"Guilt" on PBS

September 6th, 2021 at 7:38:12 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I usually give "Masterpiece" on PBS a chance even when it doesn't sound all that good. "Guilt" is the new one and it certainly sounded like it might be an instant thumbs-down, perhaps a boring, hands-wringing soap opera about wallowing in guilt. But I recorded it anyway. I got surprised.

About two brothers who kill a pedestrian with a car, a DWI, the guy not driving also in trouble up to his neck because he's a lawyer who allowed the drunk driving with his car. But what was not mentioned in the preview is that it is a dark humor piece. It is really quite funny in the way this type of humor always is.

If you missed the first installment, usually there are reruns with PBS, at unpredictable times. No problem as you can record it
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 6th, 2021 at 9:11:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I know this is the main point of your post, but why cannot you record PBS? I have never heard this before (granted I have never tried to)?
September 6th, 2021 at 9:15:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Gandler
I know this is the main point of your post, but why cannot you record PBS? I have never heard this before (granted I have never tried to)?
You misread something. I have no problem recording PBS. I'll edit to make it more clear
September 6th, 2021 at 9:25:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: odiousgambit
You misread something. I have no problem recording PBS. I'll edit to make it more clear

My bad, I read it backwards. I thought there may have been some weird FCC restriction that blocks recording since it is non-profit and gov funded or something.
September 6th, 2021 at 10:00:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wow people still record
Amazing
I thought everything is available to stream
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 6th, 2021 at 10:30:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: terapined
Wow people still record
Amazing
I thought everything is available to stream

You are so thoroughly modern, Sir.

btw in case someone is a little put off by the idea of laughing when the subject is a deadly hit and run, it's a guy who was going to die painfully anyway, so it's not as bad perhaps.