Deadpool 2022

February 11th, 2022 at 7:40:20 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
A "father figure."

As a teen / young man I usually watched Carson before nodding off.

Funny, comforting, normal: ah, where have those times gone?
February 11th, 2022 at 7:52:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: missedhervee
A "father figure."

As a teen / young man I usually watched Carson before nodding off.

Funny, comforting, normal: ah, where have those times gone?

Carson has referred to himself as "America's late night contraceptive"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 11th, 2022 at 8:19:37 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
Carson has referred to himself as "America's late night contraceptive"

I recall he once joked that his younger fans may have been conceived during his show -- perhaps because it was boring and the parents amused themselves other ways.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 13th, 2022 at 10:26:48 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
I recall he once joked that his younger fans may have been conceived during his show -- perhaps because it was boring and the parents amused themselves other ways.

A big part of India's contraceptive's program was television. Couples without TV have a tendency to have more children.
--------------

JC's final episode of the tonight on May 22, 1992. In 1991, Carson's son 39 year old Richard died in a tragic car accident. The AP reported that he became distracted while taking photographs. The vehicle went off the road and plunged more than 100 feet down an embankment, landing on its top. It one thing in the last episode that brought JC to tears.

JC had two other sons that inherited part of his fortune.

JC's estate of 450 million was divided 200 million to Alexis Maas, his fourth and final wife married to him for the last 20 years of his life, and 75 million apiece to each son. It is not clear who inherited the last 100 million (perhaps lawyers).

In Italy, by law 50% of the inheritence is equally divided among all children (I believe including illegitmate ones). Peter Sellars left each of his children something like $8000 apiece. It was the legal minimum he could leave so they had no basis to sue the estate. Peter Sellars was not father of the year.
February 13th, 2022 at 11:16:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
Peter Sellars left each of his children something like $8000 apiece. It was the legal minimum he could leave so they had no basis to sue the estate. Peter Sellars was not father of the year.

Interesting
Decided to look into this since a big fan of Strangelove and Being There.
Last wife who was estranged got the fortune.
Sellers friends asked her to share with kids and she refused. Been reported that he was trying to change his will to exclude estranged wife and include a daughter that at his bedside when he died. Wife that inherited had drug issues and died at 39. Son wrote a book about his father with daughters cooperation that was quite successful.
P.S. I Love You: Peter Sellers 1925-1980
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 13th, 2022 at 1:29:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It seems precarious to have your assets go to your children of a previous marriage, and keep bliss during a current marriage. I think it sounds easier than it is? Especially if current spouse looks destined to outlive you and has nieces and nephews and kinfolk of her own.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 13th, 2022 at 3:42:15 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Pacomartin

In Italy, by law 50% of the inheritence is equally divided among all children (I believe including illegitmate ones). Peter Sellars left each of his children something like $8000 apiece. It was the legal minimum he could leave so they had no basis to sue the estate. Peter Sellars was not father of the year.

I believe that is also the law in Louisiana.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 13th, 2022 at 3:45:13 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
It seems precarious to have your assets go to your children of a previous marriage, and keep bliss during a current marriage. I think it sounds easier than it is? Especially if current spouse looks destined to outlive you and has nieces and nephews and kinfolk of her own.

Pavarotti married at the age of 25 the same year he graduated from small regional Italian opera houses, to making his debut as Rodolfo in La bohème at the Teatro Municipale in Reggio Emilia in April 1961. The theater seats over 1000 people and was dedicated in 1857.

This photo of Pavarotti his wife and three daughters was taken when he was about age 45 and had been married roughly 20 years.

His daughters were born in 1962, 1964, and 1967

Although he probably had affairs most of his adult life, his marriage started breaking down as he took up with a girl 34 years younger than him about the time he moved into rock star fame. By the time of his death he had been formally divorced for 7 years and his 3 daughters from his original marriage were all adults with the youngest in her late 40's.

His estate was worth $474.2 million, so under Italian law, giving half to his second wife Nicoletta Mantovani, (he had not been married 4 year),and half equally divided amont his four daughters, the last one being born in 2003 to his second wife. Each daughter received close to $60 million. However, the second wife maintained control of his copyrights and she made a fortune on that business. His first wife, of course, had received a divorce settlement 7 years earlier.
February 14th, 2022 at 8:11:04 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Ivan Reitman who directed and/or produced dozens of movies and TV series including Animal House, Ghost Busters, Stripes, Space Jam.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 15th, 2022 at 10:00:56 PM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined

America's Dad would be Bill Cosby back in his Hey day

​You'd think. Bill Cosby is very gentle and chivalrous during sex. Because he's afraid to wake them up.