January 6 redux

Page 4 of 32<1234567>Last »
January 3rd, 2022 at 12:27:58 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
It is well known that right-wing extremism is the most dangerous extremism in the U.S. It was an attack on democracy, hundreds of people trying to lynch politicians (both left and right) that they disagreed with.

BLM and ANTIFA have not tried to take over a government building. Those riots are not the same, there is a difference between riots and terrorist attacks. That is like saying "You can't arrest me for a DUI because some guy is double parked over there....."

You can feel that attacking congress is more serious Gandler but don't try and claim that BLM has not been attacking government buildings. Here is a headline for you why don't you Google it and see if you can learn something.

"Protesters burn government building during riot in Portland"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 3rd, 2022 at 12:34:58 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
They burned a piece of plywood which had been erected to protect the glass.

The building didn't burn.

Yeah, they should have used fire hoses and attack dogs on the protesters but hey, this is Portland.

Besides, comparing BLM to the Jan. 6th insurection is comparing apples and oranges: not the same at all.

The BLM stuff was not fomented by a sitting president in order to overturn a valid election so he could cling to power.

Trump and his cronies took a clear shot at the heart of our country's government, and lost, just like they lost the election.
January 3rd, 2022 at 12:35:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
You can feel that attacking congress is more serious Gandler but don't try and claim that BLM has not been attacking government buildings. Here is a headline for you why don't you Google it and see if you can learn something.

"Protesters burn government building during riot in Portland"

I'm against any crime
Arrest the lawbreakers in Portland
Investigate if it looks like elected officials conspired with protesters to break the law
The diff
I'm for investigating Portland and DC
No Trumpers want DC investigated
Hypocrisy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 3rd, 2022 at 12:46:28 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: terapined
No Trumpers want DC investigated. Hypocrisy

Bingo.

They got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and are trying to lie their way out of it.
January 3rd, 2022 at 12:48:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
They burned a piece of plywood which had been erected to protect the glass.

The building didn't burn.

Yeah, they should have used fire hoses and attack dogs on the protesters but hey, this is Portland.

Besides, comparing BLM to the Jan. 6th insurection is comparing apples and oranges: not the same at all.

The BLM stuff was not fomented by a sitting president in order to overturn a valid election so he could cling to power.

Trump and his cronies took a clear shot at the heart of our country's government, and lost, just like they lost the election.

Thanks for confirming your stance that if BLM does it then no big deal. Of course I knew it all the time.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2022 at 12:58:30 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: AZDuffman
Thanks for confirming your stance that if BLM does it then no big deal. Of course I knew it all the time.

Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth...not.

I never said the BLM riots were "no big deal," in fact I have numerous posts condemning the BLM / antifa rioters.

I pointed out that you cannot accurately compare the BLM/antifa riots to the January 6th insurrection.

I never said the BLM stuff was no big deal, nor did I imply it.
January 3rd, 2022 at 1:03:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Learn about sexual harassment. A boss having sex in the office would certainly constitute a hostile environment. Liberals ignore this when it comes to Clinton.

This is right from eeoc.gov. Notice the word “unwelcome.” Monica’s own words to Linda Tripp suggest she wasn’t pressured. And don’t forget office behavior itself has tightened up since the Clinton era, particularly after ‘me too.’ But office behavior is different than applying law.
——————

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person's sex. Harassment can include "sexual harassment" or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person's sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.
Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.
Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).
The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2022 at 1:09:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Certain businesses may have zero tolerance for certain actions, that are not illegal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2022 at 1:30:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
This is right from eeoc.gov. Notice the word “unwelcome.” Monica’s own words to Linda Tripp suggest she wasn’t pressured. And don’t forget office behavior itself has tightened up since the Clinton era, particularly after ‘me too.’ But office behavior is different than applying law.
——————

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person's sex. Harassment can include "sexual harassment" or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person's sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.
Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.
Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).
The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

Go and learn about "hostile environment." News flash, Monica was not the victim. She is just a tramp. Every other woman working in the office is the victim.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2022 at 1:32:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth...not.

Nah, you just said it is cool with you to light a building on fire as long as it is plywood covering a window to protect it from the rioters.
The President is a fink.
Page 4 of 32<1234567>Last »