Supreme Court

Page 4 of 6<123456>
October 30th, 2021 at 12:50:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
You're wasting your time. This is the guy who thought FDR ended the
Depression because he heard it in the liberal college he went to in the late 60s.

I didn't attend a "liberal college," I attended a conservative, religious-affiliated college in the South.

Why don't you make up some more BS while you're at it?

As for FDR, I disagreed with you then and still do.

By the time WWII arrived we were pulling out of the depression, but yeah the war brought back economic recovery.

Funny, both political parties worked together to defeat a menace then: why can't they now?
October 30th, 2021 at 1:02:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
You're wasting your time. This is the guy who thought FDR ended the
Depression because he heard it in the liberal college he went to in the late 60s.

People against fracking can almost never defend their position. They are afraid of a scary word like "fracking" and think it must be bad. I find them to be among the lowest information folks out there.

Besides lowering CO2, fracking kept the Bills in Buffalo.
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2021 at 1:05:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee

As for FDR, I disagreed with you then and still do.
?

It's not an opinion you can disagree with, it's a fact. FDR made the Depression worse and World War II ended it.
And if he had got to pack the court like he wanted to so all hiss hairbrained crackpot schemes would go unchallenged we would really be screwed.

"There's no doubt that Roosevelt changed the character of the American government—for the worse. In their understanding of the Depression, Roosevelt and his economic advisers had cause and effect reversed. They did not recognize that prices had fallen because of the Depression. They believed that the Depression prevailed because prices had fallen. The obvious remedy, then, was to raise prices, which they decided to do by creating artificial shortages. Hence arose a collection of crackpot policies designed to cure the Depression by cutting back on production. The scheme was so patently self-defeating that it's hard to believe anyone seriously believed it would work."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 30th, 2021 at 1:06:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
As I understand it, fracking screws up the water quality, causing wells to be polluted / unusable.

I have also read it leads to seismic instablility.

I support protective environmental regulations as I want to leave a viable, pleasant place to live for my heirs, not a gutted, toxic mess.

Case closed.

If you want to leave the world better for your heirs then get rid of some of your heirs. There is really only one environmental problem, too many humans. If you really want to solve the issue quit trying to stop Covid. If we let Covid kill off a couple of billion people we will solve the problem.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 30th, 2021 at 5:33:44 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
If you really want to solve the issue quit trying to stop Covid. If we let Covid kill off a couple of billion people we will solve the problem.

Trumpies, yes.

BLM / Antifa too.

Covid em all.
October 31st, 2021 at 3:42:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Trumpies, yes.

BLM / Antifa too.

Covid em all.

You do realize that calling for groups to catch covid and die is a suspendable offense do you not?
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2021 at 6:14:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
You do realize that calling for groups to catch covid and die is a suspendable offense do you not?

Guess you want kenarman suspended as well.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 31st, 2021 at 6:49:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Guess you want kenarman suspended as well.

His post was not hate speech. missedhervee's post was.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2021 at 7:25:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman

Really? If I say I want arsonists/rapists/child molesters/ all to be put to death instead of festering in prison I should be suspended?
October 31st, 2021 at 7:46:56 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: SOOPOO
Really? If I say I want arsonists/rapists/child molesters/ all to be put to death instead of festering in prison I should be suspended?

Your identified groups are people who society has passed laws against them to protect the people from the physical danger they present.

"Trumpies, yes.

BLM / Antifa too.

Covid em all."

These groups of people are identified by their political beliefs. Although many would like to make their beliefs illegal the last time I looked they weren't. Huge difference.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 4 of 6<123456>