The Biden Presidency 2022

July 3rd, 2022 at 12:10:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
CBS News is reporting that in 2012 election 59 precincts in Philadelphia recorded not a single vote cast for Mitt Romney. This would be a statistical impossibility in just one Precinct. In 59 precincts it's obvious to anybody that has two brain cells that the presidential election in that city was rigged. Yet we are supposed to believe that the most controversial election of our time in 2020 was completely honest and was not stolen. Google it if you don't believe me, 59 Precincts and not a single Romney vote. Of course we didn't hear about it because the election wasn't even close so nobody did a deep dive into the stats.

Except it would not be a statistical impossibility, even the New York Times covered this in 2016.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/upshot/funny-stuff-in-philadelphia-zero-votes-does-not-equal-fraud.html

"Those suspect voting divisions in Philadelphia contain, on average, several hundred voters and often encompass just a few city blocks. They’re small units. And, in a city where Democrats outnumber Republicans by seven to one, in many of these heavily black, lower-income divisions the Democratic advantage is even more stark. Citywide, about a quarter of all voting divisions contain fewer than 20 registered Republicans. In many of the divisions at issue, that number is in the single digits. "

Basically, the precincts with zero Romney votes were very (geographically small -a couple blocks), and all in African American areas. When you live in a dense City, there are dozens of polling locations that are only encompassing a tiny area. Its very different than when you live in a rural or even suburban area, a lot of people do not understand this. And, its not uncommon for many of these locations to not have a single Republican, or a literal handful (they said 20 Republicans per precinct was the high end.....)

Philadelphia is a very liberal city (something like over 80%) across the whole City limits. However, in African American districts, it is close to 100%.

So when you look at how small these areas are, and the fact that some may only have single digit "registered republicans" (which does not even mean they are actually Republican, some people never bother to switch parties, or some people like to be able to vote in the primaries, etc....), its really not surprising that in some elections Republicans get zero....

Not everything is a conspiracy, some things are just the reality on the ground.
July 4th, 2022 at 9:45:31 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
Except it would not be a statistical impossibility, even the New York Times covered this in 2016.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/upshot/funny-stuff-in-philadelphia-zero-votes-does-not-equal-fraud.html

"Those suspect voting divisions in Philadelphia contain, on average, several hundred voters and often encompass just a few city blocks. They’re small units. And, in a city where Democrats outnumber Republicans by seven to one, in many of these heavily black, lower-income divisions the Democratic advantage is even more stark. Citywide, about a quarter of all voting divisions contain fewer than 20 registered Republicans. In many of the divisions at issue, that number is in the single digits. "

Basically, the precincts with zero Romney votes were very (geographically small -a couple blocks), and all in African American areas. When you live in a dense City, there are dozens of polling locations that are only encompassing a tiny area. Its very different than when you live in a rural or even suburban area, a lot of people do not understand this. And, its not uncommon for many of these locations to not have a single Republican, or a literal handful (they said 20 Republicans per precinct was the high end.....)

Philadelphia is a very liberal city (something like over 80%) across the whole City limits. However, in African American districts, it is close to 100%.

So when you look at how small these areas are, and the fact that some may only have single digit "registered republicans" (which does not even mean they are actually Republican, some people never bother to switch parties, or some people like to be able to vote in the primaries, etc....), its really not surprising that in some elections Republicans get zero....

Wow! I never thought you were would spew such bs. Shame on you.
July 5th, 2022 at 7:37:28 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Math isn't your strong suit is it. Care to tell us what you think the odds are?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 5th, 2022 at 8:50:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
Math isn't your strong suit is it. Care to tell us what you think the odds are?

I would agree I am weak on math (at least compared to most of WOV), but its not my math (its from the article). And, I don't know what the answer is, but when those districts have only 0-19 Republicans per polling station (often Republicans on the registration only, IE they don't actually vote R in generals), I would guess the probability is not unreasonable (perhaps even likely).

For the record there were polling stations that got votes for Romney in Philly. You guys are just hyper focusing on the African American districts (where Republicans basically don't exist)....

Think about it , all African American neighborhood, 99% Democrat, maybe as little as 1-2 people registered as a Republican for fun or whatever decades ago, choosing between Obama and Romney? It is really a surprise that Obama got 100% of the vote?
July 5th, 2022 at 1:03:20 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I would agree I am weak on math (at least compared to most of WOV), but its not my math (its from the article). And, I don't know what the answer is, but when those districts have only 0-19 Republicans per polling station (often Republicans on the registration only, IE they don't actually vote R in generals), I would guess the probability is not unreasonable (perhaps even likely).

For the record there were polling stations that got votes for Romney in Philly. You guys are just hyper focusing on the African American districts (where Republicans basically don't exist)....

Think about it , all African American neighborhood, 99% Democrat, maybe as little as 1-2 people registered as a Republican for fun or whatever decades ago, choosing between Obama and Romney? It is really a surprise that Obama got 100% of the vote?

For 1 district not a surprise. For 59 districts beyond belief.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 5th, 2022 at 9:18:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2022/july/04/foreign-policy-fail-bidens-sanctions-are-a-windfall-for-russia/

"It’s easy to see why, according to a new Harris poll, 71 percent of Americans said they do not want Joe Biden to run for re-election. As Americans face record gas prices and the highest inflation in 40 years, President Biden admits he could not care less. His Administration is committed to fight a proxy war with Russia through Ukraine and Americans just need to suck it up."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 6th, 2022 at 5:13:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2022/july/04/foreign-policy-fail-bidens-sanctions-are-a-windfall-for-russia/

"It’s easy to see why, according to a new Harris poll, 71 percent of Americans said they do not want Joe Biden to run for re-election. As Americans face record gas prices and the highest inflation in 40 years, President Biden admits he could not care less. His Administration is committed to fight a proxy war with Russia through Ukraine and Americans just need to suck it up."

I don't blame Biden
I'm paying fair market prices
It's capitalism
Suck it up
The alternative is communism
Nobody wants that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 7th, 2022 at 11:23:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/millions-barrels-us-emergency-oil-reserve-sent-abroad-including-china

"Courtesy of Reuters we know: more than 5 million barrels of oil that were part of the historic U.S. SPR release were exported to Europe and Asia last month, including top US geopolitical nemesis in the global arena, China, even as U.S. gasoline and diesel prices hit record highs." my bolding

"What is most notable is that a third cargo headed to US arch-enemy, China, which is now directly benefiting at the expense of US consumers as a result of Biden's escalating panic to undo the consequences of his catastrophic green policies by selling the most valuable US assets directly to Beijing!"
July 7th, 2022 at 11:35:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Gas Prices Drop Further: How Low Could They Go This Summer?

Quick, righties! Better start cooking up some “caravan” stories before Nov.!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 7th, 2022 at 12:00:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
https://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/investing/saudi-arabia-buys-largest-oil-refinery-port-arthur/index.html

Trading for US infrastructure.