Michigan school shooting

December 5th, 2021 at 4:36:05 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
That jerk-off politician is obviously pandering to his audience.

Glad I don't live in Kentucky ...
December 5th, 2021 at 4:38:11 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
That jerk-off politician is obviously pandering to his audience.

Glad I don't live in Kentucky ...

Rumor has it that no humans have ever been there, but there are some vaguely humanoid creatures sometimes seen from the air.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 5th, 2021 at 4:55:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Its really not. That is actually a really nice Xmas photo setup and would be a great photo if no guns. The guns are just bizarre. If it were just a husband and wife I wouldn't even care that much (I would probably just eye roll and move on). But, making the kids hold them is just weird. Sets the total wrong example.

And, don't get me wrong I enjoy guns more than most on the left (and probably am one of the few who thinks there should be less regulation that is not local), but I enjoy a lot of things that I would not put in a family Christmas card, especially not one that I would post to the public.... Just a poor decision (and poor taste).

It looks like a happy family holding guns. As to releasing it to the public it is a great "up yours" to the gun grabbers on the left who go crazy when they even hear of a gun.
The President is a fink.
December 5th, 2021 at 5:01:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It's a stupid, insensitive ploy to get undeserved attention by mining a recent tragedy.

A classic republican ploy.
December 5th, 2021 at 5:04:53 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
It looks like a happy family holding guns. As to releasing it to the public it is a great "up yours" to the gun grabbers on the left who go crazy when they even hear of a gun.

It’s also a great, “Up yours,” to the families of the students killed or injured, wouldn’t you say? Maybe they can go finish the job on the students who were only injured and that would really show those libbies what’s up.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 5th, 2021 at 5:20:07 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Ohio: At Least We’re not West Virginia.

West Virginia: Least we Ain’t Kentucky.

Kentucky: Lease we i’nt…well, durnit.
December 5th, 2021 at 5:25:34 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

That is bad logic. That would be like a pro-alcohol family forcing their kids to hold a beer in a family photo, and saying "Its a great photo where we show our support for keeping beer legal". While, yes I agree with the general premise (beer being legal), making kids hold an adult object on a Christmas card is insane. And, then they would say "Oh the beer is not open and sealed, its just about the message and our support of the beer industry" ("the guns were not loaded and we want to show our support to the gun makers"). This just makes it worst (because you are basically acknledging that you know its wrong and mitigating)...

Whenever you use your kids for a political prop, its just bad (especially if the activity is not something kids should be involved in, in the first place....)
December 6th, 2021 at 2:44:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
It's a stupid, insensitive ploy to get undeserved attention by mining a recent tragedy.

A classic republican ploy.

A classic REPUBLICAN ploy?

You mean like running around blaming the NRA when there is a shooting? Or calling for defunding the police when a criminal dies resisting arrest?

Yeah, I remember when the GOP did all that. Oh, wait......
The President is a fink.
December 6th, 2021 at 6:09:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Michigan considered, but did not pass, a law that would hold parents accountable.

Michigan did convict someone of involuntary manslaughter when a six year old took a gun to school and killed someone. That person entered a guilty plea, so the charge was not really tested in court.

Based on that additional info, I think that it will be tough to get a conviction of the parents.

We shall see....
December 6th, 2021 at 6:14:16 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
A classic REPUBLICAN ploy?

You mean like running around blaming the NRA when there is a shooting? Or calling for defunding the police when a criminal dies resisting arrest?

Yeah, I remember when the GOP did all that. Oh, wait......

This picture was a stupid thing to publish at this point. Maybe at any point. Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should" do something.

I still hear members of the squad talking about eliminating prisons and defunding the police with no real solutions; that talk is much more dangerous than a stupid picture. You don't think the criminals are listening and reacting to no/low bail and refusals to charge crimes by DAs?