Are you willing to die for your political beliefs?

October 21st, 2021 at 12:10:24 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Clearly things have gone to hell in a handbasket in America; the divisiveness seems only to worsen.

We need closure; I propose that a week be set aside and designated to fight it out in the streets, the fields, the roadways and waterways.

That will be the time where all good men can take up arms and kill and maim one another with impunity in order to decide which path the country will take, conservative or liberal, and hopefully we'll eventually heal.

That seems to have been the aim of the Jan. 6th insurrectionists, i.e. to foment an armed rebellion.

What good are all the guns unless we actually use them for their intended purpose?
October 21st, 2021 at 12:36:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Politics is supposed to replace the need to settle things through combat.

Too many people think time ran out and the only choice is taking up arms. (at least some talk that way).

Now I haven't lived under a dictatorship, but it seems that there are quite a lot more steps to take before you even worry about reaching that point.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 21st, 2021 at 12:40:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Yes, but I see no political solution on the horizon, so ... plan B?

Our country began with an armed rebellion, after all: there is precedent.

Further precedent can be found in the Civil War.

There is a lot of frustration and pent up rage out there; a sanctioned killing spree destroying millions of us could act like a much needed national colonic irrigation / enema.