Attaboy, Joe

Page 6 of 7« First<34567>
September 11th, 2021 at 7:47:32 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
The truth seems to be somewhat in the middle. The postal workers are exempt from the federal law but will be covered by the 100 employee law.

"Postal workers will have a choice between getting the vaccine and getting tested for COVID-19 once a week, a Biden administration official clarified, subjecting those workers to the rules being imposed on business of 100 employees or more, as opposed to the rules for federal employees."

Well yes and no.

From the article: "The confusion stemmed from the Postal Service's relationship with the federal government. The Postal Service is an independent agency in the executive branch that is not subject to the president’s executive orders. That means Biden’s order requiring all federal employees to be vaccinated would not apply to the Postal Service. "

This comes from Americans wanting the post office to be run like a business so its kind of its own thing and also part of the government. Even though they receive Federal benefits (at least at the employee level, not contractor), they are not considered Federal Employees. Which is also why they have their own union.

In any case its probably wise to be vaccinated if you are a postal worker as you are encountering hundreds of people a day (and I would guess you also have to deliver to high risk areas like nursing homes, hospitals, etc...) I know I would not feel safe doing that job unvaccinated.
September 11th, 2021 at 7:53:27 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler

The plan will also require employers to provide paid days off for vaccination days so that employees do not have to stress about missing work.

I think this is a reasonable compromise which should make most people happy while encouraging good decisions.

Great, now the blacks will never get vaccinated. Just like the ‘FMLA’, another federal rule for the blacks to exploit and avoid going to work. Among civil servants FMLA is known as the ‘Friday Monday Leave Act’. Biden’s mandate guarantees them a four day work week and only encourages them not to get vaccinated. 72% of young blacks in NYC are not vaccinated. They’re going to love this.

“Sheee!“ If I call in FML on Friday and go for the test on Monday, I gets a four day weekend.”

“Daayum!, I can do that every weekend.”
September 11th, 2021 at 7:58:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I think they only get the day off for vaccination, not for repeated testing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 11th, 2021 at 7:59:50 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko
Great, now the blacks will never get vaccinated. Just like the ‘FMLA’, another federal rule for the blacks to exploit and avoid going to work. Among civil servants FMLA is known as the ‘Friday Monday Leave Act’. Biden’s mandate guarantees them a four day work week and only encourages them not to get vaccinated. 72% of young blacks in NYC are not vaccinated. They’re going to love this.

“Sheee!“ If I call in FML on Friday and go for the test on Monday, I gets a four day weekend.”

“Daayum!, I can do that every weekend.”

What? I have no idea what this means or how it is race related.

I have used FMLA once (for 1 week), and it's a whole process of submitting paperwork and filling out forms. And, it's not paid leave, you have to use your own PTO or just take the week unpaid.

You can't just file FMLA every week for a free paid four day weekend.... Even if you had legitimate medical documentation you would likley run out of PTO after a few weeks.....

You can't just call your out of work and say "I am taking FMLA", its a whole process.
September 11th, 2021 at 8:17:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
What? I have no idea what this means or how it is race related.

I have used FMLA once (for 1 week), and it's a whole process of submitting paperwork and filling out forms. And, it's not paid leave, you have to use your own PTO or just take the week unpaid.

You can't just file FMLA every week for a free paid four day weekend.... Even if you had legitimate medical documentation you would likley run out of PTO after a few weeks.....

You can't just call your out of work and say "I am taking FMLA", its a whole process.

I loved FMLA
It really helped me out
How else do you recover from major surgery twice in a single year and keep getting paid and have a job to come back too.
FMLA literally saved my economic life
I'm a massive supporter of FMLA
Life is not perfect
Sh*t happens
Shouldn't lose a job and the economic wealth you have built up for retirement because you can't work for months due to illness and hospital operations to make you better.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2021 at 8:23:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
I loved FMLA
It really helped me out
How else do you recover from major surgery twice in a single year and keep getting paid and have a job to come back too.
FMLA literally saved my economic life
I'm a massive supporter of FMLA
Life is not perfect
Sh*t happens
Shouldn't lose a job and the economic wealth you have built up for retirement because you can't work for months due to illness and hospital operations to make you better.

I agree, it's not like the government is paying or forcing your employer to pay for the leave, it just secured your position while away. You also keep your medical benefits, but you have to pay into them on your own (if you are taking unpaid FMLA).
September 11th, 2021 at 8:23:59 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Yes you can. They get medical authorization for things like asthma or mother's heart condition requiring them to assist her. They know all the tricks to get unlimited days off. They can call in FML at any moment, no questions allowed to be asked. They do run out of sick and vacation time, but they can still stay out as often as they please, while keeping their job and medical benefits. I knew one who stayed out every single day, and never worked, for years, due to his mother's heart condition, while he ran a business on the side. I knew another who needed a hip replacement, but he delayed as long as he could, to qualify for FML. Whenever he felt like it, he would call in FML due to the pain. Unlimited authorization. For ambitious Civil Servants, covering the FMLA abusers creates a ton of overtime and a chance to pad their pensions.
September 11th, 2021 at 8:57:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Yes you can. They get medical authorization for things like asthma or mother's heart condition requiring them to assist her. They know all the tricks to get unlimited days off. They can call in FML at any moment, no questions allowed to be asked. They do run out of sick and vacation time, but they can still stay out as often as they please, while keeping their job and medical benefits. I knew one who stayed out every single day, and never worked, for years, due to his mother's heart condition, while he ran a business on the side. I knew another who needed a hip replacement, but he delayed as long as he could, to qualify for FML. Whenever he felt like it, he would call in FML due to the pain. Unlimited authorization. For ambitious Civil Servants, covering the FMLA abusers creates a ton of overtime and a chance to pad their pensions.

Where I worked
I did not see any abuse of FMLA
If your stories were true, this would put companies out of business
I saw no abuse and believe me, people talk about abuse in the workplace
Companies are thriving in the Era of FMLA. How is that possible? Because the problem Tanko is describing is not rampant, tiny fraction of employees
Hey Tanko. Can you find a company suffering from FMLA??????????????????????
FMLA fraud is tiny
Most are honest like me
FMLA was a little scary because in my company word was out, you fake FMLA, company will find a way to get rid of you
You take an FMLA survey at work. Just about everybody supports it. Its not political in the workplace
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2021 at 9:32:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Actually, one place I worked if you called in sick they asked if it was PTO or FMLA. I knew one guy hated working there so much he called off almost every Monday. One week he lamented he had to start burning FMLA time.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2021 at 9:34:04 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
Americans are sick and tired of the anti-vax idiots. We all know they are the ones prolonging the pandemic.

Quote: Mission146
Still, you either have principles, or you don’t. The Right doesn’t have any; the Left doesn’t have any.

How is the pandemic not already over for you if you are vaccinated?
Other than government/private company mandated idiocy of wearing masks or socially distancing, how is your life altered anymore?
This should have been The House Plant's message this week:

"We have done everything we can getting you a vaccine that works. If you have taken it, you'll be fine, if not, good luck to you.
As the saying goes, you can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. America, we have brought you the water!
The Trump administration oversaw the successful development of the vaccine & my Administration has successfully made
it available to everyone. If you're vaxxed or previously recovered from Covid, it's very unlikely you will develop serious symptoms,
need hospitalization or die from this disease. Now get out there and live your lives, get back to work and if you're vaccinated or
you have previously recovered from Covid, put the fear of this disease in the rear view mirror. It's over for you!"

The House Plant should have ended with:

"As the leader of the free world, the United States is now turning its Covid focus to getting vaccines delivered to underserved countries
around the world. There are people around the globe that desperately want the vaccines that 80 million Americans don't want to take.
Let me be clear, the vaccine will remain easily accessible to any American that wants to take it in the future, but frankly you have had
your opportunity. It's time to start combatting Covid variants around the world and we do that by vaccinating the planet."

This would have been a positive message that encouraged the vaccinated and probably made some unvaccinated
re-think their decision. Do you honestly think any un-vaxxed person is going to willing get vaccinated after Thursday's speech?
This type of message would have emphasized unity across the aisle and it would have driven the polling numbers.
Time will tell on AMS mention of the polling experts, but all Biden did Thursday was preach to his choir. Not sure that helps.
And he ignored the Constitution. This policy will be struck down via an immediate injunction & SCOTUS decision as soon as it comes out.

Cases just peaked again last week, deaths will peak this week and the vast majority of deaths are the un-vaxxed, which again isn't you.
We're reaching the point where the population of un-vaxxed AND un-recovered Americans is getting smaller and smaller.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>