Michigan school shooting

Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »
December 4th, 2021 at 5:53:34 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The kid obviously deserves to do full sentences (the rest of his demented life) for his crime.

There isn't much "resumption of innocence" except in the court room in a case like this one.

ams288 ans EB both live in Michigan, I believe; what are the local law scholars saying about the charges? Do they think they are valid? I have only heard national ones talking about it. Some have gone to the side of it being a crime and that they should be charged, ignoring the question of there being a low that they could convict with, and others say their is no law in Michigan that really works with them being charged.

I think a Federal gun charge could happen...that may be more legally viable.

I don't know about the law, but these two parents--and to some point, the school officials, let this happen. They had more signs prior to the event happening than many of these cases yet they bought a weapon and thought that the little scumbag would be just fine in school in spite of his access to a gun and the voices in his head...plus the ammunition shopping, drawings, etc.

Parent of the Year candidates.
December 4th, 2021 at 5:54:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I ask you if the teacher who acted to prevent the tragedy is more angry about:

"Mom and son day"

OR

"Ethan returned to class"

not said: and allowed to bring in a gun. You think that teacher isn't saying " who the F let him back in AND didn't know he was a danger. Unsearched? Let back in under some "precious darlings can't be denied anything" rule?

Me, my outrage is directed towards stupid authorities
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 4th, 2021 at 6:07:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
I ask you if the teacher who acted to prevent the tragedy is more angry about:

"Mom and son day"

OR

"Ethan returned to class"

not said: and allowed to bring in a gun. You think that teacher isn't saying " who the F let him back in AND didn't know he was a danger. Unsearched? Let back in under some "precious darlings can't be denied anything" rule?

Me, my outrage is directed towards stupid authorities

If the school authorities had known he was just bought a gun days before, I'd have to believe their response would have been way more concerned. I can't imagine they were told about it, and just shrugged, and agreed to send him back to class. One can be negligent, but that would be crazy by most definitions.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2021 at 6:11:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Parents were arrested when their vehicle was spotted. Now the whole family has joint mug shots.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2021 at 11:28:50 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
So far, I haven't read anything about it, seems like another stupid mass killing. We all knew this was coming. Does anyone know if the ***hole kid was taking SSRI's?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 4th, 2021 at 11:36:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This is your family on Tr*mp:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 4th, 2021 at 12:39:50 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I think this is due retribution from the Wolverines beating the Buckeyes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 4th, 2021 at 1:20:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
This is your family on Tr*mp:

I am absolutely shocked by the actions of the parents
Shocked
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 4th, 2021 at 1:42:55 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
So far, I haven't read anything about it, seems like another stupid mass killing. We all knew this was coming. Does anyone know if the ***hole kid was taking SSRI's?

Parents were at the school the day it happened
School showed parents disturbing threats
They begged to take the kid home
Parents absolutely refused
Parents knew he was armed.
Hours later 4 students killed

Lawyers say parents were not on the run
Yea right
4k withdrawal and hiding at a warehouse
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 4th, 2021 at 2:42:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There was a shooting in Michigan? I live in Michigan. I really have to pay more attention to the news.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »