Unvaccinated mother stripped of parental rights

Page 2 of 3<123>
August 28th, 2021 at 5:33:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: JCW09
To be clear, I am vaccinated and having weighed the pros & cons, it made sense for me to get vaccinated.
But I tend not to want to force my beliefs about what is good for me onto someone else.
Hell, I don't know what is best for your life.
But I sure don't want the government or anyone else telling me how to run my life either.
Gather your data, think for yourself, make a decision and live with the consequences of your choices.
That is at the core of American Freedom. If you don't like it, there are plenty of places to move to that will take you in.

Preaching to the Libertarian choir. That said, you're a great preacher! Hallelujah, brother!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 29th, 2021 at 4:20:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
The Government did massively overreach, especially depending on what state a person is in. The business closures were unnecessary, draconian and likely accomplished very close to nothing. There's no question as to the negative things that the business closures accomplished.

I said it almost from Day 1. Smart people should not be nearly as concerned with the china virus as they should be to the reactions to it. All the people who always said, "It can't happen here, we are America!" have been proven totally wrong. We have 40% or so of the population begging and cheering for a police state just to "make things safe."

In the mini-series "Amerika" they said something to the effect that "It was easy to take you over because you were too afraid of losing the comforts you had." Fiction can be so pophetic.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2021 at 4:41:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Conservative radio host Marc Bernier died of Covid yesterday.

This was his last tweet:

Karma is REALLY coming for these anti-vax radio hosts. They’re dropping like flies.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 29th, 2021 at 4:57:48 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Yeah, as long as the Government itself is not forcing it on people, I really don’t see the purpose for anyone to be loudly anti-vaxx.

I mean, I do— eyes + ears = money, but you know what I mean.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 29th, 2021 at 5:04:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Yeah, as long as the Government itself is not forcing it on people, I really don’t see the purpose for anyone to be loudly anti-vaxx.

I really have not heard anyone saying someone else should not be vaxxed. I hear people saying they are not getting it at the moment.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2021 at 5:32:07 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The 'Right' to resist a mandatory vaccination law, enacted for the protection of public health and safety, was decided by the US Supreme Court in 1905.

"In Jacobson v. Massachusetts, the Supreme Court upheld a Massachusetts law that gave municipal boards of health the authority to require the vaccination of persons over the age of 21 against smallpox, and determined that the vaccination program instituted in the city of Cambridge had “a real and substantial relation to the protection of the public health and safety.”

"In upholding the law, the Court noted that “the police power of a State must be held to embrace, at least, such reasonable regulations established directly by legislative enactment as will protect the public health and the public safety.”10 The Court added that such laws were within the full discretion of the state, and that federal powers with respect to such laws extended only to ensure that the state laws did not “contravene the Constitution of the United States or infringe any right granted or secured by that instrument.”

Trump urges supporters in Alabama to get vaccinated, gets booed at his own rally

August 29th, 2021 at 5:49:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
I really have not heard anyone saying someone else should not be vaxxed. I hear people saying they are not getting it at the moment.

Well, what was the guy in that Twitter talking about the U.S. Government acting like Nazis? Who is the U.S. Government forcing to get the shot?
August 29th, 2021 at 7:02:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Who is the U.S. Government forcing to get the shot?

Hmm, can we start with federal employees, military members, and calls for teachers and kids? The feds are calling for everyone to get it, and the feds "calling" is like when the local mafia guy makes you a first offer for your business.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2021 at 7:07:13 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Hmm, can we start with federal employees, military members, and calls for teachers and kids? The feds are calling for everyone to get it, and the feds "calling" is like when the local mafia guy makes you a first offer for your business.

Calling isn't forcing. If you are an employee of the Federal Government, then they arguably have the right to demand you be vaccinated. That's an employer/employee relationship based on free association, so they're not forcing you to do it. If you don't want to be vaccinated, then you can simply quit your job.

The military is different for those abroad. They should not be forced to be vaccinated, while abroad, because it's not like they can just leave whenever they want to---but I don't know if that's actually happening or not.

"Calls for teachers and kids," is not being forced. I'm talking about being forced. The Government can recommend whatever it wants to recommend. I wouldn't have had a problem with the Government, for instance, recommending that non-essential business be closed of their own accord---I had a problem with the Government forcing them to close.

Let's get it straight: If you think that someone is eventually going to show up at your house with a Federal ID, a syringe and a firearm...that's not something that I think is going to happen.
August 29th, 2021 at 8:48:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

Trump urges supporters in Alabama to get vaccinated, gets booed at his own rally

Its really shocking
Trump should have come back with something like tis.
"You're booing? WTF is wrong with you people."

He should have dropped the F bomb
Very appropriate
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 2 of 3<123>