The Biden Presidency 2022

January 14th, 2022 at 11:10:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Can someone please just get ahold of Paul Ryan? We need a g*****n President and I can live with him. It's been more than five years.

I think he's really retired. Like, not coming back to public life retired. He can't do that. He's our only chance...unless Tom Brady decides to run for President, but it would be disgraceful, as Gods should be above politics.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 11:12:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
People could also wise up and vote Libertarian, but I think Brady winning as an Independent is 1,000,000x more likely.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 11:25:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Why is the VP so unprepared for interviews?

I can't recall a good one she has given and the folks she has them with are hand picked.

I know some will just say "you don't support her"...and they are right. That does not mean that I cannot think her interviews are good or bad.

Why is anybody watching a VP interview
No doubt righties are hanging on every word and examine the entire interview under a microscope
Me
I haven't watched a VP interview my entire life
Its much ado about nothing unless you hate her
She has no power but people on the right are livid she is VP
Weird
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2022 at 11:28:56 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
Can someone please just get ahold of Paul Ryan? We need a g*****n President and I can live with him. It's been more than five years.

I think he's really retired. Like, not coming back to public life retired. He can't do that. He's our only chance...unless Tom Brady decides to run for President, but it would be disgraceful, as Gods should be above politics.

He's a real conservative
But
He can't pass the bend the knee to Trump test
Therefore the base hates him
Therefore he is toast in the Trump party
There is no republican party if Trump has his way
Interesting times
The most powerful "republican" Trump, hates the 2nd most powerful republican, Moscow Mitch
Fascinating
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2022 at 11:37:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
No doubt righties are hanging on every word and examine the entire interview under a microscope
Me
Weird

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the POTUS dies, the VP is the person who becomes President, right? But, why would anyone care about who the VP is? McCain lost, at least in part, because the person he chose as his would-be VP was an idiot.

I don't hate Kamala Harris. Why would I? I watched the interview and gave my observations. She's a politician like any other, but more divisive than some and a worse talker than some others...based on that very small sample as well as watching her in the Primary debates.
January 14th, 2022 at 11:41:37 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Me
Weird

Nothing weird about watching her in an eventful week like this one. Lots of news.

Your usual "much ado about nothing" is as worthless today as usual. She is next in line after a nearly 80 year old President. That is worth paying at least passing attention to especially since he seems to be a little slow these days.

I don't want 80 year-olds as President...but if the fitness for office of the President is in question, I will pay attention to the VP a bit.
January 14th, 2022 at 11:41:52 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the POTUS dies, the VP is the person who becomes President, right?

What are the odds?
Pretty long
Palin got McCain more votes
His rallies were a morgue till Palin showed up.
What little I have seen from Harris, seems pretty sharp, got the VP
January 14th, 2022 at 11:44:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
What are the odds?
Pretty long
Palin got McCain more votes
His rallies were a morgue till Palin showed up.
What little I have seen from Harris, seems pretty sharp, got the VP

I couldn't even tell you how many people I personally know who went Obama because they didn't want Palin to be just a heartbeat away, maybe not only that, but it was definitely a factor. Not because she's a woman, as we have a female VP now, but because she was an idiot.

The odds of Biden dying in the next couple of years? I wouldn't say absurdly long. Steelers beating the Chiefs Sunday long?
January 14th, 2022 at 11:46:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hillary was a total wonk on details in interviews. Didn't get her the Presidency.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2022 at 11:50:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Hillary was a total wonk on details in interviews. Didn't get her the Presidency.

Because all she ever did in debates and speeches was stand up there and shriek shrilly. If you watched her in a sit down interview, she was very articulate and came off as intelligent, level-headed, detail-oriented and kind. Problem is, the settings that best play to her strengths (policy discussion) aren't the settings that most people are watching or that some voters particularly care about. Maybe that's because the bulk of the Electorate (i.e. the country's voting population) is stupid, but, that's the game that you have to play for anyone.

She also didn't have the best general messaging in the major events or media...made it too much about her gender rather than policy, or at least, the people who decided how she was to be marketed did.