January 6 redux

Page 29 of 32« First<26272829303132>
January 21st, 2022 at 2:56:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

She only picked people who were openly against Trump, not ones who were among the hundred or more who are not subjects of the investigation.

Benghazi investigation, all the Republicans were hostile to Clinton. No republican can take the grilling she did.
I'm for ALL investigations. Even Benghazi
Power corrupts on both sides
If you really care, you would be for all investigations
Let's hear the evidence
Benghazi turned out to be a nothing nothingburger because Clinton testified all day
If Jan 6 is a nothingburger, let's hear the evidence
Why are some on the right afraid of the evidence, because its not a nothingburger
If Republicans win 2022, no doubt there will be a Fauci investigation. I'd be for it but I'm pretty certain that's a nothingburger. Dr Fauci is not Dr Evil no matter how much Rand believes that. The testimony and investigation will prove that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 21st, 2022 at 3:25:11 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Benghazi investigation, all the Republicans were hostile to Clinton. No republican can take the grilling she did.
I'm for ALL investigations. Even Benghazi
Power corrupts on both sides
If you really care, you would be for all investigations
Let's hear the evidence
Benghazi turned out to be a nothing nothingburger because Clinton testified all day
If Jan 6 is a nothingburger, let's hear the evidence
Why are some on the right afraid of the evidence, because its not a nothingburger
If Republicans win 2022, no doubt there will be a Fauci investigation. I'd be for it but I'm pretty certain that's a nothingburger. Dr Fauci is not Dr Evil no matter how much Rand believes that. The testimony and investigation will prove that

You consistently fail to read and comprehend.

I am FOR the prosecution of those who committed crimes on 1/6.

I am FOR a PROPER Congressional investigation. The one for Benghazi was done correctly based on the precedents of the House.

Each leader (Speaker/Minority Leader) picked their members of that committee.

They then went through the process and asked a lot of questions. Questions from both sides of the aisle.

That is how these things have been done until now. Pelosi ignored precedent and rejected Republican appointees. Then she picked two (not even a normal number for that side of the aisle) herself.

She tarnished the process and now a lot of questions having to do with the workings of that day will not get asked.

I am not saying Democrats committed crimes. I am saying that investigations like this involve potential bad actors and the process. That would include things that could have been done with the intelligence, what happened that they could have prevented or stopped sooner, etc.

It is a full investigation of the whole thing.

I do understand which side most, perhaps all, of those who committed crimes were on.

That wasn’t the point. Stop trying to twist things.
January 21st, 2022 at 5:34:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
January 21st, 2022 at 5:50:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn will no longer hold honorary degrees from the University of Rhode Island, the school announced Friday. The Board of Trustees and the president approved the motion after an investigation by the URI Honorary Degree Committee.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2022 at 6:24:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I doubt if Pelosi has anything related to a felony or helping overturn an election concerning Jan 6. Willing to bet on it?

I’d say the same about Trump, actually. His inaction when he was generally aware of what was going on was repulsive, but I doubt that all the hunting the Dems will do won’t find the smoking gun they desperately want. It’s probably hidden under the pee tape….
January 21st, 2022 at 7:21:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
I’d say the same about Trump, actually. His inaction when he was generally aware of what was going on was repulsive, but I doubt that all the hunting the Dems will do won’t find the smoking gun they desperately want. It’s probably hidden under the pee tape….

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2022 at 3:18:01 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The D.C Medical Examiner claims she died from acute amphetimine intoxication. Metro Police claim officers were trying to rescue her, after they claim, she was trampled by the crowd. Here she is being savagely beaten by an officer, first using a metal baton, then a wooden stick, as she lies unconscious. An internal Metro Police probe, determined the beating of the woman, lying unconscious on the concrete, was ‘objectively reasonable’.
February 13th, 2022 at 6:55:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Anyone who expects a report out without a bias is just plain stupid.

The usual good outcome of Congressional investigations is a report from the committee with a dissenting report if one side feels the work product of the committee is too biased.

You don’t get that when the committee is handpicked by one side or the other. The token Republicans will work towards a biased product as will the Dems.

To be clear, I am all for a fair investigation; even a Durham-style one. I am okay if people “go down” for things that were illegal. I am also open to hearing about bad decisions. The problem is that while all of the potential crimes may be from one side, all the bad decisions probably don’t. Therein lies the potential coverup.

Maybe not the Spanish Inquisition but certainly a less than perfect investigation.
February 13th, 2022 at 7:41:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Anyone who expects a report out without a bias is just plain stupid.

The usual good outcome of Congressional investigations is a report from the committee with a dissenting report if one side feels the work product of the committee is too biased.

You don’t get that when the committee is handpicked by one side or the other. The token Republicans will work towards a biased product as will the Dems.

To be clear, I am all for a fair investigation; even a Durham-style one. I am okay if people “go down” for things that were illegal. I am also open to hearing about bad decisions. The problem is that while all of the potential crimes may be from one side, all the bad decisions probably don’t. Therein lies the potential coverup.

Maybe not the Spanish Inquisition but certainly a less than perfect investigation.

I'm not actually clear on what congressional investigation was so baseless whether by Republican or Democrats that one can single it out for major falsehoods.

Which one do you think fits that example?

What I am aware of is at the issuance of the report, the partisan sides emphasizing what they want to emphasize and ignoring what they want to ignore. This is definitely a kind of lying, just as impactful as reporting false facts.
February 13th, 2022 at 9:02:02 AM permalink
rxwine
wrong thread delete.
Page 29 of 32« First<26272829303132>