Deadpool 2022

April 30th, 2022 at 2:46:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I thought the TV series Amish mafia was a hoot

Never seen it, I don't watch much TV.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 30th, 2022 at 2:57:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

Just the name of the series is a hoot
Like Jumbo Shrimp or Military intelligence ect :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 30th, 2022 at 3:36:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich

You didn't miss much. It was supposed to be a "reality" show but nothing believable about it. I think I saw parts of an episode or two.
The President is a fink.
April 30th, 2022 at 7:36:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
You didn't miss much. It was supposed to be a "reality" show but nothing believable about it. I think I saw parts of an episode or two.

It was totally staged made up bulshit nonsense. Every bit of it was fake, the actors were not even Amish. I think there was two of them that used to be Amish and that was it. All so called reality shows are 90% fake. They are scripted and staged from beginning to end it's the only way a production company can work. They can't just keep the cameras rolling hoping for stuff to happen. They have to know exactly when and where it's going to happen so they're the ones that make it happen. Shows like Cops and Live PD are actual reality shows. But in order to get enough footage they have to send out a dozen camera crews to ride with the cops at the same time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2022 at 6:16:36 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
Naomi Judd.

That is sad. I wonder what the details are.

The Judds were one of the few modern country bands I like. Saw them in concert in the late 80's.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 1st, 2022 at 6:31:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Wizard
That is sad. I wonder what the details are.

The Judds were one of the few modern country bands I like. Saw them in concert in the late 80's.

Dying from "mental illness" sounds like a roundabout reference to suicide to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 1st, 2022 at 10:40:36 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
Dying from "mental illness" sounds like a roundabout reference to suicide to me.

That seems to be the consensus: no "official" cause of death has been issued, but she fought depression and other mental issues for awhile.

Suicide is a strange thing: on the one hand we need to respect an individual's decision to answer the ultimate qutestion: Is my life worth living?

On the other hand a suicide leaves behind a trail of broken loved ones who are themselves statistically much more likely to kill themselves as well.
May 1st, 2022 at 10:43:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
That seems to be the consensus: no "official" cause of death has been issued, but she fought depression and other mental issues for awhile.

Suicide is a strange thing: on the one hand we need to respect an individual's decision to answer the ultimate qutestion: Is my life worth living?

On the other hand a suicide leaves behind a trail of broken loved ones who are themselves statistically much more likely to kill themselves as well.

Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2022 at 1:25:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee

It's a subject I think about all the time
My father was highly intelligent
PHD Yale
Committed Suicide
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 1st, 2022 at 2:00:50 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: terapined
It's a subject I think about all the time
My father was highly intelligent
PHD Yale
Committed Suicide

Please accept my condolences.

"With much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber