Aaron Rodgers and Covid

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
November 12th, 2021 at 8:03:17 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
(no need to post video again)

I still don't know who Little Nas or what he does, but now I have a name to put with Elton in the commercials...
November 12th, 2021 at 9:29:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I still don't know who Little Nas or what he does, but now I have a name to put with Elton in the commercials...

Great song writer
Wrote what I consider one of the best country songs ever
2nd only to what I consider the best country song of all time, Blue Yodel number 8. By the way Blue Yodel 9 is also right up there
Classics
Even Jerry Garcia covered a blue yodel
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2021 at 9:54:28 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Great song writer
Wrote what I consider one of the best country songs ever
2nd only to what I consider the best country song of all time, Blue Yodel number 8. By the way Blue Yodel 9 is also right up there
Classics
Even Jerry Garcia covered a blue yodel

Which song? I am not a music person but I will listen to it if you think it is your 2nd favorite song?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 12th, 2021 at 11:13:54 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Which song? I am not a music person but I will listen to it if you think it is your 2nd favorite song?

Bear in mind I'm not a fan of modern country music
I'm a huge fan of roots country music such as Jimmy Rogers that wrote all the Blue Yodels back in the 1930's
I love Nas X song because to me its a homage to the roots of the genre that I truly love
I hear a touch of blues in Old Town Rd that made Jimmy Rodgers so brilliant borrowing from the blues to create his country blues songs that he called his blue yodels

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2021 at 12:06:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I'm a huge fan of roots country music such as Jimmy Rogers that wrote all the Blue Yodels back in the 1930's
I love Nas X song because to me its a homage to the roots of the genre that I truly love
I hear a touch of blues in Old Town Rd that made Jimmy Rodgers so brilliant borrowing from the blues to create his country blues songs that he called his blue yodels

I know that song and it is good. For some reason I just assumed it was a new cover of an old song.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 12th, 2021 at 12:58:35 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I’ve met you recently. We’ve even discussed your health. The odds of you being ‘around’ in 10 years likely exceeds 80%. See you in Florida. Maybe we’ll meet halfway in December. I’ll be in the Villages.
November 12th, 2021 at 7:41:58 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich

I know that song and it is good. For some reason I just assumed it was a new cover of an old song.

It does sound old, kind of something the great Robert Johnson would write.
Here is what I consider the benchmark performance of the 1930 Jimmy Rodgers classic, Blue Yodel Number 8 also know as the Mule Skinner blues
This is a bluegrass version by the great Dolly Parton and the late great Bill Monroe
Page 5 of 5« First<2345