/
August 25th, 2021 at 10:59:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee

I don’t know if that’s about how when Trump lost the election he pouted and hid out for those last two months right at the rollout of the first vaccine and did nothing to promote it and acted like the loser He really was and not leader he’s supposed to be.

(I don’t have any free access to that site)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2021 at 11:15:16 AM permalink
missedhervee
Whoa, I can't access it now, but it popped up for free when I originally googled the issue.

Lots of other info out there, just google it.

He really banged the pooch on this one.
August 25th, 2021 at 11:22:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Reminded me of another sorry ass response, or lack of response he did during that period. I can't think of a President, particularly in the last 20 years who wouldn't have at least come out and made a simple statement of reassurance on the truck bomb looney that blew up his vehicle in Nashville.

He was too busy feeling sorry for himself, he forgot to pretend to care.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2021 at 12:35:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Reminded me of another sorry ass response, or lack of response he did during that period. I can't think of a President, particularly in the last 20 years who wouldn't have at least come out and made a simple statement of reassurance on the truck bomb looney that blew up his vehicle in Nashville.

He was too busy feeling sorry for himself, he forgot to pretend to care.

Children need reassurance over some random looney. Adults go about their life.
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2021 at 12:46:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Children need reassurance over some random looney. Adults go about their life.

Only a child could actually worry about being requested to wear a simple surgical mask.
August 25th, 2021 at 12:47:22 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
Whoa, I can't access it now, but it popped up for free when I originally googled the issue.

Lots of other info out there, just google it.
Of course there is, it was 'full court press' by his political enemies

I'll help you out on the article,

Quote: WP article
the power of the presidential bully pulpit to persuade all Americans to wear masks
this is about all they've got as I suspected. I acknowledge this part. Kinda lame though.

Quote:
“I think he’s just done with covid,” said one of Trump’s closest advisers who, like many others interviewed for this story, spoke on the condition of anonymity
trademark WP reliance on anonymous sources, don't see how this persuades anyone except the already biased seeking some confirmation

Quote:
a dysfunctional federal response led by a president perpetually in denial.
unsupported assertion again

Quote:
the heart of the problem, experts say, have been Trump’s scrambled and faulty communications.“Words matter a lot"
I remember frequently hearing this very lazy attempt to buttress assertions. Pretty lame.

Quote:
“I’m not clear on what Trump should have done different, but put me in the camp of, well, something, because it has not been a success.”
amusingly lame and lazy piling on with useless assertions, anonymous again

actually the article includes a lot of quite unavoidable praise, quoting those who support him of course

Quote:
the president and his administration deserve credit not only for Operation Warp Speed — the public-private initiative to develop, test and now distribute vaccines — but also for their work early on to address a shortage of ventilators, ease supply-chain delays for personal protective equipment and set guidelines for businesses and other gathering places to reopen ... Trump’s decision in late January to restrict travel from China, where the virus originated. ... “President Trump has led a historic, whole-of-America coronavirus response — resulting in 100,000 ventilators procured, an abundance of critical PPE sourced for our frontline heroes, the largest testing regime in the world, groundbreaking treatments, and a safe and effective vaccine in record time with another to be approved in the coming days
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 25th, 2021 at 1:26:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
One of Donny's myriad problems, and that of the buffoons advising him, was that covid was not in their playbook.

His ascent was well scripted and did not contain much wiggle room for unforseen issues.

Oops.
Page 4 of 5<12345>