Firearms w.o. Face

Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »
September 3rd, 2021 at 2:05:30 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
All I can say is dont piss off your neighbor
He now has the right to stand in front of your home armed to the teeth

I have the right to stand in front of his home armed to the teeth.

Not that I believe either thing will happen...there have been a crapton of weapons in Texas forever.

Your kids could be playing on the front lawn with this deranged weirdo with automatic weapons just feet away
Can you imagine the coming neighborhood disputes as citizens try to intimate each other

Again, something will probably happen. Hell, things already happened. The law only makes carrying legal, not more common. I know many who carried within the old law, following either the concealed carry regulations or the laws for the rest of the folk.

Is there any law in TX regarding where your gun is pointed?

It could be charged as Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

If I aim, I am likely shooting because I have no choice...and it will be either in my house or under attack in a car. Or someone attacking me at the ranch, which would be a stretch. So, basically, I can shoot, I know how to kill (not that I wanted to), and I will defend my person and my people. If they just want some shit, they can have it. I have good insurance for that...

Can somebody just aim at you and its OK?

No.

I also see people get felony charges for shooting across property lines on that game warden show from Texas. Property lines are pretty serious business here.

I am sure the media will make the most out of the first thing that happens; most likely, it will be something that was going to happen anyway. It isn't like there were no guns around here before 9/1/2021.

The stock market was not that good today...I may have to put retirement off for a day. My most recent bets on stocks (not my main portfolio) took a turn in the shitter the minute the old guy started talking.
September 3rd, 2021 at 2:43:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

The stock market was not that good today...I may have to put retirement off for a day. My most recent bets on stocks (not my main portfolio) took a turn in the shitter the minute the old guy started talking.

Not that good??????
In my opinion market is holding high with a very slight .21 drop
But
Thats just the Dow
I made money today
Overall small portfolio up .21 at Ameritrade today (large IRA portfolio I leave alone)
Probably due to TSM
it went up over 2% today
Thats huge, a whole 2 points and more
I got a big bet on TSM
I'm betting that China does not start a war and the companies chip dominance will really pay off.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 3rd, 2021 at 2:51:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I recall a guy who used his pistol to shoot himself in the head, but he failed to kill himself; he's disfigured and brain-damaged.

Now he's an embarrassment to himself and his long-suffering family who have to care for this loser.
September 3rd, 2021 at 3:35:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

but like I say, takes quite an imagination to start pondering all this

Not an imagination
Just a neighbor that was in a dispute in Tampa
Its sad, 2 families destroyed. One dead father and another in jail just because a simple neighborhood argument turned violent
Sheri's kids making a loud racket in the neighborhood
Neighbor home watching the Bucs on TV gets angry
Goes outside and somehow gets physical with the kids
Kids run home to complain to Sheri
She's livid and goes out to confront the neighbor
They get into a huge argument
Sheri calls her boyfriend Dentist who is actually at the Bucs game
He rushes home to confront the neighbor
He also has a handgun with him and brandishes it
The argument is heated
Neighbor tries to grab the gun
It goes off. Neighbor dead.
At the trial, one of the most devastating recordings that were allowed in were the neighbors wailing children immediately after the gun went off seeing their father die in front of them
This is like 20 years ago
The dentist is probably still in jail.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 3rd, 2021 at 5:09:17 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
All I can say is dont piss off your neighbor
He now has the right to stand in front of your home armed to the teeth
Your kids could be playing on the front lawn with this deranged weirdo with automatic weapons just feet away
Can you imagine the coming neighborhood disputes as citizens try to intimate each other
Is there any law in TX regarding where your gun is pointed?
Can somebody just aim at you and its OK?

you have quite an imagination

I think if you have a deranged weirdo for a neighbor, you'd want him to stand in front of your home brandishing his weapon. Speaking for myself, that's exactly what I would want, but I won't elaborate. What I wouldn't want is him lurking about, armed, but hiding, thinking he could sneak off a shot

but like I say, takes quite an imagination to start pondering all this

Hmmm, "automatic" weapons says the "wise" road wanderer.
Ed, can you give us an example of said "automatic" weapons that could be just feet away?
It all sounds very illegal, even in Texas, but please enlighten the group with your profound knowledge on the subject of firearms.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 3rd, 2021 at 5:30:18 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: JCW09
Hmmm, "automatic" weapons says the "wise" road wanderer.
Ed, can you give us an example of said "automatic" weapons that could be just feet away?
It all sounds very illegal, even in Texas, but please enlighten the group with your profound knowledge on the subject of firearms.

To be fair you can buy/obtain automatic weapons in America, if they were made/sold pre-1985, but I don't think automatic weapons are the most dangerous aspects of gun violence (really an Auto M4 vs a semi-Auto M4 has not a huge difference in lethality in my view, I think semi is almost always more effective). I have never understood the obsession with automatic weapons being more dangerous for regular street crime.
September 3rd, 2021 at 5:47:45 PM permalink
JCW09
I am sick of ammunition shortages every time the Dims get into power!

It wasn't a Dem situation, but Biden Admin's recent ban on Russian imports isn't going to help.
This was Covid, large increase in new gun owners due to BLM Riots & Remington being out of business/in BK.
VSTO bought Remington Ammo Factory & Brands and is manufacturing Big Green 24/7 along with their Federal/CCI/Speer brands
It will be ebbs and flows on availability now until next summer. Manufacturing will catch up and fill the Russian void.
If you don't have at least 2,500 FMJ & 500 JHP's for every pistol caliber you own, you're under stocked. 2,500 for each long gun.
Needless to say, I am not understocked & have plenty of JHP to cycle my carry ammo for the next 15 years.
If you carry, you must train regardless of the cost. That is the responsibility you took on when you decided to get your permit.
September 3rd, 2021 at 5:51:29 PM permalink
JCW09
Quote: Gandler
To be fair you can buy/obtain automatic weapons in America, if they were made/sold pre-1985, but I don't think automatic weapons are the most dangerous aspects of gun violence (really an Auto M4 vs a semi-Auto M4 has not a huge difference in lethality in my view, I think semi is almost always more effective). I have never understood the obsession with automatic weapons being more dangerous for regular street crime.

C'mon Gandler, to be fair, you're neighbor is never going to have paid the freight or got the license to own an automatic.
You know as well as I do, the truth here is Ed doesn't have a clue about firearms.
Unfortunately, neither do most pols that want more "common sense" gun laws.
September 3rd, 2021 at 5:51:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Vegas shooter did a pretty effective job with bump stocks. Kinda sorta didn't use automatic weapons.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 3rd, 2021 at 6:00:36 PM permalink
JCW09
And bump stocks are kinda sorta illegal these days as well.
Trump Admin's ATF took care of that.
Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »