Am I a Liberal or Conservative?

Page 2 of 4<1234>
August 30th, 2021 at 6:06:46 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
I find his “I hate everybody” takes kind of refreshing.

That is not a fair representation. I don't hate everybody, i just don't care about most people or humanity itself. I believe the time humans spend on this planet will be so insignificant compared to the age of the planet that it isn't even worth discussing.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 31st, 2021 at 2:50:18 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: missedhervee
1. Did you vote for Trump?

2. Did you vote for Biden?

3. Do you believe that man's actions have negatively contributed to climate change / global warming?

4. Do black lives matter to you?

5. Should assault rifles be banned?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No

Have fun with that one.
August 31st, 2021 at 8:34:26 AM permalink
DRich
It seems to me that most people associate abortion with a political party.

1) Are you Pro-Choice
2) Are you Pro-Life

To me that would be equating religious preference to political party. It seems far fetched to me.
August 31st, 2021 at 9:31:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
People should take it issue by issue
Thats what I do
I mostly lean left but their are issues where I agree with conservatives
Take the eviction moratorium
Get rid of it. Renters should not get a free ride, especially in this economy where everybody is hiring
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 31st, 2021 at 10:04:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Lots of mixed views usually makes one an independent.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 31st, 2021 at 10:26:07 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
Lots of mixed views usually makes one an independent.

Yep, whichever side I would say I lean on depends on my mood, which changes daily to hourly.

I might as well have flipped a coin to decide whether I voted for Trump or Biden. In fact I think I had planned on voting for Biden, got stuck in a 2 hour pole line and got angry, and said “F it, you know what here is one for Trump”.

However I do regret that decision based on how things shook out after the election.

I am so manic politically that I should probably just not vote.
August 31st, 2021 at 3:54:52 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
People should take it issue by issue

I agree Ed, but you are one of the worst on this site as far as classifying people as "Republicans, Conservatives, etc". Obviously there are other posters on this site that lean the other direction and classify people too broadly as "Liberals, Democrats, etc",

Why don't we just say that people that do or believe in "XYZ" are idiots or morons and not try to lump others together?
August 31st, 2021 at 7:25:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I agree Ed, but you are one of the worst on this site as far as classifying people as "Republicans, Conservatives, etc". Obviously there are other posters on this site that lean the other direction and classify people too broadly as "Liberals, Democrats, etc",

Why don't we just say that people that do or believe in "XYZ" are idiots or morons and not try to lump others together?

Gee
You're no fun
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 1st, 2021 at 9:53:34 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Gee
You're no fun

You are right, apparently I am new to anonymous forums. Why would people act civil when they are anonymous.
September 6th, 2021 at 3:34:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I can do it in one question. Well, maybe in a few parts.

Do you more believe in equality of opportunity or equality of outcome? In other words, does it bother you that "rich people" have more money even though they worked harder to get it? Does it bother you that there are more Asians and Whites in selective colleges even though they studied harder to get there?

The more liberals someone is the more they want equal outcomes and government to "level the playing field" to help some people.

Conservatives are not bothered that people who work harder get more and know that no matter how "level the playing field" is, Steffon Diggs is going to run faster than they are.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 4<1234>