Firearms w.o. Face

Page 8 of 9« First<56789>
November 2nd, 2021 at 4:27:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: JimRockford
It looks like ammo is slowly coming back.

I never run low on ammo because I quit target practicing a few years ago. I stopped seeing the point of it, just a waste of ammo. And I only have to go outside, this is zoned rural. I figure if I ever need a gun it's going to be close quarters inside my house so why do I need to practice. So I have drawers full of ammo.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 2nd, 2021 at 7:01:09 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I just sold my Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge for $50. My buddy was ecstatic. I know I could have sold it for $400, but why not make a friend happy, I am not taking it to Florida.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 2nd, 2021 at 7:47:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Better than shooting him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2021 at 9:06:34 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
I never run low on ammo because I quit target practicing a few years ago. I stopped seeing the point of it, just a waste of ammo. And I only have to go outside, this is zoned rural. I figure if I ever need a gun it's going to be close quarters inside my house so why do I need to practice. So I have drawers full of ammo.

I practice so that handling my weapon safely and proficiently is second nature. But mostly I shoot because I enjoy it. Frankly if I didn’t like shooting I wouldn’t own a gun. The chance that I will need one for self defense is so remote it’s essentially nonexistent.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
November 2nd, 2021 at 10:48:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I practice so that handling my weapon safely and proficiently is second nature. But mostly I shoot because I enjoy it. Frankly if I didn’t like shooting I wouldn’t own a gun. The chance that I will need one for self defense is so remote it’s essentially nonexistent.

I enjoy it just not as much as I used to. I also used to have a permit to carry, I don't even have that anymore. I enjoy owning a bunch of guns, I enjoy having the Beretta Nano exactly 4 inches from my hand right now as I use the mouse. I just don't feel like Target practicing anymore, it's not the same as it was 20 years ago. Like so many things.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 3rd, 2021 at 5:10:50 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I practice so that handling my weapon safely and proficiently is second nature.
somebody named Baldwin coulda used some of that. I say that because someone well versed in gun safety simply *cannot shoot* another person by accident, save the most weird circumstance, like hitting someone half a mile away. Simply not possible for someone who knows and practices gun safety, with a gun that has merely been deemed safe because "it's not loaded".
Quote:
But mostly I shoot because I enjoy it. Frankly if I didn’t like shooting I wouldn’t own a gun. The chance that I will need one for self defense is so remote it’s essentially nonexistent.
I've never considered the possibility that it is an 'essentially nonexistent' possibility. I grant you the chances I would be fully prepared mentally are remote, unless I've been warned, fully warned, of 'what's up'.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 3rd, 2021 at 5:20:44 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: odiousgambit
...someone well versed in gun safety simply *cannot shoot* another person by accident,

And yet it happens all the time, like hunters mistaking a fellow hunter for an elk, or a hunter fumbling and dropping his rifle while climbing a fence, only to have it fall, go off and blow away his hunting buddy.

But worst of all are those with guns who are clueless about gun safety: hello, seven year olds getting into dad's closet and showing his loaded gun to your friends ...
November 4th, 2021 at 2:12:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
And yet it happens all the time, like hunters mistaking a fellow hunter for an elk,
easier to do than you might think. If you've ever had your eyes play tricks on you, you'd know. I know now what the eyes paint on the retina is one thing, but the brain is very much involved with what you actually see, and can manufacture things. The thing a hunter has to take to heart is the idea that you must unequivocally identify your target before shooting. *

Quote:
or a hunter fumbling and dropping his rifle while climbing a fence, only to have it fall, go off and blow away his hunting buddy.
yeah, you also have to take to heart all the rules and break as few as you possibly can make yourself do.

Quote:
But worst of all are those with guns who are clueless about gun safety: hello, seven year olds getting into dad's closet and showing his loaded gun to your friends ...
indisputable

[to the kids you say "this is a true story"] ... A hunter saw in the bushes a nice buck with a great set of antlers. As he was lining up his shot, it moved out in the open, sat down on a stump, and lit a cigarette. How can this be a true story? .................... the thing is, it is a true story, no doubt it has happened
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 4th, 2021 at 9:16:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Don't forget the faithful hound dog shooting his owner.

Every once in awhile you hear of those.

But mostly dogs like to put the transmission into neutral and joy ride down a hill.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2021 at 9:33:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Don't forget the faithful hound dog shooting his owner.

Every once in awhile you hear of those.

But mostly dogs like to put the transmission into neutral and joy ride down a hill.

A post to laugh at instead of get mad at. Good job RX.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 8 of 9« First<56789>