Attaboy, Joe

Page 5 of 7« First<234567>
September 10th, 2021 at 7:38:19 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
For the employees, it also results in them possibly having a binary choice to make, unless the employer just demands vaccinations straightaway:

They can get the vaccine or be tested weekly. If they didn’t work for an employer with 100, or more, employees…because that’s a magical number…then they wouldn’t necessarily have to do anything, unless they just so happened to work for an employer who wanted one or another of their own accord.

The employee will also realize that, just by testing positive, they’ll lose a paycheck, two weeks of PTO or split the difference with what PTO they have if not two weeks worth.

Speaking of which, maybe the Feds will mandate that these employers must pay for Covid sick leave if they avail themselves of this, “Option.” It’ll be vaccines, one and all, if it can potentially impact the bottom line directly; I can tell you that.

ADDED: Thus, not a compromise. To whatever sorry extent that it is a compromise, it’s just the Feds making allowing unvaccinated employees a less attractive option for employers and potentially less attractive for the employees to be unvaccinated. IOW, the Feds putting direct pressure on folks who fall into those categories.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 10th, 2021 at 8:25:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Every pollster I’ve seen discussing the “mandate” says it’s good politics for the Dems. Any rightie who says otherwise is just blowing smoke out their ass.

Americans are sick and tired of the anti-vax idiots. We all know they are the ones prolonging the pandemic.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 10th, 2021 at 8:51:22 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Every pollster I’ve seen discussing the “mandate” says it’s good politics for the Dems. Any rightie who says otherwise is just blowing smoke out their ass.

Americans are sick and tired of the anti-vax idiots. We all know they are the ones prolonging the pandemic.

Still, you either have principles, or you don’t. The Right doesn’t have any; the Left doesn’t have any.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 10th, 2021 at 9:19:38 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Mission146
For the employees, it also results in them possibly having a binary choice to make, unless the employer just demands vaccinations straightaway:

They can get the vaccine or be tested weekly. If they didn’t work for an employer with 100, or more, employees…because that’s a magical number…then they wouldn’t necessarily have to do anything, unless they just so happened to work for an employer who wanted one or another of their own accord.

The employee will also realize that, just by testing positive, they’ll lose a paycheck, two weeks of PTO or split the difference with what PTO they have if not two weeks worth.

Speaking of which, maybe the Feds will mandate that these employers must pay for Covid sick leave if they avail themselves of this, “Option.” It’ll be vaccines, one and all, if it can potentially impact the bottom line directly; I can tell you that.

ADDED: Thus, not a compromise. To whatever sorry extent that it is a compromise, it’s just the Feds making allowing unvaccinated employees a less attractive option for employers and potentially less attractive for the employees to be unvaccinated. IOW, the Feds putting direct pressure on folks who fall into those categories.

I mean it's not unlike the ACA as far as an arbitrary level of employees for an employer to be required to comply.

In some ways also like how the ACA charges smokers more on employer health plan. Its goal is to make certain choices less desirable (or at the least less rewarded). It is the Feds putting direct pressure on certain risk groups to influence behavior change. If this is good or bad is a matter of opinion I suppose.

For this case, I think it's good to encourage vaccines (I wish the ACA did this, and it was poor planning that it did not).

If you really don't want a vaccine you can sit in those crazy lines in your car at the testing clinic every week and fill out a bunch of forms, most people will probably get the vaccine after a few weeks....
September 11th, 2021 at 4:45:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JCW09
The House Plant continues to ignore the Constitution.
First it was the eviction moratorium, now its a federal vaccine mandate.
SCOTUS has only ever upheld a State's right to a vaccine mandate, not the feds.
Nice try Joe, but you're going to get bitch slapped by the SCOTUS Majority again.
Thanks again to Cocaine Mitch & The Orange Man for keeping the Totalitarian Left in check
The Dems got outplayed for sure & now Merrick is a pathetic AG trying to sue Texas, LMAO.

Biden collapsed to the USPS union and exempted the USPS from his fascist vax rule! So I guess it is not all that important to him that everyone get the vax. Just him trying to save his pathetic self as he sees his poll numbers collapsing.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2021 at 5:43:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler

If you really don't want a vaccine you can sit in those crazy lines in your car at the testing clinic every week and fill out a bunch of forms, most people will probably get the vaccine after a few weeks....

(Quote clipped, relevance)

That's assuming that the employer doesn't simply go the, "Everyone must be vaccinated," route. I imagine the goal is for more employers to do that, instead, as that will be easier for them for reasons stated.
September 11th, 2021 at 7:05:22 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
Biden collapsed to the USPS union and exempted the USPS from his fascist vax rule! So I guess it is not all that important to him that everyone get the vax. Just him trying to save his pathetic self as he sees his poll numbers collapsing.

That is simply fake news being used by the right for memes. USPS is covered by the mandated for Federal Employees.

https://news.yahoo.com/postal-workers-subject-biden-vaccine-142500746.html

Its true that Unions at many levels in this country (public and private) are against vaccine mandates, including the USPS Union. I don't understand this, Unions should be pro-vaccine if they are pro-worker.

In any case the point is USPS is not being offered special privileges via their Union unlike certain conspiracists are saying...
September 11th, 2021 at 7:11:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
That is simply fake news being used by the right for memes. USPS is covered by the mandated for Federal Employees.

Its true that Unions at many levels in this country (public and private) are against vaccine mandates, including the USPS Union. I don't understand this, Unions should be pro-vaccine if they are pro-worker.

In any case the point is USPS is not being offered special privileges via their Union unlike certain conspiracists are saying...

What does your post mean about, "Pro-worker?" If a particular worker does not wish to get a vaccine, then what is, "Pro-worker," about forcing it upon him or her?
September 11th, 2021 at 7:22:03 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Mission146
What does your post mean about, "Pro-worker?" If a particular worker does not wish to get a vaccine, then what is, "Pro-worker," about forcing it upon him or her?

Unions are subject to the issue of being swayed by the loudest voices. And, on this issue, a small minority of members tend to be the most active (and loudest) in their advocacy.

In any case I was just making the point that the USPS is no different than many other Unions, but they are not getting special privileges for "rigging the election".
September 11th, 2021 at 7:38:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

The truth seems to be somewhat in the middle. The postal workers are exempt from the federal law but will be covered by the 100 employee law.

"Postal workers will have a choice between getting the vaccine and getting tested for COVID-19 once a week, a Biden administration official clarified, subjecting those workers to the rules being imposed on business of 100 employees or more, as opposed to the rules for federal employees."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 5 of 7« First<234567>