1 vote (50%)
1 vote (50%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

2 members have voted

August 24th, 2021 at 12:07:18 PM permalink
Nathan
Threads: 1
I was dating a guy in 2007 and 2008 and we had a disagreement over whether or not a Rapist should have Parental Rights. I said,"No, he shouldn't have Parental Rights because the Baby was conceived from RAPE. He doesn't deserve Parental Rights. My then Boyfriend argued, "But the Baby was conceived from his sperm, so he deserves Parental Rights as he is the Biological Father. " We went back and forth. I still feel to this day a Rapist does not deserve Parental Rights... What do you guys think?
August 24th, 2021 at 12:13:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I think Nathan should not have parental rights.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 24th, 2021 at 12:26:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In such cases, rapists should be in jail or forced to swallow a bowling ball.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 24th, 2021 at 1:02:56 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It depends.

If the woman had an orgasm during the rape then yes, he should have parental rights.

If not, he should only be ordered to pay child support.
August 26th, 2021 at 5:36:55 AM permalink
Nathan
Threads: 1
Quote: missedhervee
It depends.

If the woman had an orgasm during the rape then yes, he should have parental rights.

A Woman being raped most likely wouldn't have had an orgasm. Hmm. I remember a case where a man got raped by a Woman and it was argued it was consentual because he had an erection. People replied,"Just because he got an erection doesn't mean the rape was consentual. Many People have involuntary erections.... People argued that he must have wanted it because a Woman raped him. The reply was,"A few Women do rape Men against their will. It's not nearly as prevalent as Men raping Women, but a Woman forcing a Man to have sex with her against his will does happen.
August 26th, 2021 at 5:50:29 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
(In some States anyway), its the choice of the mother. If the mother wants to carry the baby, she can get an order to terminate parental rights of the rapist, of course this can mean losing money. And, the rape/sex crime that caused the pregnancy has to also be convicted (IE actually the man charged and found guilty).
This can vary by State.

But, I think this is a good system it should 100% be the choice of the mother as far as termination of parental rights after sexual assault or not if she chooses, her choice.

In the less frequent, but occasional scenario where the mother rapes the father to get pregnant, it is trickier.
August 26th, 2021 at 10:15:14 AM permalink
missedhervee
If she reports the rape and moves to terminate the rapists parental rights, that does NOT affect his requirement to pay child support, most especially if the mother is on welfare / receiving state aid, in which event her rights are assigned to and enforced by the state.
August 26th, 2021 at 5:36:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
If she reports the rape and moves to terminate the rapists parental rights, that does NOT affect his requirement to pay child support, most especially if the mother is on welfare / receiving state aid, in which event her rights are assigned to and enforced by the state.

Maybe, maybe not, it depends on the state and circumstances. In some cases if parental rights are terminated you only owe child support before the date of termination.

In any case it is something to consider if you want to keep the pregnancy and raise the child.
August 26th, 2021 at 7:07:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It depends.

Not sure I understand that reasoning. If a priest molests a boy, and the kid has an orgasm, that makes a difference to you?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2021 at 11:10:57 PM permalink
missedhervee
It was a bit of old lawyerly "gallows humor," you know, having fun at someone else's expense.

Seeking the absurdity of it all.
Page 1 of 212>