The Hidden Cost of Build Back Better: Nicotine Tax

Page 2 of 2<12
November 7th, 2021 at 2:09:18 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
No such thing.

..'Nicotine is an addictive chemical compound found in tobacco plants. Nicotine use can cause serious health problems including increased blood pressure and hardening of arterial walls, causing heart attacks. Nicotine affects your brain and can make it harder to concentrate. Some of the brain changes are permanent and can affect your mood and ability to control your impulses."

Sounds almost identical to the side effects of caffeine.

https://tcors.publichealth.gsu.edu/files/2015/02/NIDA-Summer-Intern-JGomes-Poster-Are-Nicotine-and-Caffeine-Comparable.pdf

In any case I meant safer. Consuming nicotine without tobacco is far safer (almost by 100%) than any tobacco consumption (snus may be the exception).
November 7th, 2021 at 3:10:13 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
My problem is that I really do not want to quit. I like nicotine. And, I like that there are now safe forms of nicotine, which is what causes me to be upset when they are essentially eliminating the market on safe nicotine products while keeping tobacco.

In any case if I am forced into a corner of quitting or using tobacco, I would consider quitting. But, yeah smoking is very unappealing for me. I just don't understand the reasoning behind effectively pricing safe alternatives out of the market.

These Copenhagen Mint Pouches in my mouth as I am typing this sure are tasty, and apparently, not going up in price. (For now)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 7th, 2021 at 3:31:16 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Mission146
These Copenhagen Mint Pouches in my mouth as I am typing this sure are tasty, and apparently, not going up in price. (For now)

I actually have an unopened can of the exact same in my bag that I am trying to keep that way. But, I may give in at some point.

Did you switch to using two? (I notice you said plural).
November 7th, 2021 at 3:56:32 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I actually have an unopened can of the exact same in my bag that I am trying to keep that way. But, I may give in at some point.

Did you switch to using two? (I notice you said plural).

Yeah, I went to two at a time. I seem to generate a lot of saliva, (I drink nearly a gallon of water per day) so one seems to be completely spent within five minutes, whereas two at once can last me as much as a half hour.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 7th, 2021 at 5:15:38 PM permalink
Gandler
Yeah, I went to two at a time. I seem to generate a lot of saliva, (I drink nearly a gallon of water per day) so one seems to be completely spent within five minutes, whereas two at once can last me as much as a half hour.

Two is pretty much the perfect level, as far as nicotine level and flavor duration. Upper decking makes it last even longer, I highly recommend. People think upper decking is only for snus and nicotine pouches, but its perfect for dip as well.
November 8th, 2021 at 6:59:54 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Two is pretty much the perfect level, as far as nicotine level and flavor duration. Upper decking makes it last even longer, I highly recommend. People think upper decking is only for snus and nicotine pouches, but its perfect for dip as well.

I might try it, but buried in the bottom lip seems more comfortable, to me.
November 10th, 2021 at 6:42:16 PM permalink
Gandler
I might try it, but buried in the bottom lip seems more comfortable, to me.

You should try it, especially if you only use pouches, there is nothing to lose (if you don't like the feeling it takes like two seconds to reposition). You will also spit way less (almost not as all), so it eliminates a lot of the gross factor.
Its also good to switch positions (to prevent too much disruption in one location, which can cause problems if you dip and sit it in the same location in your lip all day).
November 11th, 2021 at 3:03:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I still cannot believe how many people like snuff. Bleah.
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2021 at 7:44:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
I still cannot believe how many people like snuff. Bleah.

Don't try it, or you will probably like it too.
November 11th, 2021 at 10:18:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Don't try it, or you will probably like it too.

Doubt it. I don’t even chew gum.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 2<12