I Love Walmart & Amazon

Page 4 of 5<12345>
June 17th, 2022 at 4:05:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Mike Lindull says Walmart has “cancelled” him pulling MyPillow off its shelves.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 19th, 2022 at 12:30:53 PM permalink
rxwine
I saw these on sale at Walmart. So wondered how well they work. Here's how.

https://youtu.be/PrhAidJjmvU?t=596
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 19th, 2022 at 5:29:09 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Mike Lindull says Walmart has “cancelled” him pulling MyPillow off its shelves.

Walmart only pulls items off the shelf if they aren't selling or if they are getting too many returns.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 9th, 2023 at 1:40:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Walmart is expanding its services to install new electric vehicle fast-charging stations at both Sam’s Club and Walmart locations nationwide.

“With a store or club located within 10 miles of approximately 90% of Americans, we (Walmart & Sam’s Club) are uniquely positioned to deliver a convenient charging option that will help make EV ownership possible whether people live in rural, suburban or urban areas,” said, Walmart’s Senior Vice President and Energy Transformation, Vishal Kapadia. Kapadia continued, “Our goal is to meet the needs of customers and members where they live and open the road to those driving across the country. Easy access to on-the-go charging is a game-changer for drivers who have been hesitant to purchase an EV for concerns they won’t be able to find a charger in a clean, bright and safe location when needed.”
April 9th, 2023 at 2:06:10 PM permalink
DRich
Walmart is expanding its services to install new electric vehicle fast-charging stations at both Sam’s Club and Walmart locations nationwide.

“With a store or club located within 10 miles of approximately 90% of Americans, we (Walmart & Sam’s Club) are uniquely positioned to deliver a convenient charging option that will help make EV ownership possible whether people live in rural, suburban or urban areas,” said, Walmart’s Senior Vice President and Energy Transformation, Vishal Kapadia. Kapadia continued, “Our goal is to meet the needs of customers and members where they live and open the road to those driving across the country. Easy access to on-the-go charging is a game-changer for drivers who have been hesitant to purchase an EV for concerns they won’t be able to find a charger in a clean, bright and safe location when needed.”

I think that is great because in a few years even Walmart shoppers will be able to afford an EV.
April 11th, 2023 at 9:01:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Big Walmart distribution center burns up in Indiana.

Fire started at 1pm so all employees working. Must of got out of hand really quick or all their employees were on siesta. Maybe they need to bring in more fire extinguishers or check their sprinkler system if they have one.

According to Walmart, they were ordered to shut the sprinklers off:

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/one-year-later-still-few-answers-about-cause-of-walmart-facility-fire-in-plainfield/

If I had to guess, my guess would be a coolant explosion. The refrigerated and freezer rooms are kept that temperature (at least at the DC in which I was previously employed) by some sort of coolant fluid (maybe a gas) that is continuously pumped through pipes that run up and down the ceilings and some walls.

Of course, our DC was grocery only, so there may have been more combustible elements (and potentially a different cause for the fire) if they had non-foods at that distribution center. At the one in which I worked, a coolant explosion is pretty much the only thing that could even conceivably have caused a fire like that.

The article says everyone made it out, so that's at least good. I have to be honest and say that the company does a good job training employees on evacuation procedures, so I guess I'm not too surprised everyone made it out.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 11th, 2023 at 12:41:56 PM permalink
DRich
I know this Walmart fire was an old story but did they ever say why the sprinkler system was shut off?
April 11th, 2023 at 12:51:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I know this Walmart fire was an old story but did they ever say why the sprinkler system was shut off?

The fire department ordered it. The reason why might be in the court docs if there has been sufficient discovery, as yet, and you want to go digging for that (assuming it is even publicly available online.)

https://fox59.com/news/walmart-claims-departments-responding-to-distribution-center-made-fire-worse/

The above just says the fire department(s) can't comment as it is a matter of pending litigation.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 12th, 2023 at 7:52:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Here's some more info as well as a copy of Walmart's claim:

https://www.firelawblog.com/2022/09/26/walmart-fire-headlines-it-is-not-a-suit-but-a-claim-right-now/

Again, they allege that the fire suppression systems were disabled and that the doors were opened, which allowed the fire to spread. There remains no indication (here) of why the fire suppression systems were disabled.

There's also a picture of an article discussing it that references, "Narrow aisles to maximize usable storage space." I suppose that's subjective, but the aisles where I was employed are wide enough for two RR's to fit side-by-side with some space left over. You figure a standard pallet is forty inches wide, so that's 80 inches for two of them, which is nearly seven feet per aisle, by itself. I'd probably want to say there is something like eight-nine feet between aisles.

I know the meat room had significantly wider aisles than did the others, but I'm not sure why that was. The aisles were also wider on the dry side, probably because some of the storage over there is paper---and I'd want to put those aisles at ten to twelve feet wide. The narrowest aisles were in the cold produce areas (the eight-nine feet) which I assume is because there's nothing especially flammable there and everything is wet anyway.

The refrigerated aisles were probably about ten feet wide. I remember them being slightly wider than the cold produce room.

It just seems like an odd thing to point out; how wide do they want the aisles to be? If you've ever been to a Sam's Club, it's basically that, the DC aisles might even be a little wider.

The magazine (pictured in the article) discusses that this sort of fire needs to be attacked manually, but because of the, 'Narrow,' space and the firefighters not knowing the intensity of the fire, they have to go after it defensively. My guess is the thinking is, if the fire suppression systems were going to be able to handle the fire, then they would have already done so.

The bottom line is: I think Walmart files a claim, either way. If the firefighters open the doors and go in, Walmart files this claim; if the firefighters hang back and wait to see what the fire suppression systems can do, then Walmart files a claim alleging that they didn't enter the building quickly enough.

If you ask me, emergency response organizations should get absolute immunity for any and all damage to property, when summoned. I really do believe that Walmart is going to allege something and try to initiate a claim regardless of what happens in a situation like this. They just want to recover some of the loss.
April 13th, 2023 at 8:14:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Walmart has this new feature where on some of the items it'll say 50 of these sold since yesterday or 70 of these sold since yesterday and it makes you realize what a giant Corporation Walmart is that in just one day they sold 50 or 60 of this very specific item. That's a big problem for some of these manufacturers they can't keep up with the demand from Walmart and Amazon. It might say something like 24 of these in carts right now. Of course that means across all 4600 Walmarts but that is still an impressive number when you consider this goes on 24/7.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 4 of 5<12345>