Michigan school shooting

Page 1 of 91234>Last »
December 3rd, 2021 at 2:48:34 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
article

Will the parents of the shooter become a new cause celebre for the gun-loving right wingers?

By report the lad's doting parents bought a pistol for him to use, mama and he shot it to get used to it, and it continues (see article).

So should the parents be found guilty or not, and why or why not?
December 3rd, 2021 at 3:00:49 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee
article

Will the parents of the shooter become a new cause celebre for the gun-loving right wingers?

By report the lad's doting parents bought a pistol for him to use, mama and he shot it to get used to it, and it continues (see article).

So should the parents be found guilty or not, and why or why not?

I have heard one legal scholar call this an attempt to make a law that doesn't exist, so I am not sure what will happen. There is sentiment that they (and the school; they had someone say that basically there was no issue and did not even ask to search his backpack) may be partially responsible. In my opinion, at least the parents are partially responsible but I am not sure that the laws now on the books will allow them to be held as such.

This is not the case of a kid's issues not being known; people knew this one was having issues...hearing voices. Who in their right mind would let a person like that handle a gun? The criminal people might get to them but I am sure civil suits will have at least a better shot at them.

How the hell did they get away? The prosecutor didn't do a good job; they should have been watched to see if they turned themselves in as agreed and, if not, taken into custody by force.
December 3rd, 2021 at 4:05:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The parents are (Trump-supporting) monsters. Surprised they didn’t storm the Capitol.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 3rd, 2021 at 4:09:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
They ran off? Are they also crazy anti-government types?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 3rd, 2021 at 4:11:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What mother tells their kid, that you have to learn not to get caught? Is his mother Bonnie Parker?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 3rd, 2021 at 4:16:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Nothing much for the parents to be found guilty of.
The President is a fink.
December 3rd, 2021 at 4:32:46 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Nothing much for the parents to be found guilty of.

Innocent people often flee from the authorities. /s
December 3rd, 2021 at 4:42:58 PM permalink
ams288
Honestly gonna be fascinating to see the right coalesces around these monsters cause they are Donny lovers.
December 4th, 2021 at 4:03:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Parents should do time for involuntary manslaughter
Their actions are shocking and they know it
Thats why they ran
4 students dead
4 families destroyed
Pretty sick
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 4th, 2021 at 5:45:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
everything hinges on whether the parents knew he was mental

example: if my parents bought me a gun for Xmas, I would expect all 3 of us to be proud of the whole event. Shame on them if they knew I was nuts. Perfectly normal behavior if they didn't know.

Much of this is like that, clear culpability in matters under certain circumstances, actuallity may be more to do with denial than anything [edit]
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 1 of 91234>Last »