We made it: to hell with the rest of the world

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
August 25th, 2021 at 1:52:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Only a child could actually worry about being requested to wear a simple surgical mask.

Only a child would think a simple mask is going to save them.

A grown man sees the masks for the silly that they are.
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2021 at 1:56:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
I would be glad to look at any hard data studies you can provide that show that masks and social distancing make a significant difference.

Sweden
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 25th, 2021 at 2:00:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

Poor Duffman. Always getting child/adult issues twisted in his mind. (See my signature)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 25th, 2021 at 2:28:18 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Sweden

USA 117,286 cases / million

Sweden 110,175 cases / million

Pretty much the same rate not sure what point you were trying to make. Possibly that Sweden didn't shut down much and is still the same as the US.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 25th, 2021 at 2:34:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman

Only children pretend they know better than educated adults in a profession. I'm not making up my opinion on this like you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2021 at 2:43:09 PM permalink
rxwine
What the masks obviously block is larger droplets. You can test this pretty easily. Try to cough or spit on a clean table in front of you with an intact mask.

Let's say it's a small reduction in risks. Less than 5% reduction of risk. Then multiply it by millions of mask wearers.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2021 at 2:49:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
What the masks obviously block is larger droplets. You can test this pretty easily. Try to cough or spit on a clean table in front of you with an intact mask.

Let's say it's a small reduction in risks. Less than 5% reduction of risk. Then multiple it by millions of mask wearers.

Do remember when the medical professionals told how to handle our masks when the practice was started. Don't ever touch your mask, if you do throw the mask away and wash your hands and regardless don't wear the same mask twice or for cloth ones wash it between uses.

Do you think anybody but high risk hospital personnel are following those guide lines. The way most people use masks now they are just a soother for those that are afraid.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 25th, 2021 at 3:00:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Do remember when the medical professionals told how to handle our masks when the practice was started. Don't ever touch your mask, if you do throw the mask away and wash your hands and regardless don't wear the same mask twice or for cloth ones wash it between uses.

Do you think anybody but high risk hospital personnel are following those guide lines. The way most people use masks now they are just a soother for those that are afraid.

Likely you can show the public doesn't even wash their hands as well or as long as they ideally should every time across the entire population. I don't however believe even if that is true we should abandon it altogether. Because that would be even worse.

Some people don't brush their teeth thoroughly enough as I've heard my Dentist point out. (you're missing this area) Is it better that they get some benefit and save some teeth?

Or I guess you can argue that marginally competent BlackJack is still better than clueless playing to your wallet
August 25th, 2021 at 3:23:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Only children pretend they know better than educated adults in a profession. I'm not making up my opinion on this like you.

No, you are being given your opinion by the media.
The President is a fink.
Page 5 of 5« First<2345