Page 3 of 4<1234>
September 7th, 2021 at 8:04:28 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
1. Did you vote for Trump?

2. Did you vote for Biden?

3. Do you believe that man's actions have negatively contributed to climate change / global warming?

4. Do black lives matter to you?

5. Should assault rifles be banned?

1.) No.

2.) No.

3.) Yes, but don't care.

4.) Over and above others or equally to others? What does it mean for a person's life to, "Matter?"

5.) Definitely not on a Federal level. I think, on the state level, it would take one hell of a Constitutionally valid argument for me to say yes.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 7th, 2021 at 5:56:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
1.) No.

2.) No.

3.) Yes, but don't care.

4.) Over and above others or equally to others? What does it mean for a person's life to, "Matter?"

5.) Definitely not on a Federal level. I think, on the state level, it would take one hell of a Constitutionally valid argument for me to say yes.

Pretty much agree on all 5! I sort of care about #3, but realize that the US is a VERY small cog in the global warming increase, and China/India/Philippines etc.. aren’t going to stop their exponential growth of fossil fuel use.

These 5 questions are not able to identify one as a liberal or conservative. I think all would agree that if I HAD to pick one I’m a conservative. But my answer to those 5 questions gives you little to work with.
September 7th, 2021 at 6:51:02 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Pretty much agree on all 5! I sort of care about #3, but realize that the US is a VERY small cog in the global warming increase, and China/India/Philippines etc.. aren’t going to stop their exponential growth of fossil fuel use.

These 5 questions are not able to identify one as a liberal or conservative. I think all would agree that if I HAD to pick one I’m a conservative. But my answer to those 5 questions gives you little to work with.

That is why I started this topic: I really don't know what other people consider me. I am financially conservative but socially liberal.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 8th, 2021 at 10:34:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
That is why I started this topic: I really don't know what other people consider me. I am financially conservative but socially liberal.

I'm the same way. The funny thing is that SOOPOO and I agree on those five answers, but gun to my head, I'd say I'm a Liberal. While I am fiscally conservative, that's really out of concern with what I think the Feds should or should not do...for state-level politics, I'm economically Moderate.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 8th, 2021 at 10:37:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I'm the same way. The funny thing is that SOOPOO and I agree on those five answers, but gun to my head, I'd say I'm a Liberal. While I am fiscally conservative, that's really out of concern with what I think the Feds should or should not do...for state-level politics, I'm economically Moderate.

Liberals generally want the feds doing more, not less.
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2021 at 10:43:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman

I agree, but I am extremely liberal on social issues.
September 8th, 2021 at 10:51:32 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Ah, you Libertarians ... "Leave me the hell alone and do what you want, just don't have it blow back on me."

Works for me.
September 8th, 2021 at 11:17:01 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman

Conservatives favor decisions at a more local level.
Until the local government makes a decision they disagree with, then they favor higher levels of government to override.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 8th, 2021 at 11:29:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Would a libertarian start his car up at 5am every weekday morning which sounds like it has no muffler, or is that some other political persuasion?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 8th, 2021 at 1:08:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It depends.

If he needs to go to work, then he's a Libertarian or a Democrat.

But if he doesn't need to and just likes to mess with his liberal neighbors he's a Republican.
Page 3 of 4<1234>