January 6 redux

January 3rd, 2022 at 2:13:20 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
You mean kind of like a riot was quickly ended thus there was no insurrection?

What are you talking about?

The insurrection was not quickly ended, but even if it had been it would not minimize the severity of the actions taken on Jan. 6th.

Physically knocking down fences and fighting with cops / security to gain entry into the US Capitol in order to violently prevent Congress from certifying the election results: are you saying that is OK?

Or that it was nothing to be concerned about?

If I tried to break into your home to prevent you from living there would you be OK with that as well?

If not, why not?
January 3rd, 2022 at 2:15:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
What are you talking about?

The insurrection was not quickly ended, but even if it had been it would not minimize the severity of the actions taken on Jan. 6th.

Physically knocking down fences and fighting with cops / security to gain entry into the US Capitol in order to violently prevent Congress from certifying the election results: are you saying that is OK?

Or that it was nothing to be concerned about?

If I tried to break into your home to prevent you from living there would you be OK with that as well?

If not, why not?

It just lasted a couple hours. That is pretty quickly.

I said a little revolution now and then is a good thing. When an election is outright stolen via all kinds of fraud it is.

If you try do it when I am not at home. Loaded gun in my dresser.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2022 at 2:25:09 PM permalink
missedhervee
II said a little revolution now and then is a good thing. When an election is outright stolen via all kinds of fraud it is.

Herein lies your problem: you actually believe Trump won, that the election was stolen, when in fact courts have determined there is insufficient evidence to support the claim.

The foundation / basis of your argument must fail if in reality the election was not stolen.

It's been almost a year now; maybe on Jan. 6th during his press conference Trump will finally produce the much-referred to yet never shown evidence of election fraud causing a stolen election.

Like the old lady in the Wendy's commercial I ask "Where's the beef?"

Remember, just saying something is true doesn't make it true.
January 3rd, 2022 at 2:46:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Herein lies your problem: you actually believe Trump won, that the election was stolen, when in fact courts have determined there is insufficient evidence to support the claim.

The foundation / basis of your argument must fail if in reality the election was not stolen.

It's been almost a year now; maybe on Jan. 6th during his press conference Trump will finally produce the much-referred to yet never shown evidence of election fraud causing a stolen election.

Like the old lady in the Wendy's commercial I ask "Where's the beef?"

Remember, just saying something is true doesn't make it true.

Just because "the courts say" does not mean the election was not stolen. The whole mail in voting fiasco is proof enough. I will explain it the way the FBI agents described why they could not bring charges for the crew who did the Lufthansa heist: "Knowing and proving is two different things."

Heck, the machines I used to vote in 2016 were replaced by far less secure paper ballots. For what good reason other than enabling fraud?

I will go to my grave knowing it was stolen.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2022 at 2:57:00 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
You can feel that attacking congress is more serious Gandler but don't try and claim that BLM has not been attacking government buildings. Here is a headline for you why don't you Google it and see if you can learn something.

"Protesters burn government building during riot in Portland"

It is different (and more serious for many reason). Trust me I am no fan of BLM or ANTIFA, but when looking at terror risks there are really three things that matter:

1. Frequency (Number of Attacks per time period by Groups or affiliations)
2. Severity (Damager -death, injury, property damage, etc...- caused by attack)
3. Numbers (Number of members and supporters of groups that support the action).

In all three metrics right-wing extremism takes the cake, its not even close. Speaking strictly about domestic terrorism. 57% if you just take it at people who are blatantly right wing and 25% for left wing extremists (and again these numbers do not count the Severity, almost nobody died in the left wing attacks compared to the right wing attacks), and really 57% should be over 70% in my view because I consider domestic religious terrorists, abortion-motived terrorists, and most ethno-terrorists to be right-wing.

International terrorism is different, though I consider Islamists, right-wing extremists, so its not that far off internationally either....

You can find Google articles, I put the terror attack list from the FBI, I trust this more as far as what is considered by the FBI to be a terrorist attack.
January 3rd, 2022 at 3:04:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Just because "the courts say" does not mean the election was not stolen. The whole mail in voting fiasco is proof enough. I will explain it the way the FBI agents described why they could not bring charges for the crew who did the Lufthansa heist: "Knowing and proving is two different things."

Heck, the machines I used to vote in 2016 were replaced by far less secure paper ballots. For what good reason other than enabling fraud?

You think the MyPillow guy liked spending all the time and money to reveal evidence and came up nada?

MyPillow CEO's election fraud 'proof' implodes in front of live audience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wemma8Zz0Z0
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2022 at 3:05:06 PM permalink
missedhervee
I will go to my grave BELIEVING WITHOUT ANY PROOF it was stolen.

There, I FYP.

Belief without proof?

Sounds like a religion, or in this case a cult.
January 4th, 2022 at 1:25:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Amen, brother
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 4th, 2022 at 5:12:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Excellent article from USA Today
Fact checks all the BS about Jan 6 the righties are pushing

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/9052900002
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 4th, 2022 at 5:19:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
There, I FYP.

Belief without proof?

Sounds like a religion, or in this case a cult.

AZ believes everything Trump says
ROTFL
Fascinating. So far down the rabbit hole , critical thinking has been extinguished
Trump does all the thinking for Trumpers
The cult of Trump
Can't wait to see this banner
"I don't think , Trump does my thinking"
Or
"Trump is god, I don't need to think"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"