The Biden Presidency 2022

January 16th, 2022 at 8:36:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I just saw this stat. Concerning Biden hiding.

Number of Informal Q+A's given to the Press. (that's where a president answers a few random questions after any appearance. I knew Biden has been doing a lot of them.

1st year of presidency.

Bush 144 Q&A's
Obama 46
Trump 120
Biden 216.

I don't know what the total number of questions is though. But even in a normal Press conference a President still chooses which reporters to ask questions and more importantly which reporters get more questions than others. So, it's hardly hiding. Pretty much a false charge.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2022 at 3:18:24 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

Number of Informal Q+A's given to the Press. (that's where a president answers a few random questions after any appearance. I knew Biden has been doing a lot of them.

1st year of presidency.

Bush 144 Q&A's
Obama 46
Trump 120
Biden 216.

I don't know what the total number of questions is though. But even in a normal Press conference a President still chooses which reporters to ask questions and more importantly which reporters get more questions than others. So, it's hardly hiding. Pretty much a false charge.

I think it just seems that way because of the ratings, honestly. In the case of Trump, the people who loved him watched him a lot and the people who hated him watched him a lot...and most people were one way or another way.

In the case of Biden, I can't imagine many people love him, so probably only the people that don't care for him paying very much attention to his informal pressers at all and probably not as much as those who hated Trump did...as they likely hate Biden less than the Trump haters hated Trump.

That's one thing I'll give Biden and how I like my Presidents---boring, for the most part.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 16th, 2022 at 3:24:48 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
I think it just seems that way because of the ratings, honestly. In the case of Trump, the people who loved him watched him a lot and the people who hated him watched him a lot...and most people were one way or another way.

In the case of Biden, I can't imagine many people love him, so probably only the people that don't care for him paying very much attention to his informal pressers at all and probably not as much as those who hated Trump did...as they likely hate Biden less than the Trump haters hated Trump.

That's one thing I'll give Biden and how I like my Presidents---boring, for the most part.

I don't pay any attention to Biden
Don't need too
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 16th, 2022 at 4:18:47 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Mission146

Trump's term was very interesting, unlike Biden's.

Ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."
January 16th, 2022 at 4:37:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
I don't pay any attention to Biden
Don't need too

Same.

It’s refreshing to not have to care about what international crisis our POTUS’s early morning tweet is getting us into today.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 16th, 2022 at 5:10:45 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

1st year of presidency.

Bush 144 Q&A's
Obama 46
Trump 120
Biden 216.

Could you provide a source for your figures?
Let's go Brandon
January 17th, 2022 at 10:24:30 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Rough December numbers.

Inflation 7%. Highest rate in 40 years.

Producer Prices up 9.7% - Biggest gain on record

Initial jobless claims 30,000 higher than expected.

Retail sales down 2.3%

Industrial Production down

Capacity Utilization Down

Wholesale and Business Inventories increasing - Because they can’t sell the stuff
January 17th, 2022 at 10:43:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Rough December numbers.

Inflation 7%. Highest rate in 40 years.

Producer Prices up 9.7% - Biggest gain on record

Initial jobless claims 30,000 higher than expected.

Retail sales down 2.3%

Industrial Production down

Capacity Utilization Down

Wholesale and Business Inventories increasing - Because they can’t sell the stuff

Wrong thread
Biden not responsible
Should be in the news thread or the virus thread

The virus is giving the country a real kick in the nuts. The more unvaccinated we have, the harder the kick
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 17th, 2022 at 11:28:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
President Biden has been using MLK Day to raise awareness and push for Voter Rights Reformation:

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-speech-pass-of-voting-rights-bills-senate-mlk-day-2022-1

I think that this is admirable way to recognize MLK's legacy while securing the future of voting.
January 17th, 2022 at 3:01:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Are you hanging out at the Cape Coral Hospital? Hope you get out soon.

Whether Hillary comes back depends on other Democratic options.

Is there a TV channel changer remote on your call buzzer. That's the modern way.

Sadly my buzzer remote wasn't working so they gave me a separate wireless remote like you would have at home. I turn over a lot when laying down and with all the wires and three separate IV's my bed becomes a tangled mess. The remote was located on Day 5 when I was allowed to get out of bed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.