Deadpool 2022

January 10th, 2022 at 12:50:31 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: RonC
Robert Durst, murderer, 78

Robert Durst, vacated murderer. Since it was on appeal the charges will be vacated since he died before the resolution of the case. The convicted must have a chance to answer the accusations, if not it is vacated.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 10th, 2022 at 4:54:32 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Wizard
I mainly associate him with America's Funniest Home Videos. Once I sent into a video tape to that show and they returned it to me, without comment, about five years later.

I seem to recall he had a very raunchy version of the Aristocrats joke in the movie by the same name, but maybe there was a certain shock value because I previously had a mental image of him being as a roll model from Full House.

Gilbert Gottfried does the best Aristocrats. It's just the raunchiness of the joke combined with his voice that is a very sick and disturbing, yet incredibly funny, magic.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 10th, 2022 at 4:58:28 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
I watched almost no TV in the 80s and the only shows I watched in the 90s were Frasier and Seinfeld. Never saw Full House or The Cosby Show or any of that crap the passed for entertainment in those days. Never saw the Golden Girls or Matlock. Watched a lot of TV in the 60s and 70s. Never saw a (gag me with a spoon) Murder She Wrote or Dharma & Greg or Caroline in the city or Alf or Suddenly Susan or any of them. I can name them because I just looked them up

I think Full House was meant to be a family sitcom, so it doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't be inclined to have a high opinion of it. I obviously wouldn't watch it now, but maybe it's a mistake for me to take for granted that everyone would be aware of it.

On the other hand, you sometimes seem surprised that I am unaware of actors whose popularity came to an end, literally, before I was born.

I liked Matlock as a kid, don't know what I would think about it now. I still like The Golden Girls and watch an episode or two, every few months, on whatever streaming thing that it's on...can't remember if it's Netflix or Hulu.

I think that I liked Murder, She Wrote as a kid and don't know what I'd think of it now. I'm not aware of the other shows that you said, but might have remembered those names, at one point, never watched them, though.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 12th, 2022 at 9:27:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
I think Full House was meant to be a family sitcom, so it doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't be inclined to have a high opinion of it. .

I have no opinion of it, I never saw it. In the eighties and nineties I had an actual life that didn't involve television, sitting around staring slack-jawed at some piece of crap TV show dreamed up my dumbass Hollywood writers. I found time to watch Seinfeld and Frasier because they were so well written. I mostly can't even tell you what was on TV in the 80's and 90's. This way come as a shock to you but people who have real lives don't watch much television. Even now I haven't watched Network TV in 10 or 12 years. I might become aware of a hit TV show but I'll wait till it's on Netflix or Prime before I ever see it. Right now 90% of my viewing is on YouTube which to me is the absolute best thing that ever came from the internet. The stuff you can see there is a dream come true for me. Right now I'm watching stuff from a channel called Weird History it has all these different tidbits what life was like in the past, very interesting.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 12th, 2022 at 11:34:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have no opinion of it, I never saw it. In the eighties and nineties I had an actual life that didn't involve television, sitting around staring slack-jawed at some piece of crap TV show dreamed up my dumbass Hollywood writers..

it sounds like you were once a much wiser man.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 12th, 2022 at 3:20:43 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Bob Saget, 65

Not expecting that one…

WTF Candace
Really
She is really starting to disgust me

https://www.thedailybeast.com/candace-owens-pushes-unhinged-vax-conspiracy-about-bob-sagets-death
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 12th, 2022 at 4:20:30 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I have no opinion of it, I never saw it. In the eighties and nineties I had an actual life that didn't involve television, sitting around staring slack-jawed at some piece of crap TV show dreamed up my dumbass Hollywood writers. I found time to watch Seinfeld and Frasier because they were so well written. I mostly can't even tell you what was on TV in the 80's and 90's. This way come as a shock to you but people who have real lives don't watch much television. Even now I haven't watched Network TV in 10 or 12 years. I might become aware of a hit TV show but I'll wait till it's on Netflix or Prime before I ever see it. Right now 90% of my viewing is on YouTube which to me is the absolute best thing that ever came from the internet. The stuff you can see there is a dream come true for me. Right now I'm watching stuff from a channel called Weird History it has all these different tidbits what life was like in the past, very interesting.

Who are you telling? I'm the guy that gets almost zero movie references and can count the number of TV series I have watched in the last ten years without using both of my hands. Why would that come as a shock to me?

I will say that I was born somewhere in the range of 1981-1985, as I don't think that's enough for anyone to justify Doxxing me, so I was a kid during much of the shows that we are discussing (or they were even in reruns when I was a kid) and it sometimes rained...LOL. Raining, didn't have internet of any kind, at home, until I was 17...not old enough to drive, so it was either TV or Video Games. Homework maybe, I guess, but I usually had that done before leaving school and did not really need to study for most tests...paying non-zero attention in class helps a lot with that.

I agree with you completely on Youtube. I don't even want to know how many hours of Youtube I watch in a given year. Not including some stuff for writing purposes, it still wouldn't shock me if I averaged an hour a day, or maybe just over.

Weird History rules! I don't watch it religiously, but I have seen several episodes.
January 12th, 2022 at 4:45:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

I agree with you completely on Youtube. I don't even want to know how many hours of Youtube I watch in a given year. Not including some stuff for writing purposes, it still wouldn't shock me if I averaged an hour a day, or maybe just over.

Weird History rules! I don't watch it religiously, but I have seen several episodes.

I canceled Netflix because I watched more YouTube. What is neat is when you find someone watches the same channel as you do. Even channels that get a million views have a one-to-one feel about them. I think part of this is that anyone can make a channel. They make it on their own, not because some network chose them and gave them push.
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2022 at 5:59:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined

At first I thought you were referring to Candace Cameron (his daughter DJ on Full House).

But yeah, Candace Owens is a monster. Nothing new there.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 12th, 2022 at 6:15:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Ronnie Spector -- dead at 78.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber