Page 7 of 9« First<456789>
December 6th, 2021 at 12:29:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
are there guns to mention? no.

But check this out:

Quote: Luke chapter 22
36 He said to them, “ ... sell your cloak and buy [a sword]...
38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied.
They weren't going into this thing unarmed

Jesus multiplied jugs of wine. But that wasn't the message either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2021 at 12:42:03 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Jesus multiplied jugs of wine. But that wasn't the message either.
very good.

on the other hand, you shouldn't be able to make the case that Jesus advocated T-totaling abstinence [though some people do]

if we are to 'turn the other cheek', yet arm ourselves against potential harm too, I think you have to find a middle ground. I'd say "revenge" is what is un-Christian, while protecting your family against contingencies is allowed
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 6th, 2021 at 2:39:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
ams288 ans EB both live in Michigan, I believe; what are the local law scholars saying about the charges? Do they think they are valid?

Well, it’s officially official: As of next February I will no longer be a Michigan resident. 😬
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 6th, 2021 at 2:49:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
Well, it’s officially official: As of next February I will no longer be a Michigan resident. 😬

And…

Work or pleasure? Lateral or step up? I’m guessing you’re not going further North.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2021 at 2:52:48 PM permalink
ams288
And…

Work or pleasure? Lateral or step up? I’m guessing you’re not going further North.

I work from home, so pleasure? Can live anywhere really.

Just time to move on. Grew up in Ohio, family is die-hard Ohio State fans (I’m apathetic towards sports). Ann Arbor is a great town, but never really felt like home.
December 6th, 2021 at 2:55:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Whatever you do don't move out west, nothing for you here.

No sir, nothing at all.

Stay in the rust belt, or maybe down in the swamplands.

Oregon is all filled up with starry-eyed migrants who hit the wall and are now panhandling.
December 6th, 2021 at 3:01:55 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: missedhervee
Whatever you do don't move out west, nothing for you here.

No sir, nothing at all.

Stay in the rust belt, or maybe down in the swamplands.

Oregon is all filled up with starry-eyed migrants who hit the wall and are now panhandling.

I just watched a horror movie recently called “Antlers” that takes place in Oregon.

I was in awe of the beautiful scenery. Made me want to visit.

Then I looked it up and saw that it was actually filmed in Canada. :/
December 6th, 2021 at 4:49:52 PM permalink
rxwine
very good.

on the other hand, you shouldn't be able to make the case that Jesus advocated T-totaling abstinence [though some people do]

if we are to 'turn the other cheek', yet arm ourselves against potential harm too, I think you have to find a middle ground. I'd say "revenge" is what is un-Christian, while protecting your family against contingencies is allowed

From another angle, I think he ought to acknowledge even if it was accidental that he didn't intend to troll the parents of days old high school murder victims.

It's a lack of any class at all not to even say that much.
December 6th, 2021 at 4:52:43 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
very good.

From another angle, I think he ought to acknowledge even if it was accidental that he didn't intend to troll the parents of days old high school murder victims.

It's a lack of any class at all not to even say that much.

He’s a Methodist who grew up in Huntington, West Virginia, and you think he’s going to do something that demonstrates class? You guys are hilarious these last few days.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 6th, 2021 at 5:54:41 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
I just watched a horror movie recently called “Antlers” that takes place in Oregon. I was in awe of the beautiful scenery. Made me want to visit. Then I looked it up and saw that it was actually filmed in Canada. :/

For a good look at what Portland was like back in the day, before all the starry-eyed disaffected losers moved here, watch Matt Dillon's film "Drugstore Cowboy."

Shot in Portland; warts, grit, dirt and all.

I took a girl on a date to a downtown Chinese restaurant back then and when I lifted the sugar bowl a cock roach scurried out.

Ah, memory lane ...
Page 7 of 9« First<456789>