Michigan school shooting

Page 8 of 9« First<56789>
December 6th, 2021 at 6:10:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
For a good look at what Portland was like back in the day, before all the starry-eyed disaffected losers moved here, watch Matt Dillon's film "Drugstore Cowboy."

Shot in Portland; warts, grit, dirt and all.

I took a girl on a date to a downtown Chinese restaurant back then and when I lifted the sugar bowl a cock roach scurried out.

Ah, memory lane ...

Screw Portland. Maybe redirect your stupid annual, “Art Tax,” to dealing with the homeless and it won’t be as much of a problem. Also, gut all of your stupid theaters and turn them into more shelters, then you will have fewer tent sidewalks.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 6th, 2021 at 6:14:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
I work from home, so pleasure? Can live anywhere really.

Just time to move on. Grew up in Ohio, family is die-hard Ohio State fans (I’m apathetic towards sports). Ann Arbor is a great town, but never really felt like home.

If you're technically homeless you can become a resident of the State of Nevada fast and easy. (this is a hack)

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2021 at 11:21:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
For a good look at what Portland was like back in the day, before all the starry-eyed disaffected losers moved here, watch Matt Dillon's film "Drugstore Cowboy."

Shot in Portland; warts, grit, dirt and all.

I took a girl on a date to a downtown Chinese restaurant back then and when I lifted the sugar bowl a cock roach scurried out.

Ah, memory lane ...
They used to have the largest roller coaster between Seattle and San Francisco, Built out of wood. Jantzen beach park on Tomahawk island. It was a fun place. Everyplace has changed in the last hundred years or so. Todays local paper said they brought a piece of the USS Arizona to be permanently displayed here in Havasu.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 7th, 2021 at 4:43:49 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
A classic RonC “both sides” false equivalence.

Can’t just say the GOP rep’s picture was dumb. Gotta bring up the squad and some completely different issue for some “balance.”

They are different but Dems try to link gun pictures to crimes yet fail to link anti-police rhetoric and actions to actual crimes. Democrat prosecutors failing to prosecute add to the real problem.

They are comparable...one is a bad "look"; one is a bad policy.

the picture has been duly condemned. It was stupid and was a horrible idea.
December 7th, 2021 at 6:38:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: RonC
They are different but Dems try to link gun pictures to crimes yet fail to link anti-police rhetoric and actions to actual crimes. Democrat prosecutors failing to prosecute add to the real problem.

They are comparable...one is a bad "look"; one is a bad policy.

the picture has been duly condemned. It was stupid and was a horrible idea.

I thought it was kind of funny, but probably not for the reason they intended.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 7th, 2021 at 7:35:05 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I work from home, so pleasure? Can live anywhere really.

Just time to move on. Grew up in Ohio, family is die-hard Ohio State fans (I’m apathetic towards sports). Ann Arbor is a great town, but never really felt like home.

As a person that also grew up in Ohio, run do not walk and get the hell away from there. The further the better. Every place I have lived since growing up in Ohio has been better than Ohio.

My parents encouraged all of us kids to get away. They offered fully paid tuition to any school as long as it was at least 500 miles from home. All three of us kids took them up on it and none of us have been back. It was chilly here in Florida this morning, it was 59 degrees when I went out on the porch at 6am. High should be 84 today.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 7th, 2021 at 8:31:55 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Mission146
I thought it was kind of funny, but probably not for the reason they intended.

Yeah, they look liked idiots. I guess all of us in the family have "weapons" for hunting and protection, but they aren't ever displayed or celebrated unless it is in a hunting picture. They also aren't easily accessible. Even at hunting camp, we put all weapons away after use and none are visible after a hunt unless someone has holstered pistol.
December 7th, 2021 at 11:05:07 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich
My parents encouraged all of us kids to get away. They offered fully paid tuition to any school as long as it was at least 500 miles from home. All three of us kids took them up on it and none of us have been back.

If your folks hated Ohio so much, why didn't they themselves move away?

Or did they hate the kids, not the state?

J/K
December 7th, 2021 at 1:04:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
If your folks hated Ohio so much, why didn't they themselves move away?

Or did they hate the kids, not the state?

J/K

I was the youngest child and they did move once I left for school. They didn't hate Ohio, they were just smart and wanted their kids to get away and see new areas and explore and not be pigeon holed. I really appreciated it after the fact when I read that about 70% of people never move more than 40 miles from where they grew up.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 7th, 2021 at 1:36:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I really appreciated it after the fact when I read that about 70% of people never move more than 40 miles from where they grew up.

I look at where I have lived and see people who stayed close to home and so glad I saw things in other parts of the USA. You really cannot explain it to people who have not left town.
The President is a fink.
Page 8 of 9« First<56789>