Deadpool 2022

January 12th, 2022 at 6:23:13 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Wizard
Ronnie Spector -- dead at 78.

Sad that she only outlived that poor excuse for a human being Phil Spector by a year.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 12th, 2022 at 6:58:16 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I canceled Netflix because I watched more YouTube. What is neat is when you find someone watches the same channel as you do. Even channels that get a million views have a one-to-one feel about them. I think part of this is that anyone can make a channel. They make it on their own, not because some network chose them and gave them push.

I agree completely! I think it also seems more unique just because there are so many Youtube channels out there as compared to however many TV shows we'd have had access to years ago.

I also find it interesting because the sort of channels that I like are more about the information rather than flashy production, which suits me.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 13th, 2022 at 2:49:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I agree completely! I think it also seems more unique just because there are so many Youtube channels out there as compared to however many TV shows we'd have had access to years ago.

I also find it interesting because the sort of channels that I like are more about the information rather than flashy production, which suits me.

Very true. There is some animation on the history ones I watch but it is fairly basic. The cooking shows is almost all just someone who knows how to run a camera. It all shows just how out of touch lots of network producers are.
The President is a fink.
January 13th, 2022 at 7:11:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
The food ones are also great! My favorite cooking YT is probably Food Wishes and then you can go to Allrecipes to get the recipe for whatever Chef John happened to make on that episode. I tend to put my own spin on spice combinations, (which Chef John encourages anyway...after all, I am the Condoleezza Rice of what spice is nice) but it's very easy to follow his procedures.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 13th, 2022 at 8:34:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The food ones are also great! My favorite cooking YT is probably Food Wishes and then you can go to Allrecipes to get the recipe for whatever Chef John happened to make on that episode. I tend to put my own spin on spice combinations, (which Chef John encourages anyway...after all, I am the Condoleezza Rice of what spice is nice) but it's very easy to follow his procedures.

The Domestic Geek has some good shows. Nice gal but I swear her husband must weigh 300lbs.
The President is a fink.
January 13th, 2022 at 8:43:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
The Domestic Geek has some good shows. Nice gal but I swear her husband must weigh 300lbs.

That just sounds like great marketing for her.
January 13th, 2022 at 3:38:26 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I agree with you completely on Youtube. I don't even want to know how many hours of Youtube I watch in a given year. Not including some stuff for writing purposes, it still wouldn't shock me if I averaged an hour a day, or maybe just over.

Weird History rules! I don't watch it religiously, but I have seen several episodes.

wow, I havent really got into Youtube videos except on the rare occasion i consider a DIY project.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 13th, 2022 at 5:14:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
wow, I havent really got into Youtube videos except on the rare occasion i consider a DIY project.

And then watch the video and do it, hire someone else to do it anyway, or a mix?
January 13th, 2022 at 6:10:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
And then watch the video and do it, hire someone else to do it anyway, or a mix?

I always read the comments on a DIY videos I'm interested in. Because usually someone points out an error or an improvement the poster may have missed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2022 at 8:32:02 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

This little job seems so easy that a disabled monkey could do it. I spent hours on this mini project and had to get help.

Most modern cars you can pop out the glove box with your hand on change the cabin air filter. The problem with this older car was the plastic cover kept twisting so that I couldn't put the 10 screws back in. I finally had to settle on leaving a few screws out, but the cover doesn't collapse when you open the glove box.