January 6 redux

January 5th, 2022 at 5:46:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

We don't need to wait long, Trump is ready regarded as one of the worst Presidents, by all Presidential ranking, he ranges from 41-44. Most of the Presidents who are ranked close or worse than him consistently were still supporting slavery right before the Civil War or were terrible during reconstruction (Johnson).

This changes when you ask people who are not liberal but are intelligent thinkers.
The President is a fink.
January 5th, 2022 at 5:59:34 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
This changes when you ask people who are not liberal but are intelligent thinkers.

It doesn't, those rankings are by historians that look for very specific metrics for their rankings (there is a reason most lists are roughly the same, yes some small changes between them, but usually within a few rankings of each other).
January 5th, 2022 at 6:25:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Why not just deny that the historians even ranked Trump that way in the first place? Isn't that what, "Intelligent thinkers," do---simply deny the truth if the truth is something they don't like?

Myself, I still think it's too early to put him on an all-time ranking list just out of recency bias, but I'm not a historian and I don't have a POTUS ranking list.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 5th, 2022 at 6:43:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
It doesn't, those rankings are by historians that look for very specific metrics for their rankings (there is a reason most lists are roughly the same, yes some small changes between them, but usually within a few rankings of each other).

If they are looking for specific metrics then Trump cannot be near the bottom. Booming economy until intentional shutdown. Great progress in the middle east. New NAFTA. Lots of other progress.

I will say it again, they are either liberals or idiots. And no serious historian ranks a POTUS not out of office at least 20 years.
The President is a fink.
January 5th, 2022 at 6:56:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee

We need a vigorous leader, not a brain-addled, narcissistic fat clown or a well-intentioned yet doddering Mr. Rogers.

The president is supposed to represent us, and let's face it this country is made up mostly of fat clowns and old fools. I think the representation is appropriate.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 5th, 2022 at 7:52:19 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
The president is supposed to represent us, and let's face it this country is made up mostly of fat clowns and old fools. I think the representation is appropriate.

How dare you mention DR that our emperors have no clothes. Next thing you will be claiming that all politicians manipulate their followers.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 5th, 2022 at 9:16:42 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
If they are looking for specific metrics then Trump cannot be near the bottom. Booming economy until intentional shutdown. Great progress in the middle east. New NAFTA. Lots of other progress.

I will say it again, they are either liberals or idiots. And no serious historian ranks a POTUS not out of office at least 20 years.

No, he will be near the bottom, I don't care who the next four Presidents are, I have no doubt Trump will be in the Red (bottom 25%) of all Presidents, and well into the bottom 25%, I would say bottom 1-5 easily.
January 5th, 2022 at 9:59:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
No, he will be near the bottom, I don't care who the next four Presidents are, I have no doubt Trump will be in the Red (bottom 25%) of all Presidents, and well into the bottom 25%, I would say bottom 1-5 easily.

News flash, flash. Liberals not liking him is not a reason to rank near the bottom. And I never hear a liberal give a reason to put him near the bottom other than they hate him or he made a mean tweet.
The President is a fink.
January 5th, 2022 at 10:01:48 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Other than this forum I haven't heard a single person mention Trump in over a month. Let it die.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 5th, 2022 at 10:19:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
News flash, flash. Liberals not liking him is not a reason to rank near the bottom. And I never hear a liberal give a reason to put him near the bottom other than they hate him or he made a mean tweet.

More presidents have ended their 2nd term with even worse approval ratings than the first. So, he was probably even worse given more time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?