Firearms w.o. Face

Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »
September 4th, 2021 at 10:25:56 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: terapined
You take joking sarcasm seriously
It was an imaginative joke

Nobody takes any of your post seriously.
They are the joke.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 4th, 2021 at 10:35:41 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: rxwine
I'd be happy to see a one year moratorium on all gun restrictions. If crime goes up, bans work. If not, they don't

Seems well thought out. The world is normally this simple & life has very little nuance.
Well done.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 6th, 2021 at 2:12:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is probably my favorite gun now. It's a 9 mm Beretta Nano that I got as a personal carry gun. I have not renewed my carry permit in a couple of years so this gun is now my bedroom gun. It is super compact, 5 inches long. But it feels really good in your hand. Holds 6 in the clip 1 in the chamber. The whole gun was designed to be super smooth, there's nothing to catch on your clothing if you carry it in your pocket. There is not even a safety. The safety is built into the double trigger. It's also impossible for this gun to go off if you drop it on the ground. It makes a really good nightstand gun because it has such a short barrel and weighs only 19 Oz. My Taurus 9 mm feels like a cannon compared to the Nano.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 6th, 2021 at 4:56:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Evenbob

In fact the Beretta Nano reminds me of the gun James
Bond carried in the first five novels. A Beretta 418.
It was a 6 mm 25 caliber pocket handgun that was popular
with European officers during World War II.

The Beretta did not have much firepower so Bond
moved up to a Walther P99 .380 for the rest of the
books.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 7th, 2021 at 2:16:23 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
This is probably my favorite gun now. It's a 9 mm Beretta Nano that I got as a personal carry gun. I have not renewed my carry permit in a couple of years so this gun is now my bedroom gun. It is super compact, 5 inches long. But it feels really good in your hand. Holds 6 in the clip 1 in the chamber. The whole gun was designed to be super smooth, there's nothing to catch on your clothing if you carry it in your pocket. There is not even a safety. The safety is built into the double trigger. It's also impossible for this gun to go off if you drop it on the ground. It makes a really good nightstand gun because it has such a short barrel and weighs only 19 Oz. My Taurus 9 mm feels like a cannon compared to the Nano.

Looks like a nice piece of equipment.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 7th, 2021 at 8:08:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph

Looks like a nice piece of equipment.

(Quote clipped to not duplicate picture)

I agree. A handy little piece with minimal danger for the user.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 7th, 2021 at 10:40:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Never operated a gun like that, I am picturing that you slide the whole top back to chamber a round?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 7th, 2021 at 12:23:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: odiousgambit
Never operated a gun like that, I am picturing that you slide the whole top back to chamber a round?

The grip and the base of the gun are made of polymer. The slide and the barrel are steel. You pull the slide back and it puts a round in the chamber. Fires just as fast as you can pull the trigger and never jams. It's the size of it that makes it a great house gun and carry gun, fits well in a shoulder holster or an ankle holster.

Or an inside the pants belt holster

September 7th, 2021 at 12:45:12 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
EvenBob said it.

The weapon is a little more nose-heavy than one would expect and the trigger is a bit heavier than one might be used to, but it's a great weapon overall.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 7th, 2021 at 1:00:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Mission146
EvenBob said it.

The weapon is a little more nose-heavy than one would expect and the trigger is a bit heavier than one might be used to, but it's a great weapon overall.

And there is no hair trigger BS, you have to fully pull the trigger
all the way back for it to fire. But the trigger pulls very smoothly
and easily so you don't notice it .Even though it has no safety it's
a very safe gun. It's impossible for it to be fired unless you fully
intend to fire it. The barrel length makes it suck as a target pistol
but anything you're going to be shooting at is going to be pretty
close to you anyway especially in your house. Of course it's just as
loud as any 9 mm but that's okay.

Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »