2 votes (40%)
3 votes (60%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

5 members have voted

December 14th, 2021 at 6:24:36 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I find it hard to believe HR would advise this.

Though he may have terminated all of HR (the link says the whole diversity and inclusive and reporting division was fired).

I always thought terminating was supposed to involve the least amount of people present as possible (though at least three for saftey)....

900+ people at once seems crazy, I know it was virtual, but there is no way he would do this in person in a large presentation room, it would be insane (for multiple reasons)...
December 14th, 2021 at 7:31:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I find it hard to believe HR would advise this.

Though he may have terminated all of HR (the link says the whole diversity and inclusive and reporting division was fired).

I always thought terminating was supposed to involve the least amount of people present as possible (though at least three for saftey)....

900+ people at once seems crazy, I know it was virtual, but there is no way he would do this in person in a large presentation room, it would be insane (for multiple reasons)...

Firing diversity and inclusion is smart business.

I disagree on the mass firing in person. Been in such meetings where They said our site was closing. With hundreds of people. He’s in groups of 20-30 where they laid us all off. Really it does not end up a riot.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2021 at 7:34:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Firing diversity and inclusion is smart business.

I disagree on the mass firing in person. Been in such meetings where They said our site was closing. With hundreds of people. He’s in groups of 20-30 where they laid us all off. Really it does not end up a riot.

Closing a site (presumably with several months notice) is different than effective immediately terminations.
December 14th, 2021 at 8:31:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Closing a site (presumably with several months notice) is different than effective immediately terminations.

I’ve been in both. Was no big difference. The immediate we saw coming
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2021 at 7:43:54 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I worked for a company that hired security guards to protect the office when they were shutting down because the general employees had no idea and they were just locked out on a Monday when they showed up for work.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 15th, 2021 at 8:48:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I worked for a company that hired security guards to protect the office when they were shutting down because the general employees had no idea and they were just locked out on a Monday when they showed up for work.

Sometimes that is how. It has to be done and can be better than than having disgruntled employees hanging for days or weeks.

I am changing jobs now because I see a layoff hitting maybe right after the holidays. At the moment a person would be blind not to sense that possibility here.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2021 at 8:54:42 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
This is why I’d never work at a company with more than 1k employees. You just become a number.
December 15th, 2021 at 10:08:07 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: gamerfreak
This is why I’d never work at a company with more than 1k employees. You just become a number.

That may be true but if you are #1 it is probably a good place to be.
December 15th, 2021 at 10:44:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: gamerfreak

I’ve liked bigger places over small in general.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2021 at 3:59:02 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
I’ve liked bigger places over small in general.

right now i am working for my first big company and I am liking it. The last 30 years have all been small companies.
Page 2 of 2<12